Lucas Digne

God Serena

I hope the stupid board ends these loan with option to buy crap once and for all! It already got quite ridiculous!!

I'll never understand such comments and opinions like these concerning Digne. He was the best you could hope for in a backup player short of a supremely talented La Masia graduate (Grimaldo :( )and the only truly bad performance he put in that I can think of was a result of Lucho stubbornly playing anyone he possibly could at RB when Roberto wasn't available.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I'll never understand such comments and opinions like these concerning Digne. He was the best you could hope for in a backup player short of a supremely talented La Masia graduate (Grimaldo :( )and the only truly bad performance he put in that I can think of was a result of Lucho stubbornly playing anyone he possibly could at RB when Roberto wasn't available.

Yeah. It's pretty surprising that the stupid board's media bitches are spreading these rumors.

He is a good backup and we would do very well to keep him rather than sell him.

However, in case we do want to offload, I hope it's a permanent deal and not stupid loan with a buy-back! Every Tom, Dick & Harry make a fool out of our board in such situation!

Messi983

I'd give this rumours a bit more credibility if we'd still have a chance to sign Theo but now it's probably just BS. Also, Digne has said he's not going anywhere and who would we sign anyway as his replacement? Rodriguez is off to Milan AFAIK and there are not a lot of other great options available.

I say keep Digne for another year or two, renew Cucurella and give him a chance in first team in some games alongside playing regularly for Barça B and see how he'll develop. Then we can re-evaluate LB situation. For now I think we are ok there and we should concentrate on our bigger needs.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Digne interview with Sport:

City and people

"It's a great city, there's lots going on and it's really young. There's sun all year round, it's really pretty, there's so much to see... It's perfect. What's surprised me most is the number of tourists, even more than in Paris or Rome."
"Here they ask for less photos than in Rome, for example."

"People are more reserved than there. Once I met Gerard Pique in a restaurant and it surprised me to see people leaving him alone. It seemed crazy because he's well known here and all over the world."

His debut

"I felt an enormous amount of emotions. The fact that I was completing one of my dreams, with my family by my side, wearing this shirt... The most impressive thing is when you go up on to the pitch from the tunnel."

"When I came here with Roma, there were 100,000 people against me, so it's good to now have them on my side!"

No intention of leaving

"I am very happy here. I've had the chance to play 26 games for the biggest club in the world, which is important considering my age and that it's my first season with Barça. When you're at the best team on the planet, you don't want to leave."

Raketa10

Why the hell would we sell him? He is more than ok for a backup. Last thing we need right now is to lose time finding another LB backup when we already have one. Robert needs to concentrate on RB, CM, RW and CB before he does anything else.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe we'll need money for new shiny toys.
But, yes, Digne has been solid for us and from sporting angle there really is no reason to let him go.

Barcilliant

Would be really stupid to sell but don't underestimate this board.

Digne is a solid back up and Alba is in decline. We need Digne and we have other bigger issues to address. Eg RB, CB and midfield.

Messi983

I would only consider selling him if we get a 20M offer but that won't happen. There is absolutely no sense for loan with buy option or something like that just to get rid off him.

Only possible explanation for selling Digne I could think about is if we are planning to promote Palencia and use him as backup for both FB positions to give him enough playing time. And as much as I like Palencia and would like him to succeed there is no guarantee he'd really do that if given a chance.

FinBarcelonafan

It sucks all these young players are thinking about leaving. Digne, Rafinha etc. Why Real Madrid can keep their yooungsters?

Rafinha andd Digne are great depth players to me. We are not going to find someone much better.

Galning

I would only consider selling him if we get a 20M offer but that won't happen. There is absolutely no sense for loan with buy option or something like that just to get rid off him.

Only possible explanation for selling Digne I could think about is if we are planning to promote Palencia and use him as backup for both FB positions to give him enough playing time. And as much as I like Palencia and would like him to succeed there is no guarantee he'd really do that if given a chance.

Even for 20M you'd be crazy to sell him. In this market 20M is nothing, he is doing a good job. You'd have to spend your 20M on a replacement already + invest time in finding one.

God Serena

It sucks all these young players are thinking about leaving. Digne, Rafinha etc. Why Real Madrid can keep their yooungsters?

Rafinha andd Digne are great depth players to me. We are not going to find someone much better.

As far as I'm aware, Digne has no intention of leaving, and Rafinha provides no depth considering he's got the Alcantara injury genes.

xXKonan

There's rumors we want to find a Abidal like defender. A player who's tall that can play LB and CB as well.

I guess that's why we were pushing hard for Theo.

Richard.H

He is doing a very good job at LB. I don't understand the criticism he receives sometimes. We need him since Alba is very prone to injuries and isn't exactly the LB he was 2-3 years ago.

Home of Barca Fans