Lucas Digne

amircule

dsjp9dlqr1rhdn07le4j.jpg

God Serena

These new signings have me so hyped for next season. This is exactly what our squad needed. Give us a forward and a RB and this'll be the first perfect transfer window I can remember.

Jombi

People should take this into account when they dismiss players we havent been linked with. Sometimes we are working in the shadows, and things can happen fast and out of the blue.

Neeraj

Don't know how good or bad he is, but I wonder - would this be similar to us letting go of Bartra? Not terrible, okay backup for when you want to rest players in the league, and young. We let Bartra go for 8mn, while we pay 20 for Digne... Just a thought.

Devils

You guys are missing the point.

This isn't about letting Bartra or Grimaldo go and spending on Digne, it's about developing Lucho's team and addressing what he wants in a squad.

Our problem last season was this:

-Bartra
-Adriano
-Verm
-Sandro
-Munir
-Douglas
-And the jury is still out on Arda and Vidal

These are players that occupied room in our squad and were of no use at all. Lucho didn't want to play these guys and essentially they became dead weight and were useless. Meanwhile our starters were driven to exhaustion to the point where we nearly collapsed and lost the league.

So what if Digne isn't a world class player? If Lucho actually uses him and he contributes to our team by A) Actually playing (lol) because Lucho wants him in hte squad B) Putting on decent performances against lesser opposition and C) Giving Alba rest, then who gives a fuck about the 20m or selling Bartra and Grimaldo?

navidjaan

Why are people overreacting? A new Douglas? Jesus fucking Christ, are you even listening to yourself?

We desperately needed a LB backup who wasn't Adriano or Mathieu, you won't find a better LB who is willing to sit on the bench to begin with, and he's young and still promising, not to forget the fact that two seasons ago he was one of the, if not the biggest LB talent in Europe, having showed great potential at Lille. Yes, he couldn't knock off Maxwell, but he's more or less still in the form of his life. He went to Roma where he has been really solid, in a league where demands for defenders are huge.

16M (potentially 20 in some years which could turn out to be worth it anyways) is decent, and he will probably get good chances to show himself, due to Alba's injury history and the usual chances in cups/vs bad opponents.

We actually got a good deal we needed, it happened extremely effectively, and there's still money left for Vietto who I don't think will cost more than 20M + Vermaelen and pocket change Douglas, Tello, Song, Adriano.

That would conclude a phenomenal window, in my opinion. Well done by the technical secretary, Robert and Lucho. And no, not the board. It's not their job to pick and buy players, ffs.

Lucho has been signing short term since he came. This window, only long-term, with players who can all play against solid opposition if tested in the spot. You complain when we sign and are rumored with old wood and also complain when we buy promise? Decide..

The RB market it horrible, so why waste the money now when Bellerin is a realistic target next season? Roberto showed he can do the job next season and Vidal needs to show more, but it's easy to forget he's still trying to adapt a new style, let alone a whole new position.

A world class midfielder? Seriously? First of all there's not even a need. Iniesta and Rakitic are class first picks, and Arda, Roberto, Rafinha, Denis are more than capable to cover for them. Secondly, a world class midfielder would block any development for our own youngsters on the team, all of whom have already showed they can perform on this level against any opposition. Arda already blocked some younger minutes last season, and look how he played! He's staying, so how on earth would you fit a world class midfielder on the bench, and where in heaven's name would you get the money? Let's say Digne wasn't signed and we settled with Mathieu as the LB backup. There'd be 36M left in the bank. Which world class midfielder can you sign for that? And on top of that, someone who is willing to sit behind Rakitic whom we all know is loved by Lucho and will stay as a fixed starter. Sometimes, people just talk and talk without putting their considerations in realistic boxes with sensible arguments.

If we get Vietto, this window has been fantastic. Only Marquinhos would've made it perfect imo, but we all know it's impossible, plus Mascherano is staying for now and Umtiti is great.

Next season, when the money is there, Bellerin should be more than happy to return, and then our RB is settled for many, many years to come. And that's only if Vidal + Roberto underperform.

Let's say Iniesta or Rakitic will need a replacement after next season and it's clear that Arda should leave and Rafinha, Roberto or Denis aren't ready to take over, then there's a genuine concern on that position, and a galactico signing like Pogba would be in the cards. Otherwise we'll just continue like this, either way sell Arda imo because Halilovic is coming back and let Denis, Rafinha and Roberto continue to develop in the same roles, not even to forget that Samper would be back too after a hopefully successful loan and that Kaptoum and Aleña have had good years at Barça B, which would mean some first team chances at least.

Just what I think...

TL;DR: Digne isn't a "scam", solid signings who can help now and in the future, no need for more after a backup striker. If needed, a top CM and Bellerin for next summer.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Why are people overreacting? A new Douglas? Jesus fucking Christ, are you even listening to yourself?

We desperately needed a LB backup who wasn't Adriano or Mathieu, you won't find a better LB who is willing to sit on the bench to begin with, and he's young and still promising, not to forget the fact that two seasons ago he was one of the, if not the biggest LB talent in Europe, having showed great potential at Lille. Yes, he couldn't knock off Maxwell, but he's more or less still in the form of his life. He went to Roma where he has been really solid, in a league where demands for defenders are huge.

16M (potentially 20 in some years which could turn out to be worth it anyways) is decent, and he will probably get good chances to show himself, due to Alba's injury history and the usual chances in cups/vs bad opponents.

We actually got a good deal we needed, it happened extremely effectively, and there's still money left for Vietto who I don't think will cost more than 20M + Vermaelen and pocket change Douglas, Tello, Song, Adriano.

That would conclude a phenomenal window, in my opinion. Well done by the technical secretary, Robert and Lucho. And no, not the board. It's not their job to pick and buy players, ffs.

Lucho has been signing short term since he came. This window, only long-term, with players who can all play against solid opposition if tested in the spot. You complain when we sign and are rumored with old wood and also complain when we buy promise? Decide..

The RB market it horrible, so why waste the money now when Bellerin is a realistic target next season? Roberto showed he can do the job next season and Vidal needs to show more, but it's easy to forget he's still trying to adapt a new style, let alone a whole new position.

A world class midfielder? Seriously? First of all there's not even a need. Iniesta and Rakitic are class first picks, and Arda, Roberto, Rafinha, Denis are more than capable to cover for them. Secondly, a world class midfielder would block any development for our own youngsters on the team, all of whom have already showed they can perform on this level against any opposition. Arda already blocked some younger minutes last season, and look how he played! He's staying, so how on earth would you fit a world class midfielder on the bench, and where in heaven's name would you get the money? Let's say Digne wasn't signed and we settled with Mathieu as the LB backup. There'd be 36M left in the bank. Which world class midfielder can you sign for that? And on top of that, someone who is willing to sit behind Rakitic whom we all know is loved by Lucho and will stay as a fixed starter. Sometimes, people just talk and talk without putting their considerations in realistic boxes with sensible arguments.

If we get Vietto, this window has been fantastic. Only Marquinhos would've made it perfect imo, but we all know it's impossible, plus Mascherano is staying for now and Umtiti is great.

Next season, when the money is there, Bellerin should be more than happy to return, and then our RB is settled for many, many years to come. And that's only if Vidal + Roberto underperform.

Let's say Iniesta or Rakitic will need a replacement after next season and it's clear that Arda should leave and Rafinha, Roberto or Denis aren't ready to take over, then there's a genuine concern on that position, and a galactico signing like Pogba would be in the cards. Otherwise we'll just continue like this, either way sell Arda imo because Halilovic is coming back and let Denis, Rafinha and Roberto continue to develop in the same roles, not even to forget that Samper would be back too after a hopefully successful loan and that Kaptoum and Aleña have had good years at Barça B, which would mean some first team chances at least.

Just what I think...

TL;DR: Digne isn't a "scam", solid signings who can help now and in the future, no need for more after a backup striker. If needed, a top CM and Bellerin for next summer.[\B]

Gr8 post.Only one comment as I think the board simply gets credit because they are the ones who hired Robert as new Sporting Director

Neeraj

I didn't mean that we should have kept Bartra; my point was simply a reflection on our competence in contracts and transfers in general.

Stric

Every time there is a discussion about new signings, people seem to completely ignore a few basic points:

1. We are mainly looking for squad players, not starters.
2. To begin with, there are not many players to choose from for the positions we need.
3. The players that might be available are aware that they'll mostly be benchwarmers.

Every forward who's been approached by FCB knows that he'd get very few minutes next to freaking MSN.

Currently the only position in which a new signing could compete for the starting spot is the RB. And MF if it's a spectacular signing.

Digne and Umtiti are absolutely perfect signings for those two positions. Solid young players who are at the right point in their careers to be backups to Pique/Masch/Alba, but can be good backups, and who knows, they might even make a name for themselves in the long run.

It would be irrational to expect top-level signings to warm the bench and watch Pique and Masch play every week.

Last edited:

Butaan4barca

looks really good. could be a great buy

Not entirely a depressing video, i would say.

dribbles 9
ball lost 1
unsuccessful passes
unsuccessful crosses 3
successful cross 4
back passes 8
forward passes 18
key passes 2
chances created
goal scored 3
assists 4
tackle/intercept 22
blocked crosses/shoot 2
clearance 2

key highlight was one two one goal scored and a 25 yard shoot showcasing that he has got that in his lock too.

and most of his tackles lead to a forward pass to a team player.

khaled_a_d

I didn't mean that we should have kept Bartra; my point was simply a reflection on our competence in contracts and transfers in general.

The thing is "our" isn't fixed.Around 18 months ago Zubi was the one in charge,now we have Roberto.Positive or negative there is always change in the club with the change of individuals

Home of Barca Fans