Yerry Mina

xXKonan

He's using the "He lacks European experience" thing when it comes to Yerry but while that's true I can't help feel Valverde is using that as an excuse for not using him to cover up for the fact that he simply probably didn't want him here in the first place.

Which sucks for Yerry as he will likely be shipped off before he even had any real chance whatsoever. you can talk about the "Well he's seen him in training!" but yeah after the last couple of months and the Roma Debacle, I have a very hard time believing anything that Valverde thinks is either right or wrong.

jamrock

It's good that there is alot of hate for Valverde.

I've been following Barca for thirty years but I can't remember such a detestable manager. He is a slimy politician in the mould of Barto and company. Always evasive and making excuses.

To freeze Mina out like this shows he has no long term vision, no values, no plan. He is a sack of shit. I feel for this guy. Why did Robert buy Mina if he was not even going to make the bench?!

Fuck you Valverde.

The second paragraph is the best post I have seen on here in years.

serghei

What's hilarious is Mina and Vermaelen would've been our best bet against Dzeko. Half of our problems vs Roma were generated by Dzeko owning both Pique and Umtiti in physical and aerial duels. But idiot Valverde didn't even care to use Mina's and Vermalen's strenghts.

Vermaelen is currently our best tackler and the only warrior in the team who gives 100% every time he plays. And Mina is strong as hell, and can't be pushed around or embarassed in the air. Would've handled Dzeko so much better with them, if we cared to build some chemistry this season with this pair.

Last edited:

raki

What's hilarious is Mina and Vermaelen would've been our best bet against Dzeko. Half of our problems vs Roma were generated by Dzeko owning both Pique and Umtiti in physical and aerial duels. But idiot Valverde didn't even care to use Mina's and Vermalen's strenghts.

Vermaelen is currently our best tackler and the only warrior in the team who gives 100% every time he plays. And Mina is strong as hell, and can't be pushed around or embarassed in the air. Would've handled Dzeko so much better with them, if we cared to build some chemistry this season with this pair.

You are consumed with hate and therefore a lot of nonsense is writen.

Since when is Vermaelen and Mina better bets against Dzeko than Umtiti or Pique? Are these 2 midgets?

raki

What was the point of buying him? To even out defenders for a practice match ?

Stop the nonsense. If we ave 4 central defenders and the other 3 are clearly better seems logical that the 4th stay on the stands.

The Roma game have triggered a lot of stupid posts.

serghei

You are consumed with hate and therefore a lot of nonsense is writen.

Since when is Vermaelen and Mina better bets against Dzeko than Umtiti or Pique? Are these 2 midgets?

Dzeko dominated both physically, this is pretty much a fact. He won all duels almost with both of them, and all of them almost were physical or aerial. Not at all a wild comment to say that Mina, being very strong and 1.95 tall would pretty much stop Dzeko winning that many duels based on strenght and would also take away Roma's primary tactic (pretty clear) to play long balls on Dzeko whenever pressured in midfield or defense. Also, it is pretty much known that Pique, although tall, is pretty weak as a player. Umtiti was also soft as hell for a month already backing off duels and being overall weak.

Take a step back, think in terms of pros and cons, and you'd see Mina would've been (if played and integrated in this team until this point) a pretty great option to take away Dzeko's threat in the air in a game like this.

But of course, Roma manager knew there's no chance Mina could've played because Valverde basically made this known to the whole world. So he made his tactics on Dzeko dominating our CBs with his strenght, which he did and that's how they won the game 3-0 basically. Dzeko was a one man attack for them a lot of the time.

Why the hell was Mina bought if not to provide us with options against big, strong, aerially great players like Dzeko? Probably to entertain the squad with his dances.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

It's good that there is alot of hate for Valverde.

I've been following Barca for thirty years but I can't remember such a detestable manager. He is a slimy politician in the mould of Barto and company. Always evasive and making excuses.

To freeze Mina out like this shows he has no long term vision, no values, no plan. He is a sack of shit. I feel for this guy. Why did Robert buy Mina if he was not even going to make the bench?!

Fuck you Valverde.

Many criticized some of his decisions throughout the season, but not many hated him before the UCL exit. I think I was one of the few here who didn't want him for another season because the way we play and for not the results. Also, I think Lucho was hated equally if not more the last season.

El Barcelona

Dzeko dominated both physically, this is pretty much a fact. He won all duels almost with both of them, and all of them almost were physical or aerial. Not at all a wild comment to say that Mina, being very strong and 1.95 tall would pretty much stop Dzeko winning that many duels based on strenght and would also take away Roma's primary tactic (pretty clear) to play long balls on Dzeko whenever pressured in midfield or defense. Also, it is pretty much known that Pique, although tall, is pretty weak as a player. Umtiti was also soft as hell for a month already backing off duels and being overall weak.

Take a step back, think in terms of pros and cons, and you'd see Mina would've been (if played and integrated in this team until this point) a pretty great option to take away Dzeko's threat in the air in a game like this.

But of course, Roma manager knew there's no chance Mina could've played because Valverde basically made this known to the whole world. So he made his tactics on Dzeko dominating our CBs with his strenght, which he did and that's how they won the game 3-0 basically. Dzeko was a one man attack for them a lot of the time.

Why the hell was Mina bought if not to provide us with options against big, strong, aerially great players like Dzeko? Probably to entertain the squad with his dances.
Good post. How can a player integrate in the team when he never play a game. Ridiculous. Hope we can secure la Liga fast and that he can play some gays but I'm doubtful if EV gonna let him start.

M

MessiCam

Valverde in the press conference today...

Yerry Mina?

Valverde: "I have nothing to say."

Valverde: "All I will say is that he came at a bad time. We have 4 defenders and I trust all of them. Maybe he might get some minutes against Celta. He's a good defender, but Vermaelen is also very good."

Meanwhile Pique has been playing injured... This manager is a pussy of epic proportions. Like throwing sausage down a passage proportions.

Fuck him!

xXKonan

lol I still think he's miffed that we didn't get him Inigo Martinez during the summer.

And he's coming off as someone who would rather overplay the likes of Pique than play someone like Yerry as he's not the CB he wanted in the first place.

Home of Barca Fans