Yerry Mina

xXKonan

yerry-mina-novo-contratado-do-palmeiras-visita-o-allianz-parque-1462985174240_615x300.jpg

Full name:Yerry Fernando Mina González

Date of birth:September 23,1994 (age 21)

Place of birth: Guachené, Colombia

Height:1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)

Playing position:Center Back

Current Club:FC Barcelona​

According to sport we secured a first option deal for Yerry Mina.

Barça agree a preferential option for centre-back Yerri Mina

-Palmeiras' Colombian defender would cost Catalan club nine million euros

The future of Colombian central defender Yerri Mina is linked to Barça.

Brazilian club Palmeiras have reached an agreement with Barcelona over the future sale of one of the most promising defenders in South American football, for a price set at nine million euros.

Yerri Mina is 21-years-old, technically gifted and quick, with an intimidation factor at his height of 6'3" which helps him on set-pieces at both the defensive and attacking ends of the pitch.

Colombia's national coach Jose Pekerman took him as part of his squad to the Centenary Copa America this summer, where he played in two matches, and he will also form part of the country's Olympic squad in Rio.

The player's progression at Independiente Santa Fe, where he played between 2014 and May 2016, garnered the attention of the Barça technical secretary department.

As a lynchpin of their defence, he was one of the keys in the team's historic triumph in the 2015 Copa Sudamericana, and this year he scored three goals in the Copa Libertadores.

Despite having only completed a week of training with his new team, the young centre-back made his Palmeiras debut on Monday, in the 3-1 victory away to Sport Recife. In his first game in Brazil, he impressed fans with his personality and forcefulness.

The team's coach Cuca, and president Paulo Nobre, had already warned on the day of the player's presentation that Palmeiras is a stepping stone for the player to make the leap to European football, with Wolfsburg and Bayer Leverkusen also showing interest in the Colombian.

Cuca said: "Mina has everything to become a world-class centre-back, without doubt he will pass through Palmeiras very quickly."

The fact that Barça have obtained this preferential right for the player has no relevance in their attempts to sign Gabriel Jesus from the same Brazilian club. However it does prove the good relations that exist between the two sides involved.

Initially, Barcelona wanted to bring Yerri Mina to its B team, but in the end it was agreed with Palmeiras that he should continue his process of growth in the Brasileirao, a league which is much tougher than the Colombian top flight.

Finding a central defender for the future has become one of the priorities for the Catalan club's network in South America. In May, Barça had a deal in place to sign 20-year-old Davinson Sanchez, another Colombian, for 3.7 million euros.

However, the idea to use him in the Barça B side led to the player opting to join Ajax instead, for a fee of 5 million euros.

http://www.sport-english.com/en/not...ial-option-for-centre-back-yerri-mina-5251747

Another young CB we have been following.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Again first option means we have the right to match the highest offer from another club, correct?

That doesn't mean much in my opinion.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not many strong, powerful and technical defenders at the same time as Boateng. Would be interesting to see how this guy evolves.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If I understand it correctly,it look more like a buy option at 9M

So we can buy him for 9m in a set period of time like say 6 months, a year etc. regardless of whether other teams have a higher bid than that, and after that period the option expires, something like that?

xXKonan

Davison,Lemos,Marlon and now Mina.

digging the amount of Young CB prospects we have been linked with this window.

YayaCrazy

He has just scored an amazing header and then left the field injured and crying.
Six to eight weeks out. He'll miss the Olympics. It's a muscular injury in his thigh.

Last edited:

xXKonan

[tw]787784436096065537[/tw]

Using a crappy translation.

RODRIGUEZ SIQUE 17/10/2016 - 00:18 CET

FC Barcelona has virtually assured a new addition for the next season. It is Yerry Mina , Colombian defender Palmeiras. His representative has acknowledged on Radio Caracol that have a pre - agreement with the club .

Barca team can close the transaction in two different ways, because it has two call options on the table. The first is an option of 9 million euros to buy the next season. The second is 10 million euros, if you decide to buy it in 2018.

The problem that the club can find is that the first option is closed but for from August , with another club if you arrive before August, it could lead. So Barca did not care too it became public this agreement.

All of this summer. Barca was set at Yerry Mina and his partner Davinson Sanchez, the two central Colombian national team U21.

Barca tried to sign Sanchez Davinson for the subsidiary but ultimately Colombian escaped and went to Ajax . Relations with the representative ended badly. Yerry Mina left the club Palmeiras but this option we are explaining ensured.

And regardless, he joined Marlon Santos , Brazilian center who is playing in the subsidiary. Marlon is on loan from Fluminense but technicians will first see projection equipment. In fact, the club is practically forced to buy Marlon 6 million if the Brazilian played five official matches with the first team.

Barca responsible footballing believe there is a core deficit in grassroots football and why have these operations. On the one hand, Marlon incorporate Barca B with clause purchase six million euros if you play five games with the first team. On the other hand, close a purchase option for Yerry Mina. The agreement with the player is not signed but it would be for five seasons. The option with the Pameiras itself is signed and is 9 million for next season and 10 million euros for the next.

Last edited:

Messi983

So we have a 9M buy option in 2017 and 10M in 2018. But if I understand the second part correctly we can only use our option from August 2017 so if another club wants him before that and Palmeiras decides to sell we can't do anything. I really don't know why we are negotiating clauses this way (of course if article is correct about that).

Anyway, he's an interesting player for sure but I doubt he's ready for our first team. We'll see how he'll develop over next months though. Maybe we can execute buy option and loan him out for a season to La Liga side. I think Mathieu will leave next year and Masche will stay until 2018 (I don't see him leaving in a year before World Cup). So promote Marlon (would also like to see Tarin but probably won't happen under Lucho) next year as 4th CB and see what he's got and at the same time let Mina get La Liga experience in another team. But this could be difficult as he'll be 23 and is lately also starting to play for Colombia NT so maybe he won't accept a loan and we'll have to promise him our first team if we buy him (or he'll look for other options like Davinson Sanchez had). In that case if we are really convinced that Mina is good enough to be our 4th CB we can loan Marlon (I don't think there is a doubt we should buy him from what he's shown so far). Of course we can also keep 5 CBs but I doubt this will happen, because there wouldn't be enough guaranteed playing time for them.

One possible problem is that Marlon and Mina are both right footed and Lucho will probably like to have another left footed CB besides Umtiti. They are hard to find though so hopefully he won't stick to that and we'll buy another Vermaelen instead of a better right footed CB.

[youtube]_u1No6xutV4[/youtube]

khaled_a_d

So we have a 9M buy option in 2017 and 10M in 2018. But if I understand the second part correctly we can only use our option from August 2017 so if another club wants him before that and Palmeiras decides to sell we can't do anything. I really don't know why we are negotiating clauses this way (of course if article is correct about that).

Anyway, he's an interesting player for sure but I doubt he's ready for our first team. We'll see how he'll develop over next months though. Maybe we can execute buy option and loan him out for a season to La Liga side. I think Mathieu will leave next year and Masche will stay until 2018 (I don't see him leaving in a year before World Cup). So promote Marlon (would also like to see Tarin but probably won't happen under Lucho) next year as 4th CB and see what he's got and at the same time let Mina get La Liga experience in another team. But this could be difficult as he'll be 23 and is lately also starting to play for Colombia NT so maybe he won't accept a loan and we'll have to promise him our first team if we buy him (or he'll look for other options like Davinson Sanchez had). In that case if we are really convinced that Mina is good enough to be our 4th CB we can loan Marlon (I don't think there is a doubt we should buy him from what he's shown so far). Of course we can also keep 5 CBs but I doubt this will happen, because there wouldn't be enough guaranteed playing time for them.

One possible problem is that Marlon and Mina are both right footed and Lucho will probably like to have another left footed CB besides Umtiti. They are hard to find though so hopefully he won't stick to that and we'll buy another Vermaelen instead of a better right footed CB.

[youtube]_u1No6xutV4[/youtube]

1-I still have doubts about the theory that Lucho prefer left footed CBs,he has played 2 right footed CBs for long time and both Vermaelen & Mathieu are known to be Zubi choices.He wanted the likes of Marquinhos & Benatia who are right footed. there were even rumors he wanted Mustafi last year and Robert prefered more affordable Umtiti.
Let's not forget that usually right footed CBs are more versatile,you can have 2 right footed CBs together all the time but that is rarely the case with two left footed CBs
2-I am not sure about Mascherano,he wanted to leave already for a new experiment prior to returning to Argentina and would be difficult to get that when he is 34
The world cup point is valid,but then again if he sees he will lose his starting spot to Umtiti (which many expects) you would think he might go somewhere that he will starts.Many players ask for transfers due to such a reason.
3-We can keep 5 CBs easlily and we have done that past 2 seasons and it might look good idea to groom both for bigger role but the problem is more about Non European player
We are allowed to have just 3 IIRC so it won't be wise to make 2 of those for 4th&5th CB option.specially if Neymar & Suarez wasn't able to get their Spanish passport by next season. Will narrow our options in the market
4-For some reason I feel we might go for another more established CB and get either Marlon/Yerry or buy both and loan one.

xXKonan

According to Miguel Rico we won't buy Mina until Robert himself watches him play and as of now theirs no plans of Robert traveling to watch him at the moment.

Home of Barca Fans