Yerry Mina

PhilS

1. Pique
2. Umtiti
3. Lenglet
4. Vermaelen

Mina is going to be 5th choice, if he stays. No need to keep him whatsoever now.

Pique and Umtitti will remain the starters. For most of last season, they were really good, though the defense did fade towards the end. However the CB rotation shakes out, I hope Pique and Umtitti play fewer minutes than last year, so that maybe they can finish the season stronger.

Time to cash in on Mina, give him a chance at a club that suits him better.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If we loan him it has to be a team with a relatively high line and plays offensively.

We already know Mina is world class in the air and holding his own in a fortified defensive setup where is main role is just cleaning up crosses and deliveries in the box. It's his 1 on 1 defense that has been underwhelming and we need him to either develop it a lot or show that it can't be salvaged and move on from him. I think he can improve there, and deserves to be in a situation to show it.

El Flaco

Mina on his time at Barcelona so far:

"When I saw that I wasn't even on the bench, that I wasn't even being considered, I started to train alone at home. It is tough to watch your teammates and see the matches on TV, it was a difficult moment that I don't wish on any player," Mina said in Bogota during a news conference on Thursday.

"There were very difficult moments that were very sad for me because I was really not doing well. There were moments when I thought everything was going to turn out as I had imagined, but it wasn't like that. I felt moments everything came crashing down upon me, I felt that nothing was going right, I couldn't even pass the ball right, or train, I just felt like nothing went right."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/barc...-mina-describes-very-sad-moments-at-barcelona

Joan

6 months with the club and goes out and moan. What did he expect?

I'm scared of possible interview lo stile Gomes.

EdmondDantes

According to Mundo Deportivo, Mina is waiting to have a chat with Valverde to decide his future. Presumably by chat he means either a loan or a sale given we have 4 other CBs already. Staying now doesn't make any sense for him if the manager doesn't think he's ready.

Going on loan, and playing well would increase his chances to come back here and fight for a spot. But if the manager sees otherwise, he'd be better off moving on altogether on a permanent basis. His stock has risen after the World Cup; perhaps he could find a manager who would value him as a starter.

George_Costanza

6 months with the club and goes out and moan. What did he expect?

I'm scared of possible interview lo stile Gomes.

what did he expect?! I'm not sure if bad treatment is the norm where you come from. Definitely not the way I deal with interns and analysts at our firm or else no one will stay or come. Those are young lads we are talking about not 40+ men

ronniecro

i will never understand what's the point of transfers like his?creating all the hype,going through all the presentation and stuff just to be left on ice and forced out of the club,presumably on useless loans,in couple months time...of course,if we're not thinking about shady business with these kind of transfers

Joan

i will never understand what's the point of transfers like his?creating all the hype,going through all the presentation and stuff just to be left on ice and forced out of the club,presumably on useless loans,in couple months time...of course,if we're not thinking about shady business with these kind of transfers
What's the point of buying young, unproven players for cheap? Who knows?

God Serena

what did he expect?! I'm not sure if bad treatment is the norm where you come from. Definitely not the way I deal with interns and analysts at our firm or else no one will stay or come. Those are young lads we are talking about not 40+ men

He didn't get "Bad treatment", though. He was signed to boost the club's defense, showed he isn't capable of doing said task, and is now likely to leave. Pretty open and shut.

FC433

Lyon is interested in him. I hope we sell him to them, we should keep a good relationship with them.

They are also evaluating Marlon, but prefer Mina.

Windhook

Selling/loaning a first-team player just 6 months after signing him would be an act of stupidity, especially after Yerry's outstanding set-pieces goal ratio in the World Cup. Marca and other tabloids would love to see Mina away from FC Barcelona, for sure.

Home of Barca Fans