Yerry Mina

El Flaco

[tw]951855965887967232[/tw]

- Cuca (coach Palmeiras): "Define Mina as a footballer? He's a boy of 23 who despite his age, has a lot of experience. He has a good technique and a lovely tempo. He's also very good in the air and guarantees several goals every season. FC Barcelona have made a great signing." [md]

- Cuca: "Mina is never satisfied with a defeat and when he is losing in a game he gives his all to get a draw or a victory until the last minute. Hence he has achieved many important goals in the last minutes."

- Cuca: "Beyond his footballing qualities, Mina will provide a very positive atmosphere in the dressing room. With his dances and his character, he's a player who takes the pressure off the team."

- Cuca: "Mina will adjust very fast because he's a very humble, professional guy."

- Cuca: "How is Mina off the field? He is a very quiet, very humble person and I'm sure he will not cause any problem."

- Cuca: "Mina called me when it became official, he thanked me for what I did for him as a coach."

- Cuca: "I congratulated him and told him to keep doing what he has done so far in Palmeiras and in the Colombian selection. If he does, everything will go well."

xXKonan

It seems like some Colombian fans rate him higher than Davinson Sanchez, Despite Sanchez getting a head start in Europe. They seem to rate him higher in terms of ability. But we will have to wait and see if he can replicate here in Barca.

aaron101

Apparently he’s the tallest player in Barca history

No, him and Ibra have the same height at 6 ft. 5 in.

By the way, how come he was not presented to the fans at Camp Nou? I must have missed something because I never saw a video of him juggling a ball at the stadium in a Barca kit.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No, him and Ibra have the same height at 6 ft. 5 in.

By the way, how come he was not presented to the fans at Camp Nou? I must have missed something because I never saw a video of him juggling a ball at the stadium in a Barca kit.

Presented tomorrow/today depending on where you are.

Saturday.

Joan

Cuca: "Beyond his footballing qualities, Mina will provide a very positive atmosphere in the dressing room. With his dances.."

:lol:

Messi983

Well, he's right. :lol:

But also without his dances it seems he's a very positive person who should fit well and quickly into the team.

Messi983

DTauYn-WkAAo930.jpg

BarçaBarça

Heard a podcast (by 2 guys who actually watch Serie A, one of them a Palmeiras-fan), which mentioned some of his weaknesses. I guess it is interesting, because all of his very many qualities has been pointed out a lot lately, but few puts light on potential weak spots:

- Can sometimes get caught upfield, loosing the ball because of his solo-drives forward, when no clear passing-opportunity is available
- Lack of speed to catch opponents when starting behind them, e.g. in situations as described above
- Fine passing, but not world-class, and will often be more comfortable dribbling forward rather than doing the tricky pass to a team-mate

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Seems like there’s almost as many people present at his presentation as Coutinho’s. A lot of Colombians.

Home of Barca Fans