Yerry Mina

khaled_a_d

On another note, we need at least one of him or Marlon to be ready to be at least good enough 4th CB (if not 3rd option CB) as it is more likely that Mascherano and Vermaelen won't be here after next year. We can't afford to spend big on 2 CBs

God Serena

On another note, we need at least one of him or Marlon to be ready to be at least good enough 4th CB (if not 3rd option CB) as it is more likely that Mascherano and Vermaelen won't be here after next year. We can't afford to spend big on 2 CBs

The B team has Tarin, Cuenca, and Bueno on it so one of them could prove good enough for 4th CB if one of those two is good enough for 3rd.

Granted we basically never get to see any of those three play CB because our manager prefers to use our worst possible defense in most games so maybe they don't even have a chance, lol.

khaled_a_d

The B team has Tarin, Cuenca, and Bueno on it so one of them could prove good enough for 4th CB if one of those two is good enough for 3rd.

Granted we basically never get to see any of those three play CB because our manager prefers to use our worst possible defense in most games so maybe they don't even have a chance, lol.

Funny that I was actually logging it to talk about Bueno and Cuenca situation :lol:
This is the best case scenario (or both Marlon and Mina proves to be enough for CB position while the others get loaned to Liga teams) but I am talking about a more realistic possibility. Spending 9M or non on a new CB and 30M should be worst case scenario.

5ergio_Busquets

As people here mentioned, we got the buying option just after he signed for them. That is the reason for low price

How many defenders have you heard about in Brazilian league, attacking talent are the ones that get hyped

1-Barto and board still got many players right. That isn't a valid reason really
2-He is followed by many other clubs, Chelsea was one of them. But we have the option to buy him which means if they came with an offer we can just trigger our buying option
3-Again , deal was made early

I didn't know about the buying option, now it makes much more sense. :thumbsup:

Raketa10

Until I see him here I won't be sure this transfer is concluded. Also has anyone seen him play? Is he technically good? Barca CB has to know how to play with the ball and not only how to defend. I also hope he is fast enough considering he is 195 cm tall!

Because of the way we play our CB can be exposed to one on one situation more often than in any other top club so he needs to be fast enough, I would say this is much more important for us than his height.

Last edited:
We wont be able to hold on to both him and Marlon long term. With Umtiti only being 23, they'll have to compete to be the Pique replacement. The loser will want to leave. It's a very nice "problem" to have though, our CB situation is probably better than any other area of the team.

frog-fcb

We wont be able to hold on to both him and Marlon long term. With Umtiti only being 23, they'll have to compete to be the Pique replacement. The loser will want to leave. It's a very nice "problem" to have though, our CB situation is probably better than any other area of the team.

Never thought I'd hear that a few seasons ago

He is almost 23, so he isn't really a raw young talent from South America anymore and I didn't really hear much about him other than him being linked to Barca.
Also the price reminds me of Douglas, I don't think you can get "the best young defender to come out of South America for a while" for just 9m.

Yet, he's raw. That's why he hasn't been linked to many european clubs. The thing is that he's really technical and AMAZINGLY athletic. I've posted here before but it seems he wasn't a back until late in his development years. He got all the potential in the world, but it seems his coachability isn't very high. He's too gifted for his own good. Now, paying for Barça may get him to be humble and learn positioning and other CB stuff.

It has nothing to do with Douglas. Douglas was mocked by his own fans, people thought it was a prank when he was first announced to play for Barça. Nothing can be compared to that. That was clearly a robbery.

xXKonan

[tw]915964889537155072[/tw]

According to Alfredo Martinez, we want to incorporate Yerry Mina in January but first we have to let someone go.

I'm guessing this means the end of Verm.

Home of Barca Fans