Yerry Mina

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Only cought last half an hour and seen him made one nice intervention. France created nothing dangerous.

serghei

He should play more for us. He can't be good enough to start for Columbia in a win on Stade de France, and not be good enough to play vs the likes of Deportivo or Malaga. It just doesn't make sense. Valverde should start resting Pique and Umtiti, since they've played a lot of games in the recent period.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He obviously is good enough to play against most opponents but it's not easy as that when it comes to Barcelona. Very different style and set of skills is required.

serghei

He obviously is good enough to play against most opponents but it's not easy as that when it comes to Barcelona. Very different style and set of skills is required.

Well, that's exactly why we should play him in these games. So that he is getting more familiar with the style of the team. His quality would make sure he doesn't make too many mistakes, and his aerial threat could even get us some goals on set pieces, considering Coutinho, Rakitic and Messi can put in perfect crosses at times.

Even for a conservative manager like Valverde, borderline obsessed with playing it safe, there's not much risk playing a player like Mina vs a team like Malaga, who can't even get into the opponent's half too often.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Well, that's exactly why we should play him in these games. So that he is getting more familiar with the style of the team. His quality would make sure he doesn't make too many mistakes, and his aerial threat could even get us some goals on set pieces, considering Coutinho, Rakitic and Messi can put in perfect crosses at times.

Even for a conservative manager like Valverde, borderline obsessed with playing it safe, there's not much risk playing a player like Mina vs a team like Malaga, who can't even get into the opponent's half too often.

Dembele is better crosser than all those 3. I agree that Yerry should be utilized more often.

Anyway, I never understood why Rakitić has the role of corner taker, since his crosses are nothing special and he is more of a threat in the air than most of our players (minus Suarez, Busi, Paulinho and the CBs). He even scored a corner (yes, it was shambolic defending, but anyway...).

serghei

Dembele is better crosser than all those 3. I agree that Yerry should be utilized more often.

Anyway, I never understood why Rakitić has the role of corner taker, since his crosses are nothing special and he is more of a threat in the air than most of our players (minus Suarez, Busi, Paulinho and the CBs). He even scored a corner (yes, it was shambolic defending, but anyway...).

I think Rakitic crosses are among the best in the team. But yea, add Dembele to the list as well.

Raki13

If we don't see him soon he's got no chance at the club ,if we don't think he can do better than the two bombscares at the back.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I feel bad for him. Pretty soon young CBs will find out that we don't really have any appetite to play them should they even sign with our club.

God Serena

Valverde has a massive problem with integrating youth. Or so it seems right now. His refusal to use B team players is alarming, to put it lightly.

But Mina does not fall into that category. Once a player is in Valverde's first team, they play. Period. Let's look at the exceptions:

Arda- Sucked
Denis- Sucks
Vidal- Sucks- although he had a run of games at some point
Gomes- Semi benched. Kind of makes no sense how a player is semi perma-bench but here we are. Also sucks.
Deulofeu- Sucked

The only player in Valverde's first team who sucks constantly but still has a significant role in the team is Paulinho. No, Semedo is not benched, he's rightfully given the role of backup to Roberto.

Now, look at Mina. Rumors of Valverde not being impressed by him when he first signed and everyone laughed it off as Sport and their BS. Then Mina doesn't play for 1 week. 2 weeks. 3 weeks. Finally, when it's between Mina or a B team player (We all know Valverde will never resort to using B team), he plays. And does he do a good job? Critically analyzed, he did not do a good job in the back. Everyone writes me off as a hater for pointing out Mina's glaring flaws. And then... he never plays again. 1 week becomes 2 weeks, which becomes 2 months. Even when our CB position is in crisis due to potential injury, we still see no Mina.

Maybe, and this is a BIG maybe (Okay, not so big, lol), but perhaps Mina just... sucks?

Raki13

Valverde has a massive problem with integrating youth. Or so it seems right now. His refusal to use B team players is alarming, to put it lightly.

But Mina does not fall into that category. Once a player is in Valverde's first team, they play. Period. Let's look at the exceptions:

Arda- Sucked
Denis- Sucks
Vidal- Sucks- although he had a run of games at some point
Gomes- Semi benched. Kind of makes no sense how a player is semi perma-bench but here we are. Also sucks.
Deulofeu- Sucked

The only player in Valverde's first team who sucks constantly but still has a significant role in the team is Paulinho. No, Semedo is not benched, he's rightfully given the role of backup to Roberto.

Now, look at Mina. Rumors of Valverde not being impressed by him when he first signed and everyone laughed it off as Sport and their BS. Then Mina doesn't play for 1 week. 2 weeks. 3 weeks. Finally, when it's between Mina or a B team player (We all know Valverde will never resort to using B team), he plays. And does he do a good job? Critically analyzed, he did not do a good job in the back. Everyone writes me off as a hater for pointing out Mina's glaring flaws. And then... he never plays again. 1 week becomes 2 weeks, which becomes 2 months. Even when our CB position is in crisis due to potential injury, we still see no Mina.

Maybe, and this is a BIG maybe (Okay, not so big, lol), but perhaps Mina just... sucks?

So why sign him then , if he was doing his job correctly he would have watched the guy many times and must have seen how bad he is. The manager is a clown and if he never had Messi in his side he would be out of a job immediately.

FinBarcelonafan

So why sign him then , if he was doing his job correctly he would have watched the guy many times and must have seen how bad he is. The manager is a clown and if he never had Messi in his side he would be out of a job immediately.

We can sell Mina for 20 million € in current market. It would have been stupid not to buy him for 12 mil€and sell him for 20 mil€.

ronniecro

i really don't understand why we bought him,i can see him leaving on loan in the summer from which he'll probably won't return back because we will sign new defender,pathetic business

Home of Barca Fans