Yerry Mina

xXKonan

is he coming for the first team?
When he joins? yeah without a doubt. His level is way to high for the B team as he's already a Colombian international and he's won the League last season(Brazilian Serie A) with Palmeiras.

The way I see it is he's likely Mascherano's eventual replacement, like how Marlon is going to be Mathieu's.

gasgas

When he joins? yeah without a doubt. His level is way to high for the B team as he's already a Colombian international and he's won the League last season(Brazilian Serie A) with Palmeiras.

The way I see it is he's likely Mascherano's eventual replacement, like how Marlon is going to be Mathieu's.

He looks very tall

And he likes to dance :lol:

like Cuadrado apparently

He can teach Neymar a few moves :lol:

God Serena

If he joins this season we can send Masche packing. He's already lost his spot as a starter and will likely lose his spot as 3rd CB very quickly with the way Marlon has played.

gasgas

If he joins this season we can send Masche packing. He's already lost his spot as a starter and will likely lose his spot as 3rd CB very quickly with the way Marlon has played.

He's also on high wages

I know he is a leader, but it's hard to lead as a 4th choice CB

Devils

Dude's a beast.

Pique, Umtiti, Mina and Marlon in 2018. If Mina and Marlon live up to their potential, our CB situation would be unreal.

Robert is obviously doing an excellent job when it comes to CBs, if only he could do it for the rest of the positions. :shakeshead:

Last edited:

xXKonan

The CB position was an area we struggled with to reinforce properly for a good number of years. But it seems the sporting department learned from our failures in that regard and improved on what we need and what to avoid at least.

Now we just need to use that on fixing our Midfield problems and the RB spot as well.

El Barcelona

The CB position was an area we struggled with to reinforce properly for a good number of years. But it seems the sporting department learned from our failures in that regard and improved on what we need and what to avoid at least.

Now we just need to use that on fixing our Midfield problems and the RB spot as well.
Exactly, if they reach there potential we have a very good central defense to build a team around. He's got his flaws but after all, Robert gives us a few good transfers.

Raketa10

I don't like this dancing clown shit. We have enough of that with Neymar.

Honestly I am not sure about him. He looks so slow and out of ballance in defense from what I have seen. I also don't care one bit about his scoring capabilities. We need strong defender not some attacking genius. For me it's Sanchez over him any day...

Last edited:

xXKonan

Sanchez would probably cost over 40 million now. Which is understandable since he joined Ajax and had a really good season for them and they have no intention of selling.

9 Million euros for one of the best CB's in Brazil, is an absolute bargain and definitely worth a punt.

Messi983

I think you are too quick giving up on Masche. Marlon has played a few good games for first team but he's still not proven against top competitions. I wouldn't be comfortable having inexperienced at top level (Marlon) and not adapted to our system (Mina) backups if whatever happens to Pique or Umtiti. It's just too much of a risk to change half of CB line in one summer and I'd prefer both Marlon and Mina adapting to our first team with less pressure. If one or both of them could do "a Umtiti" then great but nobody should expect and demand they will adapt and start to play regularly on high level as quickly as Umtiti did. That's why I'd keep Masche for another season and if in the end we sign Mina already this summer then either him or Marlon should go on loan for a season.

Another thing: I know I'm repeating myself but we can't have both Marlon and Mina next season because we currently only have one free non-EU spot. Neymar could get his spanish passport soon but this is Spain and it's summer so it could also take time. Until he officially gets a passport it wouldn't be smart to plan selling Masche as in the end we possibly couldn't register one of Marlon or Mina. I really wouldn't like us to get into a situation where we'd have to panic buy in last days of August or possibly keep Vermaelen (and hope he'd stay healthy for more than 2 games :lol: ) if that scenario happens.

Also, not to mention that we might also go after Coutinho (if we won't get Verratti or Dembele) later in summer and we'd also need non EU spot for him.

Icarium

Lifestealer
We should not sell Masche this year, sign this guy in winter. Slowly integrate him into the squad, Marlon and this guys could use the guidance of someone like Masche. Mathieu should leave thought at any cost.

Home of Barca Fans