Yerry Mina

Calidad

I didn't expect for him to be here very long when he didn't play for the first several weeks until literally everyone else was injured. He's just nowhere near Barca level and seems to have a long way to go to reach that.

How do you know he’s nowhere near Barca level? You’ve judged that from his one appearance, or you’ve followed his career closely?

He’s rated ahead of Davinson Sanchez for the Colombia NT, and he’s doing well enough at Spurs.

Last edited:

God Serena

How do you know he’s nowhere near Barca level? You’ve judged that from his one appearance, or you’ve followed his career closely?

He’s rated ahead of Davinson Sanchez for the Colombia NT, and he’s doing well enough at Spurs.

He has roughly 90 minutes of European experience. How he's rated doesn't overrule what I've seen of him at Barca. From his one appearance his flaws are clearly so deep that he's set to be 4th choice for a very long time.

BigBarcaBoy

He has roughly 90 minutes of European experience. How he's rated doesn't overrule what I've seen of him at Barca. From his one appearance his flaws are clearly so deep that he's set to be 4th choice for a very long time.

Must have watched a different match

God Serena

Must have watched a different match

What match did you watch? Aside from bullying people in the air he didn't show anything we don't already see all the time from Pique, Umtiti, and Vermalen. And his no look pass would have costed us the game, and our win streak, if it weren't for Busquets of all people making the recovery run. And that's not even mentioning how he constantly left Digne stranded as he made constant runs forward, especially in the first half.

If you see him overtaking any of our first 3 CBs any time soon you're just solidly biased and are just buying into his hype.

Calidad

What match did you watch? Aside from bullying people in the air he didn't show anything we don't already see all the time from Pique, Umtiti, and Vermalen. And his no look pass would have costed us the game, and our win streak, if it weren't for Busquets of all people making the recovery run. And that's not even mentioning how he constantly left Digne stranded as he made constant runs forward, especially in the first half.

If you see him overtaking any of our first 3 CBs any time soon you're just solidly biased and are just buying into his hype.

So you expect him to be the finished product? You can’t judge anyone in half a season, let alone 90 minutes of football. He wasn’t spectacular, he wasn’t poor. It was an ok performance on his European debut.

He is the 4th choice CB, but that doesn’t mean he should be banished from the squad. He should be given opportunities (i.e. against Malaga) and be allowed to develop. Pique and Vermalen won’t be around forever, and the latter is made of glass anyway.

Raketa10

Did you trully expect that he would be better than Pique, Umtiti or Vermaelen (when healthy)? We bought him because of his potential and low price for today’s market. It’s hard to say will he be a flop or not after 90 minutes. That’s yet to be seen.

Also it’s totally unfair to judge him based on that one mistake. Appart from that no look pas he had a decent game. He was for sure no worse than Mathieu in majority of games he played.

Loan is best option for him, no way he will jump in barca squad just like that

And than we would have to buy another CB to be our 4th solution. Why would we spend money for that again? If Coutinho gets EU passport I have no problem with him beeing our 4th choice CB.

Last edited:

God Serena

So you expect him to be the finished product? You can’t judge anyone in half a season, let alone 90 minutes of football. He wasn’t spectacular, he wasn’t poor. It was an ok performance on his European debut.

He should be a lot closer to the finished product than he is now, that's for sure. As I said, he almost costed us the game. Defensively he often left Digne out to dry. Lucky for us Digne played out of his mind that night and was able to carry him.

He is the 4th choice CB, but that doesn’t mean he should be banished from the squad. He should be given opportunities (i.e. against Malaga) and be allowed to develop. Pique and Vermalen won’t be around forever, and the latter is made of glass anyway.

By the time Pique and Vermaelen are no longer available Mina will be 26/27 years old. 25 if you want to be extremely optimistic. At that point his potential will just be a "Could have been" and everyone will blame Valverde/Next Manager for not giving him enough playing time despite him never being better than the three players in front of him competing for two spots, and the club will ultimately look for someone else who can fit in immediately as a partner for Umtiti without needing to develop. At 23 years old Mina is hardly even young. If we really want to develop players based on their potential, we already have plenty of flops just waiting to happen coming through La Masia, except not only are those inexpensive (Free, actually), but they don't use up a very valuable non-EU spot on the team.

Did you trully expect that he would be better than Pique, Umtiti or Vermaelen (when healthy)? We bought him because of his potential and low price for today’s market. It’s hard to say will he be a flop or not after 90 minutes. That’s yet to be seen.

Also it’s totally unfair to judge him based on that one mistake. Appart from that no look pas he had a decent game. He was for sure no worse than Mathieu in majority of games he played.

If we were looking for a player based on potential we should have gone for Davinson Sanchez, who is younger, has actual European experience, and came from a club that taught him how to properly play his position. Aside from his mistake that could have jeopardized our liga campaign, he was also constantly out of position, and I mean *far* out of position. He made a couple of good tackles but it's clear he isn't ready for La Liga competition, and has a long way to go.

I can say I expect him to flop based on the fact that his debut was close to being a total nightmare (That mistake would be what defines him now if it weren't for Busquets) and the fact that Valverde doesn't count on him or even seem to acknowledge that he's part of the squad. He was poor in his debut, he's likely poor in training, the coach doesn't trust him, he's 4th choice in a position that only needs two players, he's wasting a non-EU spot, and it seems unlikely he has much future here.

Messi983

People going crazy over Mina's playing time. He's our 4th CB, how much did Vermaelen play in first half of the season when Pique, Umtiti and Masche were all healthy? And he's experienced and proven CB in Europe. That's the position Mina is currently in besides the fact he's still adapting to European football. He has to work hard in trainings to eventually improve his status but until then he'll rarely see the field. Also, CB is not a position where most coaches rotate a lot unless they have to.

Raketa10

If we were looking for a player based on potential we should have gone for Davinson Sanchez, who is younger, has actual European experience, and came from a club that taught him how to properly play his position. Aside from his mistake that could have jeopardized our liga campaign, he was also constantly out of position, and I mean *far* out of position. He made a couple of good tackles but it's clear he isn't ready for La Liga competition, and has a long way to go.

I can say I expect him to flop based on the fact that his debut was close to being a total nightmare (That mistake would be what defines him now if it weren't for Busquets) and the fact that Valverde doesn't count on him or even seem to acknowledge that he's part of the squad. He was poor in his debut, he's likely poor in training, the coach doesn't trust him, he's 4th choice in a position that only needs two players, he's wasting a non-EU spot, and it seems unlikely he has much future here.

I agree that Sanchez has a bigger potential but he didn't want to come here to be only 3rd or 4th choice. It's simple as that. While we have Pique and Umtiti here it will be hard to go for a third high quality CB. I hope that we'll go for De Light in summer but if Vermaelen stays for another year that there is no reason going after him before summer 2019.

God Serena

I agree that Sanchez has a bigger potential but he didn't want to come here to be only 3rd or 4th choice. It's simple as that. While we have Pique and Umtiti here it will be hard to go for a third high quality CB. I hope that we'll go for De Light in summer but if Vermaelen stays for another year that there is no reason going after him before summer 2019.

I think going for a huge signing with potential this early on was a waste of time and money, as they were obviously going to be 3rd/4th choice for years to come no matter what happened. For a little while I actually thought there was a chance we signed a legitimate gem but then I realized he's so much worse than our current CBs that there's literally no reason for him to even be here. :lol:

But luckily for him, he managed to make the match squad in Copa Catalunya, so we'll see if he plays and how well he does against Asspanyol's B team.

BBZ8800

I am not sure what to say about his skills, but at last he is playing tonight's match like a real professional. Unlike Dembele.

xXKonan

It's a friendly but he's much mature compared to his last appearance.

Good building from the back and overall less risky and clumsy.

Home of Barca Fans