Yerry Mina

LeeRomeno

Not impressed at all, tbh. I understand why Valverde really doesn't want to play him if he doesn't have to. His weaknesses only served to bring out the best in Digne who spent most of his time covering for him. I don't think he's anywhere near ready to play any games tougher than Getafe and honestly it's hard to see him shining the way people are trying to predict. His only noticeable quality is his height but I don't see that being enough. Verm and Pique can't get back soon enough, but maybe with Umtiti's suspension ending Valverde will go with him and Digne as our CB duo.

Thanks, looks like he will be a great fit for squad afterall.

Joan

I'm not impressed, but he was decent. Solid performance and a threat in the air, needs time to build relations with his teammates and find paths for carrying the ball forward.

Nothanks

he is still learning his role, reminds me of Coutinho first couple of games

it's normal for positioning to be bad, you could see Mina getting in Rakitics position and one time pushing paco in defense because he went really wide
i rewatched his moments and honestly for all the praise Digne is getting, all the times Mina was in a 1v1 situtation was because digne was way out of position or leaving opponents onside.. i think he'll only get better obviously when partnered with Umtiti or vermalean

God Serena

Thanks, looks like he will be a great fit for squad afterall.

Possibly. He'll have to make noticeable improvements to his game before he becomes a real regular, though.

I recognize you're making a sad attempt to take a shot at me but it's not working, you're way too deluded to form any real argument.

xXKonan

Along with adapting from South America, this was actually his Sixth full game he's played since August as he broke his foot and spent around two months out and by the time he got back the season was pretty much all but over in Brazil.

God Serena

he is still learning his role, reminds me of Coutinho first couple of games

it's normal for positioning to be bad, you could see Mina getting in Rakitics position and one time pushing paco in defense because he went really wide
i rewatched his moments and honestly for all the praise Digne is getting, all the times Mina was in a 1v1 situtation was because digne was way out of position or leaving opponents onside.. i think he'll only get better obviously when partnered with Umtiti or vermalean

I actually think his game improved dramatically in the 2nd half. Something I neglected to say in my first post. If he resists surging forward as often as he does and focuses and shoring up our back line he'd be much better, overall. His height seems to come from really long legs so the only time he wasn't able to handle a 1v1 was when the attacker realized he could skip past him and instead cut the ball behind him a couple of times before shooting. If he drops the Paulinho syndrome (Always trying to attack no matter where he should actually be at any given time) he could prove me wrong very quickly.

Home of Barca Fans