Yerry Mina

BBZ8800

How did we ruin our CL chances exactly?!?! :thinking::thinking:

My opinion is that humans lose their energy when they get overburnt in a short period of time.
January and February is the most crowded part of a season with La Liga matches on weekend and Wednesdays and 6 CDR matches.
And then come CL knockout matches after 20 matches in 50-60 days.

Our team is older than ever in the last 20 years.
So, with some simple logic, we could expect our core players to get fatigued more easily in spring than in previous years.
And for the last few years, we lost energy almost every time in spring.
Even though our core players were 3-4-5 years younger.
Imagine what will happen this year...

Yet, Messi, Luis, Iniesta, Rakitic and Busquets play more then ever due to our "success" in CDR and due to EV is not willing to rotate players (he has some strange fetish or something on a winning streak).
It doesn't mean that we will get knocked out of a CL easily, but everything indicates that Messi, Iniesta, Rakitic will be dead tired in March and April.

On the other hand, CR20150 and friends will start to fly over a field from March till May.

I hope that I am wrong, and let's hope that RM won't win a CL.
But imagine another tragicomical season's end with us winning La Liga and Cdr, getting knocked out of a CL and RM winning yet another lucky/smart CL in their fashion.

We should have been more like Real Madrid and flopped out of La Liga by December and get historically humiliated by Las Palmas in CDR in order to be in top shape for the CL.

They flopped in La Liga.
On the other hand, no one will be able to convince me that they aren't playing with 70-80% in a CDR.
They are rotating way more than us EVERY year. They don't play CR at all.
Again, if CDR is THAT important to them (since they lost La liga), wouldn't they play with 120% in a CDR this year?
Instead, they rotated again and played without motivation.
We are laughing at them every year in February, but everything indicates that they are playing CL with 120%, La Liga with 100 and a CDR with 50%.
On the other hand, we are playing like this:
LA Liga 100%
CL 100%
CDR 100%

For Lucho and EV, Alaves away in La Liga or Celta in a CDR is the same as CL's semifinal against Bayern.
On the other hand, RM has different priorities.

On one hand, our way is more "fair play" and more fair in general.
Their way, on the other hand is saving their energy for the most important trophy in a club football, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, in key moments of a season.

Let's hope that I am wrong and that Iniesta and Messi will fly all over a field in CL 1/8.
But if they won't, it won't be the first time that they are low on energy in the most important moment of a season.

3 days ago, Messi and Iniesta played against Espanyol on a worst pitch in the last few years.
Why?

But it all depends how you rate trophies.
For me, CL and La liga is all that matters.
Supercup, European supercup, World club championship, CDR and similar are tournaments of a 2nd or 3rd tier.

The same as how people rate Confederations cup and Olympic tournament as some big achievements in NT football, while others are laughing at those ideas.

If you rate CDR highly, you won't understand my anger towards losing energy on a CDR.
If you rate CDR the same as Olympic tournament (as I am), then you would look differently at our long term energy saving plan.

Last edited:

Devils

My opinion is that humans lose their energy when they get overburnt in a short period of time.
January and February is the most crowded part of a season with La Liga matches on weekend and Wednesdays and 6 CDR matches.
And then come CL knockout matches after 20 matches in 50-60 days.

Our team is older than ever in the last 20 years.
So, with some simple logic, we could expect our core players to get fatigued more easily in spring than in previous years.
And for the last few years, we lost energy almost every time in spring.
Even though our core players were 3-4-5 years younger.
Imagine what will happen this year...

Yet, Messi, Luis, Iniesta, Rakitic and Busquets play more then ever due to our "success" in CDR and due to EV is not willing to rotate players (he has some strange fetish or something on a winning streak).
It doesn't mean that we will get knocked out of a CL easily, but everything indicates that Messi, Iniesta, Rakitic will be dead tired in March and April.

On the other hand, CR20150 and friends will start to fly over a field from March till May.

I hope that I am wrong, and let's hope that RM won't win a CL.
But imagine another tragicomical season's end with us winning La Liga and Cdr, getting knocked out of a CL and RM winning yet another lucky/smart CL in their fashion.

They flopped in La Liga.
On the other hand, no one will be able to convince me that they aren't playing with 70-80% in a CDR.
They are rotating way more than us EVERY year. They don't play CR at all.
Again, if CDR is THAT important to them (since they lost La liga), wouldn't they play with 120% in a CDR this year?
Instead, they rotated again and played without motivation.
We are laughing at them every year in February, but everything indicates that they are playing CL with 120%, La Liga with 100 and a CDR with 50%.
On the other hand, we are playing like this:
LA Liga 100%
CL 100%
CDR 100%

For Lucho and EV, Alaves away in La Liga or Celta in a CDR is the same as CL's semifinal against Bayern.
On the other hand, RM has different priorities.

On one hand, our way is more "fair play" and more fair in general.
Their way, on the other hand is saving their energy for the most important trophy in a club football, CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, in key moments of a season.

Let's hope that I am wrong and that Iniesta and Messi will fly all over a field in CL 1/8.
But if they won't, it won't be the first time that they are low on energy in the most important moment of a season.

3 days ago, Messi and Iniesta played against Espanyol on a worst pitch in the last few years.
Why?

But it all depends how you rate trophies.
For me, CL and La liga is all that matters.
Supercup, European supercup, World club championship, CDR and similar are tournaments of a 2nd or 3rd tier.

The same as how people rate Confederations cup and Olympic tournament as some big achievements in NT football, while others are laughing at those ideas.

If you rate CDR highly, you won't understand my anger towards losing energy on a CDR.
If you rate CDR the same as Olympic tournament (as I am), then you would look differently at our long term energy saving plan.

You're percentage theory makes no sense.

If Real Madrid play 100% in La Liga and only 70% in CDR, why have so many of their home matches in La Liga this season been equally as poor as their elimination against Las Palmas in CDR? Levante, Betis, Villareal and then their away matches to the likes of Girona and Bilbao.

Literally half of their La Liga matches have been just as poor as your claimed 70-80% efforts in CDR.

Oh and if Real Madrid are the masters of long-term planning, why are they hauling their starters off to UAE in December and playing the likes of CR and Bale in the CWC against minion teams in what is basically a friendlies trophy?

Your over-analysis is just that, over thinking by a longshot.

Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
EV already rotated heavily against Celta away and Espanyol away in Cdr. Also match against Celta at home was decided quickly and we didn't lose much energy there. So basically we had 2 tough matches where our starters wasted a lot of energy - Espanyol at home and Valencia at home. And now we have the third game which can also be decided quickly. If we score fast goal, they are done, they need 3 goals, so we can just move the ball around.

Last edited:

Catta

BBZ is just saying that the Copa is a shit trophy and we mostly burnout because of it. The best example is 2 seasons ago when we lost against Atleti, we were the best team that season, and Barca would have been the first club to defend the CL. We beat Atleti in the league easily but in the CL our player were so tired at that point they couldn't keep up with Atletis pressing. The biggest problem is that the club has some weird fascination with trebles and wants to win all 3 trophies equally. I say fuck the treble, the CL is the most important trophy, then comes the league and the copa should be reserved for the fringe and b players, if they can win it good, if not who cares. If we had Reals mentality about which trophy is the most important we would surely have 2 more CLs by now. The best thing that can happen to this club is that we lose each next Copa in the first round, then the club could finally focus on the important trophies.

FinBarcelonafan

BBZ is just saying that the Copa is a shit trophy and we mostly burnout because of it. The best example is 2 seasons ago when we lost against Atleti, we were the best team that season, and Barca would have been the first club to defend the CL. We beat Atleti in the league easily but in the CL our player were so tired at that point they couldn't keep up with Atletis pressing. The biggest problem is that the club has some weird fascination with trebles and wants to win all 3 trophies equally. I say fuck the treble, the CL is the most important trophy, then comes the league and the copa should be reserved for the fringe and b players, if they can win it good, if not who cares. If we had Reals mentality about which trophy is the most important we would surely have 2 more CLs by now. The best thing that can happen to this club is that we lose each next Copa in the first round, then the club could finally focus on the important trophies.

I agree with this. CL andleague are the priorities. Real has their priorities right, even though this season they suck..

serghei

I agree with this. CL andleague are the priorities. Real has their priorities right, even though this season they suck..

League, CL and Copa are all priorities. Winning all 3 is super tough and doing it 3 times in a decade would be insane. Copa finals in the last decade for me as a Barca fan were felt very much as great matches with great atmosphere. The team produced some of the best football they can play on those nights.

FinBarcelonafan

League, CL and Copa are all priorities. Winning all 3 is super tough and doing it 3 times in a decade would be insane. Copa finals in the last decade for me as a Barca fan were felt very much as great matches with great atmosphere. The team produced some of the best football they can play on those nights.

Of course, but we have been struggling with CL for some time now. I would like to see the best effort in that.

khaled_a_d

1-transfer ban
2-thin squad
3-old squad
4-Fifa virus, half of starters played in south America

Those were the reasons we lost CL, not CDR

Windhook

Well, we all share BBZ's concerns, but so far our season under Valverde I see no signs of major complacency among the players. It's true the squad doesn't deliver 100% in every game, prime example is the Alaves match last week, but in important games everyone is focused and up to the task.

jamrock

I just played him in fifa and he was bloody Excellent, cleared everything in the air, scored a goal and to top it off got Ronaldo injured, oh did I forget to mention it was against our arch rivals we won 4-1 mind you.

So no weorries fellow Barca fans, he will be excellent for us FIFA never lies, never.

FCBfan22

I just played him in fifa and he was bloody Excellent, cleared everything in the air, scored a goal and to top it off got Ronaldo injured, oh did I forget to mention it was against our arch rivals we won 4-1 mind you.

So no weorries fellow Barca fans, he will be excellent for us FIFA never lies, never.

Strenghtening Real right there...

Home of Barca Fans