Yerry Mina

God Serena

did you compare mina to neymar? lmao
or mina to 29 y/o paulinho?
he is a future purchase and needs to beat pique
neymar had to beat pedro?? yeah... and paulinho had to beat out of form rakitic?

It's not about "Beating" anyone, what are you even on about? We have a massive lead in La Liga and if he's anywhere near as good as he's claimed to be he should be able to play in some Liga games, whether he's the best in his position or not. The entire notion that he has to somehow "beat" other players in his position to get playing time is a ridiculous one in of itself and just one glance at the types of players who have gotten minutes shows it to be a false theory, anyways. Who the hell has Denis beaten to get minutes? Rakitic? Paulinho? Iniesta? Busquets? If he hasn't beaten them, why is he playing? Such extremely flawed logic. You do realize not every game calls for a Gala XI, right?

JamDav1982

It's not about "Beating" anyone, what are you even on about? We have a massive lead in La Liga and if he's anywhere near as good as he's claimed to be he should be able to play in some Liga games, whether he's the best in his position or not. The entire notion that he has to somehow "beat" other players in his position to get playing time is a ridiculous one in of itself and just one glance at the types of players who have gotten minutes shows it to be a false theory, anyways. Who the hell has Denis beaten to get minutes? Rakitic? Paulinho? Iniesta? Busquets? If he hasn't beaten them, why is he playing? Such extremely flawed logic. You do realize not every game calls for a Gala XI, right?

Who has been saying he is unlikely to feature this season?

God Serena

Because they are most likely taking a low risk punt on a powerful player with some techincal skills and introducing him to squad in a role can have a look at him and not have to be overly reliant on him while making a judgement.

That same logic could apply to most B team players but is actively argued against in most cases.

Nothanks

we don't have that massive of a lead, 9 pts ahead of atletico isn't that much, a loss to real madrid, and atletico and its just 3 pts difference
mina is fourth CB, umtiti is coming back, vermalean is in form and he needs to adapt before playing this is simple you're overcomplicating it.
he was bought as a backup strickly for this season
next season he'll probably get more consistent minute

JamDav1982

The point of signing him is simple.. to replace Mascherano. Vermaelen is 32 and won't be here for too long and Yerry Mina is only 23 and our future.

Cant claim he is the future yet but he has a chance and some characteristics they are looking for and see how it goes from here.

Even if flops could easy see getting his fee and more back.

JamDav1982

That same logic could apply to most B team players but is actively argued against in most cases.

No the logic is different in that they most likely dont think the B team players have got to the point where they have earned that chance in better leagues and better teams.

JamDav1982

Valverde himself said he's going to take it slow with Mina, whatever that means, but I've seen it said by numerous people that they don't expect to see him feature very much.

Of course they will take it slow with him. Would be madness not to but you seemed to randomly argue with folk that he will almost never play when cant really see anyone claiming that.

God Serena

we don't have that massive of a lead, 9 pts ahead of atletico isn't that much, a loss to real madrid, and atletico and its just 3 pts difference
mina is fourth CB, umtiti is coming back, vermalean is in form and he needs to adapt before playing this is simple you're overcomplicating it.
he was bought as a backup strickly for this season
next season he'll probably get more consistent minute

Atletico lacks the consistency to win the league. They're not like Real Madrid most seasons, where we'll find ourselves hoping and praying that this will be the week they finally drop points. And the odds of us losing to Madrid this season are just... lol. Everyone can beat Real Madrid nowadays.

If this kid is so great, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to get decent minutes, especially with Pique being god awful nowadays.

Nothanks

Atletico lacks the consistency to win the league. They're not like Real Madrid most seasons, where we'll find ourselves hoping and praying that this will be the week they finally drop points. And the odds of us losing to Madrid this season are just... lol. Everyone can beat Real Madrid nowadays.

If this kid is so great, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to get decent minutes, especially with Pique being god awful nowadays.
We all said that about them when they won the league in the final day, and forget about form in a classico game throws all form out the window, real madrid could of scored 3 times against us in december in the first half despite their "form"

and none of us can predict the future, i'm sure mina will play sooner or later, but when a player who comes from another continent AND is considered 4th option CB purchase he is going to be integrated slowly.
when we bought Neymar he was intended to be starting 11, on his way to breaking Brazil's NT scoring record and at that time was discussed as a top 5 LW in the world..
same with Dembele, it took him a couple of matches to be integrated into the team but he was also intended for starting 11

Paulinho is in his prime, he's a developed player.. we cannot mold him into something different and he only started as a sub and I feel like he only got minutes because he couldn't stop scoring thus why he starts now, his situation is unique and not really comparable.

you have to keep your expectations in check.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Yerry will likely play but not this soon however.

One of things Yerry has to get use to is not only playing out the back is overall the speed and tactical differences between Brazilian football vs European football. He's done well for Colombia and did well vs Suarez as well which gives me some confidence but being great in the International side doesn't always transition to Club football.

Yerry is coming in Mid-Season with no experience in European football and no pre-season with the team, it will take a lot of time for him to get up to pace. He's highly rated and a hard worker lets see if he can prove some doubters wrong.

BarçaBarça

Had to be done, I guess... :lol::mina2:

3Pb843d.png

Can somebody do it better? (/worse)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[tw]954789549577854977[/tw]

I do like him taking it slow. We have the team balance to take care of and new guys have all the time in the world thanx to this nice point cushion.

If we are making early predictions; I don't think odds are good that Mina will ever become regular starter but I am excited and will be rooting for him nontheless.

Home of Barca Fans