Yerry Mina

khaled_a_d

The only things that worries me a bit with signing players from south america, are possible shady deals that could be done to fill board members pockets.

Same thing was said about Marlon and he was solid signing,I mean there was some shady deals but not everyone is a shady deal

F

FlaFCB

Same thing was said about Marlon and he was solid signing,I mean there was some shady deals but not everyone is a shady deal

He was signed for the b team, still unclear if he's first team material. And I know not every deal is shady, that why I said "possible".

xXKonan

Can't think where you could get that idea ?, whers is kerrieson these days ?
He signed with Portuguese side FC Arouca not to long ago.

I get Flavia's worries though as the Henrique/Douglas/Keirrison deals were met with some skepticism by a lot of people. I think at least at one time all three were with Traffic Sports and their were rumors someone within the club that had some sort of shady dealings with the agency.

But well at least in my opinion I don't see Yerry or Marlon being shady though like the other three where.

xXKonan

img_dsalvador_20170217-010947_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_portadaok-017.jpg

A tidbit from MD's front cover for Tomorrow. it says Yerry Mina, transfer agreed for 2018.

Messi983

If we have really bought Mina I'll give him a chance but I have doubts whether he can play together with Pique. For now I still think we should look for CBs that are compatible with Pique because he'll be our starter for at least next 3-4 years if he stays healthy and focused on football. That's why I'd prefer someone like Lemos, Sanchez or one of the young French CBs we were linked to. I haven't follow anyone of them closely but I think their playing style is a better fit with Pique.

I think Lemos isn't high on our radar anymore in terms of young CBs at this time.

But out of all the CB's Robert has scouted I wouldn't be surprised if Davinson was his number 1 pick. Not really surprised he's very talented and he's doing well at Ajax and I think Robert doesn't want to let him get away.

Imagine us signing both Yerry and Davison. both are considered the future of Colombia's defense. :lol:

I doubt this would ever happen because we don't have enough non-EU spots. Sure, Neymar and/or Suarez could get spanish passport soon but even then I don't think it would be smart to use 2 non-EU spots on what would be our 3rd and 4th CB options, maybe even 5th if Masche stays for another season. It would make more sense to get Lemos who is already in Spain for 2 years and could get his passport quicker.

xXKonan

If we have really bought Mina I'll give him a chance but I have doubts whether he can play together with Pique. For now I still think we should look for CBs that are compatible with Pique because he'll be our starter for at least next 3-4 years if he stays healthy and focused on football. That's why I'd prefer someone like Lemos, Sanchez or one of the young French CBs we were linked to. I haven't follow anyone of them closely but I think their playing style is a better fit with Pique.

I doubt this would ever happen because we don't have enough non-EU spots. Sure, Neymar and/or Suarez could get spanish passport soon but even then I don't think it would be smart to use 2 non-EU spots on what would be our 3rd and 4th CB options, maybe even 5th if Masche stays for another season. It would make more sense to get Lemos who is already in Spain for 2 years and could get his passport quicker.
I didn't think about that.

MD said not to long ago that Robert likes OGC's Malang Sarr a lot. He's left footed but comfortable playing as a RCB, but He's still very Raw since he's only 18 and I can't see us buying him right now.

xXKonan

gregorrin10

Solid? He´s in the B team playing in 3rd tier...

Only because we have a manager, who rather keeps on milking a 33-year old cripple instead of promoting at least one B team player, who is more than ready to be our 4th CB. Disgraceful really.

xXKonan

Only because we have a manager, who rather keeps on milking a 33-year old cripple instead of promoting at least one B team player, who is more than ready to be our 4th CB. Disgraceful really.
Even if it's the B team it's better for Marlon to play at least then sit and on the bench behind Pique/Masche and Umtiti.

I think this is Mathieu's final season with us anyway so Marlon could get his chance next season if he stays and doesn't go out on loan.

Messi983

What is disgraceful is the lack of respect for Mathieu who has done everything that was asked of him when he was healthy. Just because he's 33 and he was injured at the start of the season doesn't mean that he's shit now. He's been playing more than ok since he came back from injury.

gregorrin10

What is disgraceful is the lack of respect for Mathieu who has done everything that was asked of him when he was healthy. Just because he's 33 and he was injured at the start of the season doesn't mean that he's shit now. He's been playing more than ok since he came back from injury.

That's your opinion and it's fine. But for me Mathieu was never good enough to begin with. He was always bought as a cheaper (which is ironic because he was very expensive considering his quality and age) alternative, because we couldn't get Marquinhos or whoever we were after at the time. Just so that the Board didn't get ripped apart for not buying anyone. That of course doesn't erase the fact that he did contribute a lot in the treble season, but altogether he wasn't worth the money. And now he'll be sold for change or even released come summer. It's amazing that people like this run a football club as big as Barca.

Last edited:

Messi983

Mathieu was purely Lucho's choice so don't blame the board for him. And he did enough to justify his transfer imo. He was great in treble season, also scoring important goals in El Clasico and winning goal against Celta (we probably wouldn't won the league without those goals), he was good last season and he's also very solid this season. Overall, I believe he was always reliable as 3rd CB and is now also good enough to be our 4th CB option. He almost always did good when he started game as CB but wasn't as good when subbed on (maybe his age is one of the factors here because his older bones need more time to warm up) in close games. He was usually below average when played as LB (but he had some good games there as well, even this season) but it's not his fault he had to play there in first place so whenever he struggled as LB I blame Lucho for playing him there.

Yes, his price was probably a bit too high for someone his age but all I care is that players who are brought to the club are playing well. If they do that then I don't care what we paid for them. If they don't then even 5M paid for them are 5M too much (Douglas etc,...) Because players are not responsible for what we paid for them, it's our SD job to negotiate the best/lowest possible price tag when we are buying them. So I've never blamed players for their price tag or have unrealistic expectations from them because of that.

Home of Barca Fans