Yerry Mina

God Serena

Marlon was warming the bench for Fluminense. Was called the New Thiago Silva while at U21 and U19 teams. Comparing Marlon to Mina is like comparing Vincius Junior to Neymar.

This guy is the best CB in Brazil. Starter for Colombia ahead of Davinson Sanchez. Doesn't mean he'll succeed, but you cannot compare him to a guy that was a young talent, but struggled to start and at times even get in the squad for his team.

I've seen even rival fans of Palmeiras like Corinthinians supporters vouch for his quality which in South American football isn't something you see every day.....

I never knew all that. I'll admit I'm coming from a position of ignorance on this, as I'd rather watch Teen Titans Go than South American football. Him starting over Sanchez is a good sign though. I'll remain cautiously optimistic until he shows us something, though.

El Flaco

[tw]951450931366801408[/tw]

[tw]951466984050429952[/tw]

- José Eulises Mina: "How do I feel now that my son has become a Barça player? Very happy. Reaching Barça is the maximum expectation for any football player, it's a privilege."

- José Mina: "What was the first thing I said to Yerry after the signing was confirmed? I said: "Thank you for this accomplishment that you give us as a family."

- José Mina: "Yerry's childhood? He is a humble boy. He was raised in Guachené, a town of 20,000 inhabitants in which 99% of the population are Afro-descendants. As a child he was always very applied with everything and he finished his school."

- José Mina: "He did not believe that he was going to share the dressing room with Messi, Suárez, Coutinho ... He knows that he arrives as a substitute but he will work to become a starter as he always did."

- José Mina: "Is it true that I wanted my son to be a goalkeeper like I was? He wanted to be a goalkeeper, but that position demands a lot of sacrifice, I did not want to see my son suffering."

- José Mina: "Yerry did not believe this all would happen, although he is convinced that he is a good player. He will adapt very easily and quickly to the team, for sure."

- José Mina: "On a sporting level, I would highlight his presence and his elegance when playing the ball from behind. Technically he is very good and likes to join the attack, to take risks. As on a personal level, he has always won the affection of the people for his humility."

- José Mina: "Yerry's name was chosen by his mother, we liked the drawings of Tom & Jerry, it comes from there, although we put it with a 'Y'."

xXKonan

[tw]951564099997044738[/tw]

This is supposedly is real twitter account but this was his reaction to today's game.

Meatball

From his father's words, he seems like a nice and humble guy. He already knew that he d be a sub here and prepared to work his way through to the starting XI. An ambitious guy unlike Arda

Saladin

[tw]951564099997044738[/tw]

This is supposedly is real twitter account but this was his reaction to today's game.

According to the timeline he posted that, right after Messi's second goal; I busted out laughing when I saw this, I must admit. Already love this guy, great sense of humor.

Nothanks

I like a good character in the locker room, hopefully he spreads some good vibes
btw is he going straight into the first team or are we going to prep him for a couple months in the B team?
chances he'll take vermaleans spot with his current form?

Last edited:

Xaviniesta

DTVi7k1UQAANW_C.jpg

Xaviniesta

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jmmwz6AF_-Y" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:worthy: :worthy:

aaron101

So does this mean that Marlon Santos will never comeback after his loan? Or it might be that he's going to comeback once we get an offer for Vermaelen at the end of the seaon. If this is the case then Pique will be our only veteran defender/centerback who can guide our youngsters.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So does this mean that Marlon Santos will never comeback after his loan? Or it might be that he's going to comeback once we get an offer for Vermaelen at the end of the seaon. If this is the case then Pique will be our only veteran defender/centerback who can guide our youngsters.

I doubt he'll be back. More so when he's been struggling at Nice.

Home of Barca Fans