Yerry Mina

Ronaldinho10

Welcome Mina hope we made the right decision with this lad! Certainly has a lot of potential in him let's hope he lives up to it.

Messi983

It goes both ways tbh, I like how Sociedad and Bilbao do it, they put big but affordable buyouts and ask clubs to pay it, and hence they usually sell players above their market value.
But it hurt us with the likes of Thiago and Bartra, even with Neymar and Figo although both were expensively sold the club wanted both to stay and it hurt the club image to some extent

Of course club wanted both to stay but as said above if player wants to leave you can't keep him forever unless you are PSG. :)

I think in Figo's case it hurt the club image more that he signed with our biggest rival. Had he gone to Juve or United instead for a then world record transfer fee things would look different in most peoples eyes.

I've already said hundred times but will repeat that I don't believe Neymar's clause was set too low. I don't think anyone could realistically expect record transfer fee to jump for 210% in one summer. And him leaving also don't think it hurt our image as much as the way he behaved before leaving. If he would just said to the club something like "I've decided to leave and you can't do anything to change my mind so please just accept those 222m and use them the best you can to replace me/improve the team" at start of the summer again everything would look different. But that's probably just a romantic in me speaking, I know that (as much as fans would like to think different) football is just a business for most clubs and players and backstabbing happens in business all the time.

Thiago and Bartra are different cases imo. Their clauses have dropped because they didn't play enough. I think Thiago's original clause was around 80m but then dropped to 20m. And Bartra's clause was 40m dropping to 8m. We should avoid (if we haven't already) to put those type of dropping clauses based on playing time into players contracts, that's clear. But in general I don't think our players clauses are too low. Or at least they weren't at the time they've signed/renewed their contracts last time before market was changed dramatically last summer. For example when Roberto signed his last extension in September 2014 he was a fringe squad player with uncertain first team future. Most fans were ready to give up on him and if any club would pay 40m for him then I don't think anyone would complain about that, most people would probably even be happy we got that much. Of course things have changed since then and we'll address that in his new contract.

BarçaBarça

We need to put all release clauses at 500+ mil regardless who the player is. How come Real can do this and pay low wages while we have the opposite going on?

Well, I can understand that from the players perspective you don't want to agree to a 500M clause in your first contract - but 100 M is too low in this marked, as well, if he develops as we hope.
What I don't understand is why we can't just put a automatic increase of the clause with, for example, every 30 games played for the first team? Surely most players would agree to that, because it would mean that they get playing-time, and therefore isn't 'trapped' or whatever they fear by having a high clause.

But a BIG WELCOME to Yerry!! :barcascarf:

Messi983

Not a good idea mate. The bbc effect is real.

CfELaOQWIAAVQxH.jpg

khaled_a_d

Of course club wanted both to stay but as said above if player wants to leave you can't keep him forever unless you are PSG. :)

I think in Figo's case it hurt the club image more that he signed with our biggest rival. Had he gone to Juve or United instead for a then world record transfer fee things would look different in most peoples eyes.

I've already said hundred times but will repeat that I don't believe Neymar's clause was set too low. I don't think anyone could realistically expect record transfer fee to jump for 210% in one summer. And him leaving also don't think it hurt our image as much as the way he behaved before leaving. If he would just said to the club something like "I've decided to leave and you can't do anything to change my mind so please just accept those 222m and use them the best you can to replace me/improve the team" at start of the summer again everything would look different. But that's probably just a romantic in me speaking, I know that (as much as fans would like to think different) football is just a business for most clubs and players and backstabbing happens in business all the time.

Thiago and Bartra are different cases imo. Their clauses have dropped because they didn't play enough. I think Thiago's original clause was around 80m but then dropped to 20m. And Bartra's clause was 40m dropping to 8m. We should avoid (if we haven't already) to put those type of dropping clauses based on playing time into players contracts, that's clear. But in general I don't think our players clauses are too low. Or at least they weren't at the time they've signed/renewed their contracts last time before market was changed dramatically last summer. For example when Roberto signed his last extension in September 2014 he was a fringe squad player with uncertain first team future. Most fans were ready to give up on him and if any club would pay 40m for him then I don't think anyone would complain about that, most people would probably even be happy we got that much. Of course things have changed since then and we'll address that in his new contract.

I said what you said about Neymar, although it surely seems he didn't have the highest possible buyout it was still an unrealistic number for anyone to pay.
That said, it is the question of the buyout itself.
If club is forced to have a buyout, this already puts agent in place for negotiations, it allows them to put stupid clauses like Bartra and Thiago etc.
And again it allow you to decide the club the player is gonna leave as in Figo case, in Neymar case you then have another possibility, would Neymar himself considered leaving here when he knows he has contract with no buyout and a great situation where he has almost no gains to try to force himself out after renewal here?
It is also unfair for Spanish clubs because they aren't alone, if those rules was universal it would have fair to them but it isn't and it creates a bad situation they have no control onto.
All that said , I am all with it because I believe every player should have one. And as I said I think it will happen eventually even though not in the foreseeable future

Xaviniesta

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yerry Mina averaged more passes per game (60.6) than any other defender in the 2017 Brasileirao season <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/fcblive?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#fcblive</a> [whoscored]</p>— Barcastuff (@barcastuff__) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcastuff__/status/951394504506068997?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 11, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Zincubus

Banned
I, on the other hand, really don't care as long as he plays good ball.

Check out the YouTube vid of him for Columbia against Uruguay !

Doesn't go for long crossfield balls but knows his limitations and slides some nice through balls .

His attitude to defending reminds me of Puyol plus he's spent quite time as a ball winning , defensive midfielder .

He's very good on the ball especially
given his size ( 6'6" ?)

Home of Barca Fans