Yerry Mina

mia7007

Mina is a bargain getting him at just 9m. If he did not prove himself he can be sold with more than 15m at least
But De Light is another level in my opinion, I see him the highest potential defender currently in the world

xXKonan

[tw]945795639119679488[/tw]

Says Barca want to anticipate the arrival of Yerry this January.

also says Rafinha and Dembele are the winter signings.

:bartomeu:

khaled_a_d

Says Barca want to anticipate the arrival of Yerry this January.

Can't make my mind about this deal yet, on one hand he is a low risk signing for 9M but on the other th guy will occupy a valuable non-eu spot which I think in current situation should be preserved for starter or potential starter.
I think it will depend on how good they think Mina is, if they see him as probable/potential Pique long term replacement then they should go all for it

also says Rafinha and Dembele are the winter signings. :bartomeu:

That is fair and I can't expect more from them.
-We have 24 man squad, which is just too big, Arda leaving will make it 23 (assuming Mascherano leave and Mina comes).
-Can't expect to get difference makers in Jan
-Dembele is huge addition to already good performing team, he is a talented player who was tearing a top league last year, we won't get better attacker than that in Jan.
Rafinha is the ultimate squad player, he is that guy who would do whatever the coach want no question asked.
People tend to forget with time that EV has used Gerard and Denis for example to their strength, there were times people thought EV was unfair to them b/c they looked good. now imagine what he will do with a squad player who has better mentality and football understanding than both? we won't get anything better than both in January, in summer we can sort the squad out as many players will probably want to leave (or the club will push them out) and there will be more open market for better players

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I hope they're smart about it because if Yerry Mina's transfer blocks the one of Coutinho and another very highly talented midfielder or attacker then it's simply not worth it.

In that case we should just sign someone like De Vrij or Inigo Martinez and keep a close eye on Upamecano and de Ligt once we need to find Pique's successor if no one from La Masia is able to fill that gap.

xXKonan

You know with all these rumors and stuff since we did get that buy option on him, I actually wonder how divided the club is in regards to this one. Some I'd imagine will view it as a low risk deal and if it doesn't work out we can sell him.

Problem is we only have 3 Non-EU spots, and in those three spots you would always want to have the likes of Suarez,Coutinho, Ney etc in those spots. Yerry no doubt is talented but there's that huge unknown if he's able to adapt and make it here.

Which brings up my first point, I just wonder how divided the club is with this deal. They say he was one of Segura's findings along with Andre Cury's and I think he's the one that really wants him here to see if he has it or not, apparently Roberto also warmed up to him as well.

Messi983

We've used one of our non-EU spots on Douglas for two years FFS. Using it on Mina is a no doubter for me as I think he could be at least a very good #3 CB if not a future starter.

I don't believe we'll get Coutinho anyway.

raskolnikov

He's not at the moment but there are rumours he could get Italian passport.
If we get him despite these to transfers im cool with it.
If push came ti shove we could always sell Paulinho to open up a spot.
Maybe after 3(?) years Arthur and Mina get residance and two spots open up again.

Messi983

There were rumours a month or so ago that EV has asked for a player with more experience in Europe (but there are not many available who wouldn't be cup tied for CL) to cover after Mascherano's exit but with Vermaelen's recent good form I think Valverde will be ok with him taking #3 CB role (when Umtiti returns) so Mina will have time to adapt to European football. Then we'll decide what to do in summer with Vermaelen. I appreciate what he's done over the last month but given his age and injury history I still think it would be smart to sell him. Maybe then we can go after De Ligt - we could possibly also promise him to play him as Busquets's backup so he'd get more playing time (if that's something he would be concerned with) though it would be easier for him to adapt if he'd play just one position.

I'm not so sure we'll really go after Arthur in January. I believe we'll first try to convince Liverpool to sell Coutinho, whether in winter transfer window (which is unlikely) or reach an agreement for him to join in summer. If we'll get him then it's very likely Arthur won't be in our plans anymore and we'll look for alternatives in Europe (Aouar?) or maybe a different type of midfielder (Goretzka for free?) who could replace Rakitić longterm if we assume Cou would take Iniesta's spot.

xXKonan

[tw]946012888765992961[/tw]

According to Moises Llorens, he will be a Barca player once the window opens.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Suarez better not count as a Non-EU player. We'll only have one spot left if this happens.

Xaviniesta

from his higlights you can sense that there's something unique about him...he seems really athletic and mobile for someone that tall. extremely quick too. kind of reminds me of boateng (a bit). not to mention how he stands out in the air...

If he is really rated (and picked) over Davidson Sanchez then he must be good...I hope we get him

Home of Barca Fans