Yerry Mina

Xaviniesta

Does Luis Suarez still not have his Spanish passport??

if not then Paulinho / Suarez / Yina would take 3 non-eu spots, correct?
maybe we really want Coutinho but have no space for Yina, OR Marlon... would explain why we want "european experience defender" or whatever the rumor is.

Suarez has spanish citizenship. I think he got it from his wife

xXKonan

His wife has an italian passport I think and that's why Suarez doesn't count in regards to the non eu spots.

FCBfan22

His wife has an italian passport I think and that's why Suarez doesn't count in regards to the non eu spots.

Yep, his wife moved to Europe when she was in her teens (that was one of Suarez's main motivations to make it as a footbalelr), so she should have one. I think that since they are married Suarez should not count as a non-us player (can someone look into that matter, but I think it's similar like if you are an European, marry an American, move there and need visas).

khaled_a_d

There is yet a confirmation for the whole Suárez doesn't count as non-eu
It was just mentioned in one of the tabloids when we were linked to Coutinho while having Marlon/ Suárez/ Paulinho IIRC.next day Marlon was loaned

M

MessiCam

This Non-EU thing really shouldn’t be an issue for Suárez. If I’m not mistaken South American player get EU status in Spain after just 2 years.

khaled_a_d

This Non-EU thing really shouldn’t be an issue for Suárez. If I’m not mistaken South American player get EU status in Spain after just 2 years.

That is the law, but I've never seen a South American player take it in less than 4 years and mostly 5 years.
I think that is mainly because those guys spend a lot of time outside of Spain, I don't know the exact details of the Spain but most countries require to be in the country for 11 months in order for the "year" to count. Also paper work usually takes a lot of time

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That is the law, but I've never seen a South American player take it in less than 4 years and mostly 5 years.
I think that is mainly because those guys spend a lot of time outside of Spain, I don't know the exact details of the Spain but most countries require to be in the country for 11 months in order for the "year" to count. Also paper work usually takes a lot of time

They can apply after two years, but then it can also take up to two years because the Spanish State is still living in the dark ages.

FCBfan22

But is any of those married to a citizen of an EU country? Marriage can make some paperwork faster and easier (working visas, citizenships...).

khaled_a_d

But is any of those married to a citizen of an EU country? Marriage can make some paperwork faster and easier (working visas, citizenships...).

Doesn't matter the European citizenship, it is about the country citizenship (you aren't gonna be Spanish because you have Italian wife) , according to wikipedia you can get Citizenship in year if your wife is Spanish.
Anyway, I think Suarez will get it before next season, and for January we have one spot.

They can apply after two years, but then it can also take up to two years because the Spanish State is still living in the dark ages.

People I know who got UK,US,Canadian citizenship took two years after the needed time to get their passport, IIRC my cousins who got passport from Norway and Romania needed additional years too,but not 100% sure. It is universal tbf

Messi983

Suarez's wife family is living in Barcelona since 2003 so I think his wife got Spanish passport sooner because of that.

CanadianCanadian

Is Yerry in FIFA 18? I was trying to scout him for my team but i can't find him anywhere.
On a related note; Umtiti, Pique and De Ligt are a dream back 3.

Home of Barca Fans