Yerry Mina

This dude will disappoint many if your coach doesn't manage to teach him positioning plus tactical awareness. He reminds me of the Cameroon's backs in the 80's. Amazingly athletic, technical but he plays amateur football. He was not taught the positioning dunno how to put this in english. He does everything by his athleticism, which masks a lot of his problems.

Now, Barça is rarely pressed so for you a back with athleticism to prevent counters and talent with the ball is more important than for other teams, but I feel his coachability is very low. His football IQ isn't high. He's always bad positioned, when the team is losing he moves forward and plays as a striker, etc.

It seems he was a forward until very late in his teen years, when he grew up too much and the coach staff decided to use him as a defender. He has a lot to learn.

Not sure you guys know a Brazilian back named Junior Baiano. He was with the NT in the 1998 WC. If you do know him you can picture Mina.

Messi983

I've got similar impressions the few times I've watched him but for 9M it's worth a risk I guess.

Good that we already have a deal with Palmeiras, if we'd start to negotiate with them now they would probably ask for 50M. :lol:

Hawk

This dude will disappoint many if your coach doesn't manage to teach him positioning plus tactical awareness. He reminds me of the Cameroon's backs in the 80's. Amazingly athletic, technical but he plays amateur football. He was not taught the positioning dunno how to put this in english. He does everything by his athleticism, which masks a lot of his problems.

Now, Barça is rarely pressed so for you a back with athleticism to prevent counters and talent with the ball is more important than for other teams, but I feel his coachability is very low. His football IQ isn't high. He's always bad positioned, when the team is losing he moves forward and plays as a striker, etc.

It seems he was a forward until very late in his teen years, when he grew up too much and the coach staff decided to use him as a defender. He has a lot to learn.

Not sure you guys know a Brazilian back named Junior Baiano. He was with the NT in the 1998 WC. If you do know him you can picture Mina.

so he is not the second coming of marcel desailly.. dang. not calm and collected as say juan that plays at flamengo.

still, 9m aint bad for a player that still needs refining in todays market.

khaled_a_d

Well,most CB doesn't reach their prime before the age of 26 although many are very good at younger age, at most Mina will join us at the age of 24 and will be 3rd of 4th CB and he will have to grow from that. If he is just a new Batra he is worth the money

khaled_a_d

Palmerias was defeated by the Ecuadorian Barcelona which may get him a early leave to join FC Barcelona.

:lol:

Hmm now to make the decision, do we bring him in now or wait til January? we already have a fixed price on him for 9 million euros which is pocket change compared to 32 Million for Inigo Martinez.

Suarez and Marlon already non-EU players, if Coutinho joined it will be Mina vs Marlon for 3rd spot. I don't see it happening tbh. But I think deal for Coutinho is unlikely
Marlon is at least settled in the club, for Mina to come from Brazil to be thrown as 4th CB without preseason might be too much to ask

Yeh guys, 9m is nothing nowadays, especially after the oil money screwed up the market. Barça should totally go for it, but the coaching staff should be prepared to lock him in a room and teach him the basics, yeh, the basics. Its not a matter of talent or aptitudes, he just doesn't know how to properly play as a back. Seriously.

If he learns just the basics he'll be great for Barça, because of the way the team plays and the way teams play against us, but it depends on a lot of work, from him and for the coaching staff.

xXKonan

Cadena Ser says we contacted him and despite the injury he has it will not effect anything for his move to Barcelona next year.

I read on MD, Sampdoria is heavily interested in him and even sent people to Sao Paulo to try and convince his agent. article also mentions he's received a lot of proposals from Serie A and EPL teams.

xXKonan

According to Colombian Media, he's now a Barcelona Player.

they say he will either arrive now/january or after the WC.

Força Barça

Barcastuff‏ [MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]stuff__
Following
More
Palmeiras and Barça agree on a transfer for Yerry Mina. However, it remains to be seen if he'll join this season or in next. [Radio Caracol]
11:15 AM - 11 Aug 2017

Home of Barca Fans