Yerry Mina

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Needs to improve on a positional front but has shown quality in this World Cup and as a Barca fan his performance tonight was wonderful to watch.

Physical beast that won’t be bullied by anyone but needs to improve aspects of his game to stay long term or risks being a one trick pony.

Let’s not go overboard on the hype train but it’s promising stuff

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
had a tremendous world cup. the whole world is raving about him. if he rots on the bench this season the manager shouldn't ever manage another top flight team again.

Even if the team does well with Mina on the bench. It's 4 games, in a system that suits him really well. He has his strengths of course but let's not go overboard.

Raketa10

Ok now after my adrenaline went down let’s be realisitic. :D I like the guy he is superb with his header but he is bad with his feet. He is often out of the balance, often finds himself in a wrong position and he is too slow in reactions. Unfortunately I am affraid he won’t make it Europe.

serghei

Let's put it this way. We used Mathieu for 3 years and he even started a CL QF among many other games. I think we can use Mina fine, and the world would not end. He is a superior version of Mathieu, only stronger and much better in the air. And younger.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Let's put it this way. We used Mathieu for 3 years and he even started a CL QF among many other games. I think we can use Mina fine, and the world would not end. He is a superior version of Mathieu, only stronger and much better in the air. And younger.

Exactly.

Andresito

Staff member

But does he smoke

Cule4life

The Culest
He's from Colombia. He does, but not the regular stuff.

HEOJs.gif

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

Doesn't have anything to do with Mina, but Mathieu starting in a CL QF singlehandedly fucked us :lol: it was a terrible decision, can't be used to justify anything else.

Raki13

Ok now after my adrenaline went down let’s be realisitic. :D I like the guy he is superb with his header but he is bad with his feet. He is often out of the balance, often finds himself in a wrong position and he is too slow in reactions. Unfortunately I am affraid he won’t make it Europe.

A bit like Umtiti and Pique then eh ?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Mathieu was solid player for us. Took a paycut to join, played both LB and CB and was never going to be anything more than backup.
And he was honest bloke. I enjoyed how he was always (awkwardly) sincere.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
A bit like Umtiti and Pique then eh ?

A couple of months of some bad performances from Umtiti and all of you turn on him? Even the best defenders like Godin/Thiago Silva/Boateng have entire seasons of them getting embarrassed in big games regularly. CB's do not tend to be flawlessly consistent and for Umtiti to have been as perfect as he was until February/March was getting a bit spooky.

He's still world class and one of the best in the world.

FC433

I think he should be loaned to R Betis. They are looking for a CB and they are going to play in the UL this coming season. 1-year loan with an optional year.

Home of Barca Fans