Page 83 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2524

Thread: Yerry Mina

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by behindbrowneyes View Post
    He just made a mistake with that no-look-pass. Umtiti does these risky passing between the lines too. It is quality that really helps us when building up. Of course they have to calculate the risk.

All in all I liked his starter-debut, but don't want get too cheerful. Getafe rarely attacked and it is yet to be seen how he does vs more attacking teams with fast, little attackers.
    Um no, I'd probably prefer it if our CBs are at least looking when they pass it to the other team. I don't see how that helps us and I don't see any similarity whatsoever to Umtiti.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His had a decent game. Considering this is his first game I am satisfied. Only problem was that no-look-pass which was truly unnecessary and that was basically the only mistake he made. I hope he learned from that and he won't try it again.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    He could have had all successful passes but one but he can't be making those no look passes. We almost conceded because of his cockiness.
    Sure, that pass could cost him and us and I think he'll learn not to do those things again but to be fair, I liked his cockiness more than if he'd play affraid of taking a risk and make a mistake. IF he'll fail here I don't think it will be because of the lack of confidence. Different positions but I think he has some of that (positive) arrogance of Valdes or MATS. Even if/when he'll make a mistake I think he'll quickly forget about that and continue playing with confidence.

We'll see how he'll do against better teams that will put us under more pressure consistently but for the first time I think he did really well, especially considering the fact Digne (who also had a good game but is not used to play as CB) was his partner. I'm looking forward to see him playing alongside Umtiti and Vermaelen (don't think we'll see him a lot with Pique).

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    Sure, that pass could cost him and us and I think he'll learn not to do those things again but to be fair, I liked his cockiness more than if he'd play affraid of taking a risk and make a mistake. IF he'll fail here I don't think it will be because of the lack of confidence. Different positions but I think he has some of that (positive) arrogance of Valdes or MATS. Even if/when he'll make a mistake I think he'll quickly forget about that and continue playing with confidence.

We'll see how he'll do against better teams that will put us under more pressure consistently but for the first time I think he did really well, especially considering the fact Digne (who also had a good game but is not used to play as CB) was his partner. I'm looking forward to see him playing alongside Umtiti and Vermaelen (don't think we'll see him a lot with Pique).
    He's a CB. Why do we want a CB who's not afraid of taking risks? Are no look passes and positional ineptitude really something that can be seen as "Confidence"? If he cuts that garbage (That's what it is, garbage) out he'll be much better in the longrun.

HiiiPoWeR
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not think he tried the no look pass to show off. It was intended as a head fake to make the opposite player think he would pick out the easy pass to the flank and to put him on the wrong foot.
    Many of Busi's passes only work because of his head movement e.g. Mina just made a mistake and opponent was positioned well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure all the players and staff told him to play naturally.. do his things and have fun
    it what they told coutinho.. i don't mind his attempt at a silly trick.. im glad it shows somewhat levels of confidence and i don't mind that, now if it becomes a habit and the silly trick is constantly failing then maybe he should learn to stop

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering it nearly costed us the game I have to wonder why you don't mind it. I think that should be cut out of his game entirely, there's just no reason to do something so stupid, confident or not. Deulofeu was confident he could take his man and we were forced to see hundreds of times just how far that got him.

If he just focuses on doing his job as a CB (Protecting our goal) he'll be much better, imo.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    none of our defenders job is to just protect the goal, they all bar add extra layers to build up play.
    i know you dislike mina but hide your bias a little more you've been wanting him to fail before he even debuted

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He shouldn't be making cocky passes period. He was trying to shine, I get that, but he needs to think of the team first.

Pretty sure Valverde will tell him not to do those anymore.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothanks View Post
    none of our defenders job is to just protect the goal, they all bar add extra layers to build up play.
    i know you dislike mina but hide your bias a little more you've been wanting him to fail before he even debuted
    Uh, protecting the goal is the primary role of a center back. Yeah, on the other side of the ball they do help with buildup play, but that doesn't require running high up the pitch and abandoning your position as a CB.

And perhaps if you'd read my posts instead of just throwing a hater blanket my way you'd know that before he debuted all I did was wonder why he wasn't playing, and now I'm irked by his suicide runs forward and am not a fan of his no look pass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give him time he didn't have such a bad debut IMO. Musnt forget that he played as a solo CB last game with EV layout so can't blame him much no pique or umtiti alongside him.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldinho10 View Post
    Give him time he didn't have such a bad debut IMO. Musnt forget that he played as a solo CB last game with EV layout so can't blame him much no pique or umtiti alongside him.
    Digne may not be a CB but he was the one covering for Mina. Digne was the better CB in that game...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't been following Barca or football in general lately so I'm in need of a quick heads-up: Who is this guy and why is he here ?
    Alexis Defense League

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Haven't been following Barca or football in general lately so I'm in need of a quick heads-up: Who is this guy and why is he here ?
    A tall Colombian CB who played in the Brazilian league, was brought in as our third CB since Masche left.
    Sóc Culer.