Yerry Mina

wisconsincule

I don’t think I’d sell him unless it was for 50+ million. That won’t happen so I would keep him. He clearly is a goal scoring threat from set pieces. He came mid season so who knows what we have with him. He didn’t really impress me when playing for Barca but did look better from Columbia.

jairzinho

When you buy a player, especially one who has never played a minute in Europe you take a bit of a risk. He came in at the business end of the season and couldn’t get enough matches under his belt to develop an understanding with his teammates and get his confidence going. How many games did he actually play in?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Selling/loaning a first-team player just 6 months after signing him would be an act of stupidity, especially after Yerry's outstanding set-pieces goal ratio in the World Cup. Marca and other tabloids would love to see Mina away from FC Barcelona, for sure.

If he's not good enough, he's just not good enough.

I remember this forum had the same discussion about Gomes last summer when we should have sold him.

Barcilliant

What I find astonishing is the lack of offers. After his world cup displays I thought there would be a bidding war for him

However all clubs know how we operate and they will probably offer some paltry amount before the window closes.

If we sell it should be minimum 30 million but knowing our clowns we will sell for 15 million.

George_Costanza

We need him wtf he is much better than pique, pique wouldn't even get to start at any top team

He is judged over few minutes he got in 5 games he has played so far, for a player who never played in La Liga/Europe before and without a preseason. His critics will come up with so many odd excuses based on those few minutes he has played. Funny that same factors were applied to approve Gomes signing. Go back and read the first 25 pages of Gomes thread, some of the people who criticize Mina now because he doesn't fit our system thought Gomes fitted our system based on some minutes they have watched him in Valencia. Some actually were happy we didn't sign Pogba and signed Gomes instead. It's hilarious...

gsgosal

He is judged over few minutes he got in 5 games he has played so far, for a player who never played in La Liga/Europe before and without a preseason. His critics will come up with so many odd excuses based on those few minutes he has played. Funny that same factors were applied to approve Gomes signing. Go back and read the first 25 pages of Gomes thread, some of the people who criticize Mina now because he doesn't fit our system thought Gomes fitted our system based on some minutes they have watched him in Valencia. Some actually were happy we didn't sign Pogba and signed Gomes instead. It's hilarious...

Your forgetting VAR is coming to La Liga. Set pieces is now more important than it ever was. This is where Mina adds that extra dimension

Messi983

What would you guys do if we are a goal down? Bring Mina in?

Yep, bring him in for Pique. He's always going forward when we need a goal and never does anything useful while exposing us defensively.

But the main problem here is that Mina likely wouldn't even be on the bench in most games. If Pique and Umtiti would start then Lenglet would probably be on the bench.

Trickykid

What I find astonishing is the lack of offers. After his world cup displays I thought there would be a bidding war for him

However all clubs know how we operate and they will probably offer some paltry amount before the window closes.

If we sell it should be minimum 30 million but knowing our clowns we will sell for 15 million.

What kind of retarded logic is that? :lol:
Do you really think that all the supposed clubs that want him now have struck some sort of deal where they all wait till the end of the window and then all present shit offers?

Barcilliant

What kind of retarded logic is that? :lol:
Do you really think that all the supposed clubs that want him now have struck some sort of deal where they all wait till the end of the window and then all present shit offers?

I'm saying our incompetent board can't even offload a player who's had a great world cup. Most clubs would get at least 30 million for him. Our jokers have no clue about business.

God Serena

I'm saying our incompetent board can't even offload a player who's had a great world cup. Most clubs would get at least 30 million for him. Our jokers have no clue about business.

I'm going to say something that might come off as a bit controversial, but bear with me here...

Maybe goals scored in the WC aren't enough to convince clubs you'd be a good CB for them.

serghei

I'm going to say something that might come off as a bit controversial, but bear with me here...

Maybe goals scored in the WC aren't enough to convince clubs you'd be a good CB for them.

Well, it's not only goals. He dominated Kane and Lewandowski physically and actually did himself what they couldn't do. Win headers and score. His performances were very good. Proved that for teams that sit deep and absorb pressure, he's a very good defender.

He'd actually be great at playing against Barca, more than for Barca.

Home of Barca Fans