Yerry Mina

Cule4life

The Culest
As I mentioned before, my girlfriend's first name is Mina so she was happy to finally get to see him play. Both of us thought he performed well. Perhaps a new women's home kit with Yerry Mina on the back is in order for her up-and-coming birthday?

Just get her a Mina sized jersey. Could cover her entirely :pep:

Devils

Very impressed by Jerry.

Some good, some stuff that needs to be worked on.

I agree that he made some risky plays yesterday that could have cost us, but no doubt he will improve on that as time goes on.

Oh and some ariel threat this guy is. :wow:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
So if we desperately need goals against Chelsea, we just put Mina, Pique, Suarez and Paulinho in the box and Dembele will send cross after cross. No bus will hold.

Nothanks

Pique has nothing to be worried about, if a final was tomorrow and all our players were fully rested and fit, it's pique umtiti starting and it'll probably stay like that even next season.

mdenci

He wasn't bad, quite good for a debut in the starting line-up actually.
But he seems very, hmm... playful... I think that I'm not over-emphasising the fact that very few coaches like their CB-s "playful" - meaning he likes to play risky through balls etc...

behindbrowneyes

He wasn't bad, quite good for a debut in the starting line-up actually.
But he seems very, hmm... playful... I think that I'm not over-emphasising the fact that very few coaches like their CB-s "playful" - meaning he likes to play risky through balls etc...

He just made a mistake with that no-look-pass. Umtiti does these risky passing between the lines too. It is quality that really helps us when building up. Of course they have to calculate the risk.

All in all I liked his starter-debut, but don't want get too cheerful. Getafe rarely attacked and it is yet to be seen how he does vs more attacking teams with fast, little attackers.

God Serena

He just made a mistake with that no-look-pass. Umtiti does these risky passing between the lines too. It is quality that really helps us when building up. Of course they have to calculate the risk.

All in all I liked his starter-debut, but don't want get too cheerful. Getafe rarely attacked and it is yet to be seen how he does vs more attacking teams with fast, little attackers.

Um no, I'd probably prefer it if our CBs are at least looking when they pass it to the other team. I don't see how that helps us and I don't see any similarity whatsoever to Umtiti.

Raketa10

His had a decent game. Considering this is his first game I am satisfied. Only problem was that no-look-pass which was truly unnecessary and that was basically the only mistake he made. I hope he learned from that and he won't try it again.

Messi983

He could have had all successful passes but one but he can't be making those no look passes. We almost conceded because of his cockiness.

Sure, that pass could cost him and us and I think he'll learn not to do those things again but to be fair, I liked his cockiness more than if he'd play affraid of taking a risk and make a mistake. IF he'll fail here I don't think it will be because of the lack of confidence. Different positions but I think he has some of that (positive) arrogance of Valdes or MATS. Even if/when he'll make a mistake I think he'll quickly forget about that and continue playing with confidence.

We'll see how he'll do against better teams that will put us under more pressure consistently but for the first time I think he did really well, especially considering the fact Digne (who also had a good game but is not used to play as CB) was his partner. I'm looking forward to see him playing alongside Umtiti and Vermaelen (don't think we'll see him a lot with Pique).

God Serena

Sure, that pass could cost him and us and I think he'll learn not to do those things again but to be fair, I liked his cockiness more than if he'd play affraid of taking a risk and make a mistake. IF he'll fail here I don't think it will be because of the lack of confidence. Different positions but I think he has some of that (positive) arrogance of Valdes or MATS. Even if/when he'll make a mistake I think he'll quickly forget about that and continue playing with confidence.

We'll see how he'll do against better teams that will put us under more pressure consistently but for the first time I think he did really well, especially considering the fact Digne (who also had a good game but is not used to play as CB) was his partner. I'm looking forward to see him playing alongside Umtiti and Vermaelen (don't think we'll see him a lot with Pique).

He's a CB. Why do we want a CB who's not afraid of taking risks? Are no look passes and positional ineptitude really something that can be seen as "Confidence"? If he cuts that garbage (That's what it is, garbage) out he'll be much better in the longrun.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I do not think he tried the no look pass to show off. It was intended as a head fake to make the opposite player think he would pick out the easy pass to the flank and to put him on the wrong foot.
Many of Busi's passes only work because of his head movement e.g. Mina just made a mistake and opponent was positioned well.

Home of Barca Fans