Yerry Mina

Donatello

I agree for everything except Coutinho. He's defenitly a top 5 player worldwide. Only Messi, Cristiano, Modric and Salah are better than him rn.

Coutinho definitely has potential to be a top 3 player.

But at present,for me the top 5 would be,

Messi, CR7, Salah, De Bruyne, Neymar.

behindbrowneyes

Coutinho definitely has potential to be a top 3 player.

But at present,for me the top 5 would be,

Messi, CR7, Salah, De Bruyne, Neymar.

No hate on Ney, but he is not top 5 right now. All those other 4 guys you mentioned are playing their game, are focused and efficient. Ney plays his game, but he is not efficient because he lets himself distract by private duels with opposing defenders. If he focuses on the game again he easily will be top 5, but right now Coutinho has more influence on the team's success.

God Serena

It's also true about the bad performances. 1-2 games with experimental teams in which everybody sucked and Mina was branded as shit on the spot. So it works both ways. It's not like Mina had many chances at Barcelona. Man barely played.

You can say about Gomes that he had enough chances to prove and he failed on all counts. Not about Mina at this point.

You know, it's funny that you mention Gomes, considering you gave the same defense for him at one point, almost word for word. And the result wasn't a player who developed into a top talent, a decent player or even a passable rotation option for weaker teams; It was a player who cried to the media about being embarrassed by how bad he is after actively making the team worse for years.

Mina "barely played" because he sucks. He sucked when he did play because he sucks. He will most likely be shipped out when we bring in a CB who doesn't suck and sign a Brazilian player who doesn't waste our non-EU spot because, again, he sucks. Enough excuses.

I've said it hundreds of times but international performances mean absolutely nothing in regards to how a player will perform for us, and I've been right every time. Playing well for Columbia means nothing.

Centauri B

You know, it's funny that you mention Gomes, considering you gave the same defense for him at one point, almost word for word. And the result wasn't a player who developed into a top talent, a decent player or even a passable rotation option for weaker teams; It was a player who cried to the media about being embarrassed by how bad he is after actively making the team worse for years.

Mina "barely played" because he sucks. He sucked when he did play because he sucks. He will most likely be shipped out when we bring in a CB who doesn't suck and sign a Brazilian player who doesn't waste our non-EU spot because, again, he sucks. Enough excuses.

I've said it hundreds of times but international performances mean absolutely nothing in regards to how a player will perform for us, and I've been right every time. Playing well for Columbia means nothing.

I agree with this post 100%

International football is a bit crap and a horrible indicator of how a player can perform for a European giant of a club.

Hopefully Mina scores another header and then we can sell him for good money to some idiot club. Same goes for Suarez and Rakitic (not that they are as bad as Mina, but that we can use the WC hype to offload them for good cash)

serghei

Well, that's the right way to go at it imo. When you transfer a player you give him a fair shot at proving he can play in this team, or don't transfer him at all. Gomes got one and he failed, so time for him to go. Same for all players we sign basically.

'Mina barely played because he sucks'. You don't know that for sure at this point. Nobody does. The ones who say they can judge a player in 2-3 games are full of shit. That's how Modric got named as the worst signing of the year. People saw him in 8-10 games and jumped to conclusions.

What's your solution? Predicting the worst for every signing so that you're proven right when some fail? What about the guys who said Bravo was useless, and he proved to be a top keeper for us?

I prefer to give each player a fair shot, especially the ones I am undecided on or haven't watched much. Based on the little time I've seen Mina play, I'm still undecided about him, but it's undeniable he's a beast physically.

Last edited:

PhilS

After his half-season at Barca, I'm glad Mina had this great game for Columbia. This exposure may allow him to move this summer to a team where he fits better. Regardless of how good he is for his country, he is wrong for Barca.

Porque

Let him be a starter in a decent Euro team in Ligue1,Bundesliga,LaLiga for one or two seasons then decide to bring him back or sell. We would be silly to sell him with no buy-back option now.

His value will only go up, Valverde will probably be gone and Pique at replacement age. He is a naturally talented player who needs 2500 minutes / season to iron out the tactical and positional nuances. Meanwhile he will always have that offensive output in goals that will give him good resale value and gloss over his nuances for managers who think they can "bring out that full potential" like Klopp.

The World Cup is a good start and it is nice to see him have a confidence building game with a goal and good duelling with Lewa.

Last edited:

God Serena

Well, that's the right way to go at it imo. When you transfer a player you give him a fair shot at proving he can play in this team, or don't transfer him at all. Gomes got one and he failed, so time for him to go. Same for all players we sign basically.

This is not how you form a team that competes for the CL and league every season, which should be the primary goal of a club of our stature. Gomes, Paco, Denis, Mina, Arda, etc. are not the types of players who should be given this treatment. That's for players like Coutinho and Dembele, who we know can and probably will be players who can prove their quality. With this line of logic, Barca could literally sign me and I'd be deserving of numerous opportunities before being written off as a flop.

'Mina barely played because he sucks'. You don't know that for sure at this point. Nobody does. The ones who say they can judge a player in 2-3 games are full of shit. That's how Modric got named as the worst signing of the year. People saw him in 8-10 games and jumped to conclusions.

In those 2-3 games he played he was absolutely shambolic, which gives credence to the idea prior to his debut that he wasn't playing because he wasn't good enough. He put in possibly the worst CB performance I've seen since Chygrynski in our only loss of the season, he's a *massive* waste of a non-EU spot, unlike the majority of our past flops he doesn't have even the slightest bit of trust from our manager, and all signs point to us bringing in another CB anyways, so yeah, those 2-3 games were the death of him. He had his chance and he failed. In fact, he had numerous chances, and failed each and every time.

What's your solution? Predicting the worst for every signing so that you're proven right when some fail? What about the guys who said Bravo was useless, and he proved to be a top keeper for us?

Reading the writing on the wall for a player our manager does not trust from day 1 is not "predicting the worst". And Bravo's problem is entirely different, I believe he should have never been signed because we had Mats, who could have easily been better if given the playing time, which, as it turns out, happened to be true in the end.

I prefer to give each player a fair shot, especially the ones I am undecided on or haven't watched much. Based on the little time I've seen Mina play, I'm still undecided about him, but it's undeniable he's a beast physically.

This is Barca, we have trophies to win. Real Madrid isn't making history in the CL each and every season by being fair, so why should we?

George_Costanza

Is that first clip supposed to show he's good defensively or something? The only reason he had to make that last ditch tackle was because he overcommitted and got drawn out of position.

giphy.gif

Home of Barca Fans