Yerry Mina

xXKonan

rac1 says they Yerry's entourage told them they haven't talked with Barca in regards to a January move.

I'm guessing we are waiting for everything to get done with Masche and his new club before we make the move.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I won't be surprised if we end up with no CB signing. Too many cooks spoil the broth. An internal power struggle where Robert and Pep Segura might want different players could lead to the disaster that happened last summer.

FCBfan22

rac1 says they Yerry's entourage told them they haven't talked with Barca in regards to a January move.

I'm guessing we are waiting for everything to get done with Masche and his new club before we make the move.

Or maybe we finnaly did the right thing and talked to his club before his entourage (and will talk to them when Masche move is ready to go).

xXKonan

Segura from what I read was the one that pushed for us to get that pre-deal on Yerry back in 2016.

Robert supposedly warmed up to Yerry as well. However it all comes down to the coach (Valverde) if we want to get him. But from the way it sounds, I think we really have no choice as we can't find a good proper CB replacement that is experienced and CL ready for a decent price.

Jombi

Segura from what I read was the one that pushed for us to get that pre-deal on Yerry back in 2016.

Robert supposedly warmed up to Yerry as well. However it all comes down to the coach (Valverde) if we want to get him. But from the way it sounds, I think we really have no choice as we can't find a good proper CB replacement that is experienced and CL ready for a decent price.

The coach is probably clueless on this anyway. He's great at getting the best out of a below-par squad by playing ugly and efficient but I dont trust his knowledge of the transfer market.

JamDav1982

The coach is probably clueless on this anyway. He's great at getting the best out of a below-par squad by playing ugly and efficient but I dont trust his knowledge of the transfer market.

Barca are not playing 'ugly and efficient' at all.

You really are bitter that Valverde and this squad has had such a good start and your shining examples at Real Madrid are struggling.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lucho did bad with his transfers. Can't say a lot of good about Pep's selections either.

Although, to be fair, they are given names to pick from and that's that.

Jombi

Lucho did bad with his transfers. Can't say a lot of good about Pep's selections either.

Signing Mina for that price seems like a no brainer. The coach should stick to what he knows best.

George_Costanza

Pep was new at coaching and had no prior experience with recruiting and transfers. He did a good job promoting the players he knew and coached from the La Masia. It seems he learned from his past mistakes and most of his signings at Bayern and City are good ones.

Lucho coached two teams before managing Barcelona. He was clueless at everything.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely. People tend to overestimate manager's influence on signings.
I would expect more input on domestic players and this is where we are failing in recent years. All players we signed from La Liga (under our coaches noses) turned out to be failures. Bravo was last great transfer and it happened in 2014 and it was down to Unzue - the newly appointed assistant coach.

FCBfan22

Great. Now give Jefecito another game at the Camp Nou, to get a well deserved goodbye from the fans.

Home of Barca Fans