Yerry Mina

Windhook

Handful of games Busi has started as CB in his career. And Valverde is really into telling the press about his true feelings on certain players. Yeah, right.:valverde2:

Kohe321

Doesn't make much sense. If he's good enough to start for the Colombian NT and was a top defender in Brazil, how is it THAT risky to play him at CB next to Umtiti (the best in the world) and with a good defensive scheme around him?

Is it really worth pulling Busi out of midfield and undermining both our midfield and defense? Either EV is being foolish with this or Mina really is THAT bad, which is even more worrying.

With the way you're putting it, and I agree with you, one must think Yerry has been absolutely atrocious during training sessions. Pulling Busquets out of midfield, where he is an absolute key aspect of the team, just for him to double poorly out of position as a CB instead of using Yerry sounds absolutely insane.

I guess if Valverde does that, Yerry can't be looking at much of a future in the team - at least not under him. I hope this is all fake news.

serghei

:facepalm:

I mean, Busi as a CB? Really? That should be option 756, right next to playing no one and starting with a 3-3-3 system to confuse our opponent.

xXKonan

Everyone knows about Busi's qualities but being a CB? isn't one of them.

Only way I would play Busi at CB is if all our CBs and B team CBs are injured or suspended. that's it, there's no reason to play our best Midfielder in the CB spot because Yerry isn't experienced yet. I hope Valverde makes the right choice.

God Serena

It makes the most sense to start Mina in this game. I find it weird though how everyone who wouldn't shut up about how Mina can't possibly be considered for minutes prior to this because of X, Y, and Z reasons suddenly think that none of that matters all of a sudden. Is he an inexperienced scrub who needs to adapt, or not?

Quite telling that it's even a topic of discussion at all coming from Valverde if that report is true. I would rather play Fali as CB for the first team than Busquets and I'm sure Valverde doesn't like the idea either. If Mina doesn't play Thursday that essentially means he will not find success at all under Valverde, and considering the man will probably be here for 2-3 years, Mina probably won't find success here at all when he comes back from the 2nd/3rd loan he inevitably gets sent on while Valverde looks for a real defender.

Either way, I'm finally gonna find out how good this kid is, whether it be by watching him play, or by seeing how little faith the manager has in him. Interesting.

And before people flip out again about me hating this kid despite me never saying anything to indicate I do, I've actually got pretty high hopes for him because of his height and the praise I see from people like [MENTION=16751]Devils[/MENTION], but I've seen this show too many times by now to be stupid enough to buy into the hype of a player who's riding the bench.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't make much sense. If he's good enough to start for the Colombian NT and was a top defender in Brazil, how is it THAT risky to play him at CB next to Umtiti (the best in the world) and with a good defensive scheme around him?

Is it really worth pulling Busi out of midfield and undermining both our midfield and defense? Either EV is being foolish with this or Mina really is THAT bad, which is even more worrying.

Doesn't make sense to start him in semi-final in away match as his first match either.

He will be nervous and if he makes a mistake it could kill his confidence. Idea is to ease the new guys in.

Hopefully just MD talking out of their asses as usual.

Barcilliant

Lmao at Busquets playing cb. The last time I recall Busquets playing cb was against Arsenal many moons ago. He scored an own goal after we completely dominated them and was overall pretty shite. Mascerano made that tie saving tackle and after that the wheels in Peps head started turning and he made Mascherano a cb.

Busi is a great midfielder but has the mobility and speed of a turtle on crutches.

Barcilliant

To me its a no brainer. Start Mina. Yes, its risky but no one will lose their job if we lose. Ev at times is waaay too conservative. Hes always looking at the safest option. Sometimes you need to be brave.

BBZ8800

So, we lost tons of energy on a CDR playing with key players all the time and ruining our CL chances, only to now "risk" with a guy who never played in Europe, and who never played a minute for Barca, and as some say: there is nothing to lose.

Lol. World class long term planning.
After we ruined our CL chances with playing CDR all the time, let's now throw away even that CDR.

Before you set high expectations on Mina and hope for him to be a hidden gem or a next big thing, his price was 10M. For a reason.
Top defenders of that age cost 50-70-80M.
For a reason.

I am not saying: sell him and everything.
But he'll at best end as a useful squad player (in 2-3 years).
And more likely, he won't be good for that or we'll sell him.

This is not hating.
This is reality for majority of players who come to Barca.
Especially for those who cost peanuts and have zero European experience.

Last edited:

Raketa10

So, we lost tons of energy on a CDR playing with key players all the time and ruining our CL chances, only to now "risk" with a guy who never played in Europe, and who never played a minute for Barca, and as some say: there is nothing to lose.

Lol. World class long term planning.
After we ruined our CL chances with playing CDR all the time, let's now throw away even that CDR.

Before you set high expectations on Mina and hope for him to be a hidden gem or a next big thing, his price was 10M. For a reason.
Top defenders of that age cost 50-70-80M.
For a reason.

I am not saying: sell him and everything.
But he'll at best end as a useful squad player (in 2-3 years).
And more likely, he won't be good for that or we'll sell him.

This is not hating.
This is reality for majority of players who come to Barca.
Especially for those who cost peanuts and have zero European experience.

How did we ruin our CL chances exactly?!?! :thinking::thinking:

Devils

We should have been more like Real Madrid and flopped out of La Liga by December and get historically humiliated by Las Palmas in CDR in order to be in top shape for the CL.

behindbrowneyes

Mina definitely will make his debut this week. If it will be vs Valencia is questionable since Piqué isn't ruled out yet. I'm sure he'll start vs Getafe.

5ergio_Busquets

It's funny how people are saying "let's see how he does in big games" and "great players shine in big games" and this sort of things. HOW DO YOU KNOW IF HE IS A GREAT PLAYER when he didn't play a single minute so far? Yes he could turn out to be a great defender but also he could be another Douglas. If he showed some of his "greatness" in training the coach would have used him for rotation already and he was doing a lot of rotation lately especially in the defense with the fullbacks and every time he is asked about him he repeats that "he needs time to adapt".

Home of Barca Fans