Page 73 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2524

Thread: Yerry Mina

Wild Man of Borneo
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't make much sense. If he's good enough to start for the Colombian NT and was a top defender in Brazil, how is it THAT risky to play him at CB next to Umtiti (the best in the world) and with a good defensive scheme around him?

Is it really worth pulling Busi out of midfield and undermining both our midfield and defense? Either EV is being foolish with this or Mina really is THAT bad, which is even more worrying.
    "Dani Jarque, siempre con nosotros"
    -Andres Iniesta

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope MD is talking bullshit. David Costas makes no sense since Mina was on the bench in the last few games. Why would he be there if he wasn't our 3rd CB as long as Vermaelen is injured?

Busquets makes no sense since he hasn't the pace required as CB and is far too important as DM. I know Rakitic does well there too, but we'd better start these two as double pivot and Mina with Umtiti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is ridiculous. Mina is a CB, and a talented one at that. He has played big and important matches for his national team and his former clubs. He is a natural CB, who has been trained for that role.

Don't overthink this one, Valverde.

Play Mina with Umtiti, and keep Busquets in midfield as cover.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chill.

Jerry will play. He's quality.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaviniesta View Post
    this is fucking retarded. why the hell did we buy him if Valverde is having doubts.

Yerry joins the club, a chance opens up for him and Valverde is thinking about playing Busi at CB ahead of him great man management there Valverde

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Handful of games Busi has started as CB in his career. And Valverde is really into telling the press about his true feelings on certain players. Yeah, right.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAndres View Post
    Doesn't make much sense. If he's good enough to start for the Colombian NT and was a top defender in Brazil, how is it THAT risky to play him at CB next to Umtiti (the best in the world) and with a good defensive scheme around him?

Is it really worth pulling Busi out of midfield and undermining both our midfield and defense? Either EV is being foolish with this or Mina really is THAT bad, which is even more worrying.
    With the way you're putting it, and I agree with you, one must think Yerry has been absolutely atrocious during training sessions. Pulling Busquets out of midfield, where he is an absolute key aspect of the team, just for him to double poorly out of position as a CB instead of using Yerry sounds absolutely insane.

I guess if Valverde does that, Yerry can't be looking at much of a future in the team - at least not under him. I hope this is all fake news.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean, Busi as a CB? Really? That should be option 756, right next to playing no one and starting with a 3-3-3 system to confuse our opponent.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would prefer Digne or Semedo at CB over Busquets

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone knows about Busi's qualities but being a CB? isn't one of them.

Only way I would play Busi at CB is if all our CBs and B team CBs are injured or suspended. that's it, there's no reason to play our best Midfielder in the CB spot because Yerry isn't experienced yet. I hope Valverde makes the right choice.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It makes the most sense to start Mina in this game. I find it weird though how everyone who wouldn't shut up about how Mina can't possibly be considered for minutes prior to this because of X, Y, and Z reasons suddenly think that none of that matters all of a sudden. Is he an inexperienced scrub who needs to adapt, or not?

Quite telling that it's even a topic of discussion at all coming from Valverde if that report is true. I would rather play Fali as CB for the first team than Busquets and I'm sure Valverde doesn't like the idea either. If Mina doesn't play Thursday that essentially means he will not find success at all under Valverde, and considering the man will probably be here for 2-3 years, Mina probably won't find success here at all when he comes back from the 2nd/3rd loan he inevitably gets sent on while Valverde looks for a real defender.

Either way, I'm finally gonna find out how good this kid is, whether it be by watching him play, or by seeing how little faith the manager has in him. Interesting.

And before people flip out again about me hating this kid despite me never saying anything to indicate I do, I've actually got pretty high hopes for him because of his height and the praise I see from people like @Devils, but I've seen this show too many times by now to be stupid enough to buy into the hype of a player who's riding the bench.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't make sense to start him in semi-final in away match as his first match either.

He will be nervous and if he makes a mistake it could kill his confidence. Idea is to ease the new guys in.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully just MD talking out of their asses as usual.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lmao at Busquets playing cb. The last time I recall Busquets playing cb was against Arsenal many moons ago. He scored an own goal after we completely dominated them and was overall pretty shite. Mascerano made that tie saving tackle and after that the wheels in Peps head started turning and he made Mascherano a cb.

Busi is a great midfielder but has the mobility and speed of a turtle on crutches.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me its a no brainer. Start Mina. Yes, its risky but no one will lose their job if we lose. Ev at times is waaay too conservative. Hes always looking at the safest option. Sometimes you need to be brave.