Yerry Mina

Nothanks

I'm convinced some people here just want him to fail so they can strut and say they called it
lol, is that such a far-fetched thing to say??

FCBfan22

Busquets or even Digne in Pique's place if he isn't available for those Games and Vermaelen if he is ready.

Busquets? Engine of the team eliminated from the game. Rakitić is good, but still nowhere near Busi.
Digne? Bad defending in the last game + he could be also out for Valencia (broken finger).

Vermaelen will almost certainly not be ready, because he isn't even in training yet. We all know that he's made of glass, so playing him at 75% could cost us dearly.
Pique is apparently prepared to play through pain, but is it worth risking him to worsen his injury twoweeks before Chelsea (and of course with no other CB's except Mina avalible for Getafe).

Edit: Pique out until Eibar apparently (8-10 days). I guess our medical staff isn't taking any risks.

Mina-Umtiti and Mina-Costas/Busquets/Digne/Vermaelen it is then.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Let's assume that Mina isn't gonna perform well as CB against Valancia. We will have a bad startee in CB position
Now assume playing Busquets as cb, we will have another bad starter in CB then a downgrade in midfield.
I really don't remember Busquets having a goid game as staring CB.
Digne might be an option, but he isn't peoven either.
I would say take the risk with Mina,it is the best for the team.

God Serena

I'm convinced some people here just want him to fail so they can strut and say they called it
lol, is that such a far-fetched thing to say??

Has nothing to do with wanting him to fail. The fact that people think his lack of minutes isn't a problem up until now for a list of reasons that'd take up the entire damn alphabet but somehow think he's ready to start against Valencia and possibly every game up to and including Chelsea (lol) makes it seem like anyone who can recognize a player who doesn't have the manager's trust wants said player to fail, but that's really far from the truth. If he starts getting minutes and does well I'll be happy for him. I just find it hard to believe this kid who's supposed to be this super talent from Brazil isn't getting any minutes despite impressing Valverde.

I suppose we'll be finding out pretty soon though.

Nothanks

and you assume because he didnt get minutes in the valencia / espanyol games that means valverde doesn't trust him?
you come up with some quick assumptions idk we keep arguing the same thing

5ergio_Busquets

Even proven top players like Coutinho or Dembele didn't find it easy to integrate in the team so I don't know why some people expect a player from the Brazilian league to find it easier. Add to that the normal nervousness in a debut.

God Serena

and you assume because he didnt get minutes in the valencia / espanyol games that means valverde doesn't trust him?
you come up with some quick assumptions idk we keep arguing the same thing

If Valverde is confident enough to play our B string and even bench Messi of all people it says a lot that Mina didn't get a look as well. And it's not a final conclusion, just a very worrying sign. Like I said, if he doesn't play in the coming days that'll pretty much confirm it. But so far it's impossible to believe he's anywhere near as good as some people have been saying.

Edit: Are you familiar with the quote function? You should probably consider using it. You're like the only person who doesn't ever quote the person you're talking to, it's weird. The alert is the main way I know I have a reply.

Barcilliant

Valverde is a much more conservative manager compared to his predecessors. If this was Pep, Tito or even Tata Yerry would start at Valencia.

I think Mina will be fine. If Busquets and Rakitic play the cbs should be well protected.

As someone said previously. Whats the point of having a cb if we don't use him and play Digne or Busquets instead. You destroy the players confidence before he even plays a single minute.

Valverde is a much more conservative manager compared to his predecessors. If this was Pep, Tito or even Tata Yerry would start at Valencia.

I think Mina will be fine. If Busquets and Rakitic play the cbs should be well protected.

As someone said previously. Whats the point of having a cb if we don't use him and play Digne or Busquets instead. You destroy the players confidence before he even plays a single minute.

Tito actually went to some pretty ridiculous lengths to not play certain players. Bartra's not that good but Adriano (and Song, although he did drop that idea almost right away) over him was ridiculous :lol:

Tata and especially Lucho didn't rate Bartra that much either but they didn't rate him that badly.

And of course let's not forget Thiago, who clearly was a great talent not playing over an injured Xavi and Cesc "Summer starts in January" Fabregas.

Dude seemed to think they'd score an own goal every minute they played.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans