Yerry Mina

FCBfan22

A semi-final at the Mestalla is not the right time or place for his debut.

But what can you do? Risk Pique/Vermaelen long term injuries (needless to say they are not pretty fast when 100% fit)? Play Digne at CB after his horrorclass at Asspanyol? Put Busquets at CB and lose the heart of our game? Play Roberto in one of the last 2 positions he hasn't played yet (lol)?

He should be fine if we protect him with with Raki and Busi as double pivots and Roberto and Semedo on his right side. But this is the only combination that gives us enough insurance. If we play single pivot, he could suffer. If we put Paulinho/Vidal at RM, he could suffer.

5ergio_Busquets

It's a risk, but many great players take these opportunities by the scruff of the neck.

Could be the difference between him and Bartra.

We don't know yet if he is a "great player", and considering the fact that Valverde didn't use him in any game so far to rest the starters doesn't make it likely that he was impressed by him in training.

Last edited:
We don't know yet if he is a "great player", and considering the fact that Valverde didn't use him in any game so far to rest the starters doesn't make it likely that he was impressed by in Training.

Well honestly if he's not a great player, he shouldn't be at Barca.

It's not a good sign if Valverde doesn't trust him.

It's true that he knows more than we do so if he's willing to start Mina against Valencia then that is a very good sign. Won't write him off if he's not but Mina absolutely needs to start against Getafe if he's the real deal.

5ergio_Busquets

Well honestly if he's not a great player, he shouldn't be at Barca.

It's not a good sign if Valverde doesn't trust him.

It's true that he knows more than we do so if he's willing to start Mina against Valencia then that is a very good sign. Won't write him off if he's not but Mina absolutely needs to start against Getafe if he's the real deal.
There are many "not great players" at Barca at the moment and honestly I don't rate him highly.

Joan

There are many "not great players" at Barca at the moment and honestly I don't rate him highly.

How many matches of his have you watched so you "don't rate him highly"?

I've watched some of his international games but can't say I've made up my mind

No matter what, he deserves a chance...

Neymessi

What is the point of a backup CB when you are going to start a backup LB there instead?

Sorry but he has to start and if pique is out till chelsea then he has to start chelsea too.

Home of Barca Fans