Yerry Mina

serghei

Jamdav is correct on Bartra.

At Dortmund even when he was a consistent starter last season he showed the same problems he did here. Great on the ball but physically weak and caught out of position to much. He's not some young guy anymore either that can get a pass he's 27 years old now.

Right now Betis or any other mid table table is his level now.

Somewhat similar to Montoya. Both had some good things about them only to fall apart in some other areas (which happened to be essential things related to their position). In the end, just not Barca material.

Anyway, they deserve more credit than kids who have the skill and the talent, but not the will or the passion to make it (like Halilovic and others) because will and passion is something you control, and if you don't have that, then you are just not a competitive person and a weak character. And in sports in general there's no room for such individuals, not at the top at least.

Last edited:
Somewhat similar to Montoya. Both had some good things about them only to fall apart in some other areas (which happened to be essential things related to their position). In the end, just not Barca material.

They each just overperformed for half a season. Montoya especially, dude was ridiculous at the tail end of 2012, only to never be heard of again.

God Serena

Valverde puts out the most B team he could muster almost and Mina still didn't get a a showing. And now we have no choice but to use him because Umtiti is suspended. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Digne starting at CB against Getafe, too. Would love to see the excuses for that one.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Valverde puts out the most B team he could muster almost and Mina still didn't get a a showing. And now we have no choice but to use him because Umtiti is suspended. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Digne starting at CB against Getafe, too. Would love to see the excuses for that one.
How long exactly has he been here? What's his age? How much experience does he have in Europe (new continent, league, culture, club)? Most importantly who does he have ahead of him? These are all the things that play a factor in the coach picking a player especially at a position like CB where there are rarely any rotations. Kid hasn't stepped on the pitch once, hell he hasn't been in the club for a month and people already trying to take pot shots at him. FFS

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Vermaelen is lcb so it makes sense too.

Mina will be playing in Pique's spot when Geri is rested.

FCBfan22

Vermaelen is lcb so it makes sense too.

Mina will be playing in Pique's spot when Geri is rested.

I think that LCB/RCB thing doesn't really matter for Valverde. We played all of the combinations with Masche/Titi/Verm/Pique.

There is still the question if Verm will be 100% fit next week. If he isn't, I wouldn't risk him.

God Serena

How long exactly has he been here?

Several weeks now. Unless it's fairly typical for new players to not play for X amount of time after being signed I don't see the point you're making here.

What's his age?

He's 23. Older than Gomes, Paco, Umtiti and Denis Suarez when they were all signed in our happy little "Summer of 22's" and definitely older than almost every B team player we've ever given minutes to.

How much experience does he have in Europe (new continent, league, culture, club)?

None, but that doesn't stop Paulinho from starting and getting the opportunity to have a shocker every game. This is just an excuse and not a very good one.

Most importantly who does he have ahead of him?

He's only ever had two players ahead of him at once. Vermaelen was injured shortly after he arrived and saw no minutes. Now Umtiti is suspended and Vermaelen is fresh off of injury. Being a 3rd choice CB does not mean 0 minutes.

These are all the things that play a factor in the coach picking a player especially at a position like CB where there are rarely any rotations. Kid hasn't stepped on the pitch once, hell he hasn't been in the club for a month and people already trying to take pot shots at him. FFS

CB does have rotations. Maybe if you're stuck at 4th spot you're in trouble but Mina so far has always been our only choice for 3rd CB and Valverde has opted to just ignore him completely. I can guarantee you if it was Mascherano, Vermaelen, or even Mathieu sitting in that 3rd spot during our busiest 2 months of the season they'd have played several games by now. Him not stepping on the pitch is the reason why I'm taking "pot shots" at him. Every game he fails to appear is worrisome and if Vermaelen or Digne start as a CB over him next week I'll have no choice but to believe these reports that Valverde really doesn't rate this kid at all.

Windhook

I believe he will debut against Valencia in for Pique (injured) and then on Sunday will do the same for Umtiti (suspended) a duo with Vermaelen against Getafe.

If he plays against Valencia, it will be a massive opportunity for him. He does well and he'll basically secure the 3rd CB spot instantly.

Don't think it'll happen though.

PhilS

We won't see Digne start at CB. We already know that when Valverde runs out of CBs, he turns to Busquets.

Mina will do fine vs. Valencia. But if he does start off poorly, Busquets could move back, and he would do fine.

Joan

If he plays against Valencia, it will be a massive opportunity for him. He does well and he'll basically secure the 3rd CB spot instantly.

Don't think it'll happen though.

Don't think that a solid game will put him before Vermaelen in the picking order considering the later had a fabulous month.

Just hope he does well.

Home of Barca Fans