Yerry Mina

Nothanks

Whats this?!?!
a player with no preseason and new to a whole new continent hasn't displaced Pique or Umtiti from the starting 11 within 2 weeks of purchase?!

SELL
E
L
L

BBZ8800

Comments how: he is failure already, sell and similar before he played a minute here are premature surely.

But on the other hand, they are equally as premature as comments: he will be our longterm CB solution with Umtiti, and Umtiti and Mina should be starters in the next season.
... before he played a single minute for Barca, a match in La Liga or a CL match against big teams.

Imo, a realistic expectations in cases like his are:
1. his chances to make it at Barca are 30:70%
2. if he'll make it, he will need 2-3 years to reach Barca's level. Until then he will need lots of learning and developing

So, he is not a fail in this moment, but also 99% surely he won't jump into Pique's shoes anytime soon.
Selling Vermaelen in these circumstances would also be crazy.
To some extent, since Mina needs years to adapt, and since Vermaelen is injured all the time, I don't find rumors how Valverde wants another experienced CB as crazy rumors.

FCBfan22

deal.was done because someone was making money under the table. there is.no way.in hell a 195 cm CB would work in barca`s high defensive line. this will be more memorable than shigriensky. a meme in the making.

1 dot = 1 nerve struck when Neyson left

F1_STK

bale.gif

Bartra was our only option in that game. Also, he played without being fit (he was injured before that game) and he scored the only goal of the match.
We must be fair.

denn

lot of bs.

I hope Valverde isn't that stupid. The guy just arrived, you can't see that much in training ffs.

Alik

Bartra is rightly criticized for that goal. But had there been any goalkeeper other than Pinto in goals, that wouldn't have gone in.

God Serena

Whether or not all these reports are true, I think it says a lot that he's been here for weeks, yet still hasn't played even a single minute. For someone who is supposedly so talented I'd expect him to at least play a little bit, considering he's the only backup CB the team has available. Especially with how many games we're playing. Is this guy the best South American defender, or is he some mediocre defender from the Brazilian league who immediately stands out as less talented during training? Does he need weeks, months, or years to adapt, or is he completely out of his depth? Every game that we don't see Yerry even make it to warm-ups during the game is further indication that he may not be as great as originally thought. I heard reports that Valverde planned to take it slow with easing him into the team, but the rate Mina is going isn't taking it slow, it's sleeping at the starting line. I admittedly know next to nothing about him as a player but I find it hard to believe that of all the terrible players we've had come through the team, and all the Brazilian players we've had who come from leagues significantly worse than La Liga (Paulinho came from fucking China and his only European experience was flopping in London), that Yerry Mina is the only one who's not able to play because he needs to adapt.

Barcilliant

Imo Valverde is just looking for the right opportunity for us to play him.

People are jumping to conclusions. Except Arda all our mediocre and shitty players have got minutes.

BBZ8800

For guys who are saying that Ev is trying to adapt him slowly...

Mina hasn't played a minute in his career in Europe.
And now, when he actually arrived in Europe, he is not playing again...

Do you believe that he will magically adapt to European football by playing 5 vs 5 or whatever on training grounds?

Semedo played right away.
Coutinho played right away.
Dembele played as soon he was fit.

As others said, Mina is not even warming up during Cdr matches.

If he'll need Months only to adapt to European football, then he'll need years to slowly integrate into our team, to learn our system and to get some minutes.

With this pace, in a few years, he'll maybe turn into a decent sub.

One more time, rumors about Valverde asking for an experienced European Cb don't sound that silly anymore.

Also, if Mina will need years to adapt, it may bring problems into Arthur's transfer, because it will raise a question about a quality of players coming directly from South America.

Also, after seeing how long Mina needs to adapt, then rumors about Arthur getting loaned until 2020 also don't sound that crazy anymore.

We are Barca.
The best or one of the best teams in the world.
It is really crazy to expect that young and inexperienced players like Arthur and Mina can come and make some impact in some short term future (let's say 2 years).

khaled_a_d

He was available for only 3 games, one of them was opportunity to start Umtiti again btw. All 3 games was close and tough games.
it is normal that EV will want someone with European experience or some one he knows, for him Mina is a player he only watched this January. It is time for coach himself to know the player he has not only for the player to adapt.
CB position isn't a position to sub player in in tight games anyway.

jamrock

We haven't had any real opportunities to play him so far in the games we have played so far, coupled that with umtiti just coming back from a Injury and is clearing being give a chance to play himself back to 100 match sharpness, and I never really expected him to play

Barca fans are so dramatic some of the times.

Home of Barca Fans