Yerry Mina

khaled_a_d

Mathieu was purely Lucho's choice so don't blame the board for him.

He was 100% Zubi choice and Lucho didn't have anything to do with that.
He was Zubi target in 2013 too but all budget went to Neymar,shame considering we could have got 1 more year of his service and paid half the price (had 10M buyout back then)
Lucho wanted Benatie or Marquinhos and Zubi got him Vermaelen & Mathieu

khaled_a_d

I don't think you are right. Didn't Lucho even call Mathieu and convince him to join us?

Have you followed our transfer market in 2013 at all? If you did you will know that I am right
And I don't remember he did,Mathieu didn't need any convincing,he waited for us in 2013 before renewing,he wanted to join us in 2014 and lowered his wage by 3M so that Barca pay his buyout to Valencia. May be he contacted him during the process. But almost every paper out there connected us to both Benatia and Marquinhos when Lucho joined us,those were his choices. Mathieu has been Zubi choice since T.Silva signed for PSG

ldsix

Yesterdays highlights, not everything though because I don't have all the footage.
[tw]833575152143171584[/tw]

Messi983

Have you followed our transfer market in 2013 at all? If you did you will know that I am right
And I don't remember he did,Mathieu didn't need any convincing,he waited for us in 2013 before renewing,he wanted to join us in 2014 and lowered his wage by 3M so that Barca pay his buyout to Valencia. May be he contacted him during the process. But almost every paper out there connected us to both Benatia and Marquinhos when Lucho joined us,those were his choices. Mathieu has been Zubi choice since T.Silva signed for PSG

Yeah, I remember that Lucho wanted Marquinhos and Benatia first but I always thought that after it was clear we won't get them Mathieu was his prefered CB. Vermaelen was Zubi's choice though.

Anyway, it's not really important, Lucho clearly likes the old man and I do too.

xXKonan

[tw]833707865114284032[/tw]

Seems like we extended our priority to purchase for Yerry to after the WC 2018, which confirms the rumors we will buy him in the summer of 2018.

xXKonan

Never seen him play bar that video two posts back but from that alone he doesnt look great on the ball at all.
From the impressions I get from people who watch him on a daily basis is he's really good for his age and he's tall(Taller than Pique) and fast and strong. Never really got any impressions on his ball playing skills however.

What he reminds me of going by the videos I watch is Chelsea's Kurt Zouma. Both are the same age and both are Tall,Strong and Physical beasts but Kurt is awful on the ball. I need to see more of Yerry to get a gauge on his ball playing skills myself.

khaled_a_d

Seems like we extended our priority to purchase for Yerry to after the WC 2018, which confirms the rumors we will buy him in the summer of 2018.

He will almost be 24 after the 2018 WC coming from SA to Barca? I don't know that doesn't really getting me excited

xXKonan

He will almost be 24 after the 2018 WC coming from SA to Barca? I don't know that doesn't really getting me excited
I think this is because Yerry wants the minutes in order to make the 2018 Colombia WC squad and he's probably worried he won't get the minutes if he came during the middle of the season (January 2018).

And another thing we have to look at is would he be compatible with Umtiti for example? I think both would be to close in style to be both effective.

khaled_a_d

I think this is because Yerry wants the minutes in order to make the 2018 Colombia WC squad and he's probably worried he won't get the minutes if he came during the middle of the season (January 2018).

And another thing we have to look at is would he be compatible with Umtiti for example? I think both would be to close in style to be both effective.

Well,considering that Roberto doesn't seem a fan of him I think he better stay their in 2018 anyway, can see Roberto going for Davinson again this summer and if it happened would be better to pass on Yerri if Marlon & a new CB succeeded here

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well,considering that Roberto doesn't seem a fan of him I think he better stay their in 2018 anyway, can see Roberto going for Davinson again this summer and if it happened would be better to pass on Yerri if Marlon & a new CB succeeded here

I kind of hope he does go for Davinson. He's been really impressive at Ajax from what I've heard. A physical beast of a player along with being great on the ball.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Davinson,Lemos,Malang sarr seemed to be up Robert's alley when it comes to CBs. Yerry was very likely scouted and well liked by our South American scouts, Miguel Rico mentioned back in December was it? that Robert at the time has yet to watch Yerry play.

I think Yerry to the club was one of those "To good" to pass up kinda deals regardless if he fits the Barca CB style. He's talented without a doubt and many consider him the best CB in Brazil last season, it's not like it's some random player we are following.

I feel like we are in a good spot when it comes to CBs. Which is good considering for a time all we had was Pique-Mascherano, a Puyol who was aging and injury prone and a very raw Bartra, who everyone seemed to debate whether or not he was top level talent and lets not forget playing Song as a CB and at times even Busi.

Messi983

Never seen him play bar that video two posts back but from that alone he doesnt look great on the ball at all.

Agree, I wasn't impressed with his ball skills either but maybe it's just his height that makes him looks clumsy on the ball. Not anyone with his height can look as elegant on the ball as Pique.

I don't really care about that. If he's good enough he can still give us 6-8 years on top level. If he's not then we can sell him with minimal loss or maybe even with profit after a few years. That's IF we'll really buy him in first place. Maybe we'll just give up on him next summer and try to carry over his buy option to one of the other younger Palmeiras players.

[MENTION=19222]xXKonan[/MENTION] is probably right why Mina would prefer to stay at Palmeiras because of WC 2018 but as mentioned in one of my previous posts I think another reason why we won't bring him in January (this could still happen obviously but I don't think it's very likely unless we'll buy him in January 2018 and loan him back to Palmeiras until summer; but that will probably only happen if we'd seen a risk to lose him to another club) as first speculated is because of our non-EU spots situation. We currently have Suarez and Neymar and if we are really planning on buying someone like Davinson Sanchez/Lemos or maybe even Coutinho this summer then we'll have all three spots used. The same if we decide to promote and keep Marlon in first team. Ney and/or Suarez could maybe get their Spanish passport soon although I didn't seen this reported anywhere but club knows what their current situation regarding getting spanish citizenship is better and we can't just buy a player and then not have a place for him. Mina probably also wouldn't accept a loan to another Spanish/European club in January if we'd buy him then.

Home of Barca Fans