Yerry Mina

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
While he will be 4th CB nominally, it's really only Pique who is in front of him as rcb.

If he turns out to be half the player (and leader) Mascherano is; we will be lucky.

Barcilliant

I hope he turns out to be a beast. An Umtiti Mina CB partnership? Total cost under 40 million. That's great scouting...,if it happens.

Messi983

Welcome Yerry!

65737272.jpg

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/footbal...transfer-of-yerry-mina-palmeiras-fc-barcelona

M

MessiCam

I can understand the pessimism about Mina as nobody, me included, has taken the time to watch any of his games but at 11.8 Million it's a very low risk transfer.

http://footballia.net/players/yerry-fernando-mina-gonzalez

Here are a few games of which he's featured in. Sign up and watch. I will be watching a few over the weekend.

Last edited:

Messi983

Understand the hesitation some of you have about Mina, but I think that is the point of getting him in January
We have 3 established CB right now, if Vermaelen stay healthy (hopefully) Mina won't have time against tougher teams but the club -and to less extent fans- will have the time to assess him and assess the CB situation afterwards.
If he proved to be magnificent signing we could stay put next summer, monitor the likes of De ligt along our own Cuenca until Vermaelen contract expires, if he shows weakness we could be into the market for a new CB.
Although, if it is the later and Vermaelen go back to his former self we could be in trouble

Agree with what you said though I think it would be smart to cash on Vermaelen in summer. If he stays healthy for the rest of the season I think we could get around 8-10m for him and then replace him with someone younger and less injury prone. Probably better than keep him for another season and hope he'll stay healthy again before letting him go for free.

I think Cuenca is still around 3 years away from the first team (if he'll even make it) and by then he could possibly replace Pique. Not taking over him as a starter obviously (though this could happen too potentially) but just be a part of CB rotation when Pique will leave/retire. I think he has a lot of ambitions in his life so don't expect him to play for too long and could see his new contract (rumoured to be until 2021) being his last one.

Flavius

Ok, at this price in the current market I can say it.s a fabulous deal. :))

Hope it will be at least half of Umtiti's quality.

1,95m is crazy high. :)

khaled_a_d

Agree with what you said though I think it would be smart to cash on Vermaelen in summer. If he stays healthy for the rest of the season I think we could get around 8-10m for him and then replace him with someone younger and less injury prone. Probably better than keep him for another season and hope he'll stay healthy again before letting him go for free.

I think Cuenca is still around 3 years away from the first team (if he'll even make it) and by then he could possibly replace Pique. Not taking over him as a starter obviously (though this could happen too potentially) but just be a part of CB rotation when Pique will leave/retire. I think he has a lot of ambitions in his life so don't expect him to play for too long and could see his new contract (rumoured to be until 2021) being his last one.

Dont disagree with what you said, and in fact I argued we should cash on Vermaelen next summer as it will be the best interest of both us and the player (who can have a 3 or 4 year deal rather than 1) but thinking how the club operates I would think that if stayed healthy this year we might keep him for another one.
Regarding Cuenca, not his biggest fan but the club bought him with big ambitions and he is now a semi-starter in B team, if Barca B stayed in Segunda I think Cuenca will be monitored closely for first team next year depending on his development

Home of Barca Fans