Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
yerry-mina-segundo-fichaje-del-barcelona-mercado-invierno-1515411757930.jpg

Welcome to Barcelona

>Call for Bartomeu's head
>Treble

>Call for Bartomeu's head
>Dembele, Coutinho, Mina and of course PaulinGOAT.

Moral of the story: call for Bartomeu's head every summer.

Last edited:

Total-Football

i don't understand the idea of signing a mertsacker-slow player to play in a high defensive line... you can see how much Pique struggles sometimes despite being faster than this Mina and miles ahead technique-Wise. I prefer the idea of buying defensive midfielders and convert them to CB's because that worked for Mascherano and i'm 100% it would work with any talented DM. Anyway if he doesn't contribute at least he's bringing the fun-entertainment value.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
i don't understand the idea of signing a mertsacker-slow player to play in a high defensive line... you can see how much Pique struggles sometimes despite being faster than this Mina and miles ahead technique-Wise. I prefer the idea of buying defensive midfielders and convert them to CB's because that worked for Mascherano and i'm 100% it would work with any talented DM. Anyway if he doesn't contribute at least he's bringing the fun-entertainment value.

The worst that can happen is we sell him for 50-60mil in a year or so.

Nothanks

He doesn't seem that slow to me in the few national team games i've seen from him?

El Flaco

[tw]951233871311405056[/tw]

Says Barça will pay 12.4 million euros (10 for Palmeiras, 1.8 for Santa Fe and 0.6 for training rights).

xXKonan

There's clearly a lack of South Americans on this forum. Nobody seems to have seen him actually play.
Here's Simon Edwards thoughts on Yerry.

[tw]950883583119581185[/tw]

It's a long thread so I will just post the quotes instead of the tweets.

1. Yerry Mina was born in the city of Guachené 30km from Cali.

The city has a population of around 20,000 and the average family income is less than US$100 a month.

In 2016 he established Fundación Yerry Mina with his father, which supports 1,600 children and 400 adults. (2)

2.Yerry Mina made his debut for Deportivo Pasto in 2013 at the age of 19.

He caught the eye for his height, his physical stature, his speed and his technical ability.

At the start of the career he played both as a central defender and as a ball winning midfielder. (3)

3.For the second season of the year, Yerry Mina began to establish himself as a first team regular

He was dominant at both ends of the field scoring some important goals and covering superbly in defense

Santa Fe won the second league championship of 2014 and lost in the cup final

4.Throughout 2015 Mina showed he was more than just physically superior to his opponents, leading Santa Fe in a superb season

The side won the Supercopa and the Copa Sudamericana, with Mina as the stand out player for his superhuman defensive work and unstoppable attacking headers

5.He began 2016 again on superb form, scoring two goals in one game of the Libertadores group stage

In May he joined Brazilian giants Palmeiras on a five year contract, celebrating with a debut goal

He finished 2016 as Brazilian league champion and as one of players of the season

6.Individual achievements:

2015 Best young player Copa Libertadores

2015 Team of Copa Sudamericana

2015 Team of the year Colombia

2016 Team of the year Brazil

2016 CB of the year Brazil

2016 Team of the Americas

2017 CB of the year Brazil

2017 Team of Copa Libertadores

7. In 2016 he made his full Colombia international debut & featured at the Copa America Centenario in the summer of that year

He has since established himself as a vital member of the defense, currently ahead of Tottenham’s Davinson Sanchez

He has 3 goals in 8 games for Colombia

8.While stands out for his flamboyant dance moves and his joyous demeanor, he is also a born winner.

Very few defenders score more vitally important goals and make so many superb recovery challenges.

He lifts those around him with his personality, confidence & commitment.

9.In summary;

- Incredibly strong

- Good acceleration over 5 yards, excellent over 10+ with his long strides

- Great ball winner

- Combative

- Lifts the dressing room & drives team

- Brings ball out well

- Slips some very nice passes

- Incredible in the air

- Born winner

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He might be a bit biased though since he covers Colombian football and lives in Medellin lol.

Either way this is not a high risk transfer. IF he succeeds and all that is true it could turn out to be an even bigger bargain than Umtiti considering how the market is.

There is something very intriguing about having such a tall and physical dominant CB. Pique is tall too, but he's more of a finesse player to put it that way.

Not to forget we now can tap into the potential of that Colombian market too :bartomeu:

Those guys there crazy about their players playing for big clubs like James. Barca instantly second biggest foreign club there after Bayern I bet :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans