Yerry Mina

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think he will get many minutes but he's not a kid anymore to need to play constantly to grow.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Mina and Paulinho our Plan B to unlock defences.

Corners, crosses might start working now :alba:

Messi983

Don't think he will get many minutes but he's not a kid anymore to need to play constantly to grow.

That's true but he still needs minutes to adapt to our style. And with our good lead in La Liga we could actually afford that. I also think we should see what we have in Mina before making a decision about which CB we'll bring in summer. If he'll prove to be a reliable 3rd CB we can maybe buy another younger defender like De Ligt. If he'll struggle then maybe it's better to bring someone with more experience or maybe even keep Vermaelen for another season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
That's true but he still needs minutes to adapt to our style. And with our good lead in La Liga we could actually afford that. I also think we should see what we have in Mina before making a decision about which CB we'll bring in summer. If he'll prove to be a reliable 3rd CB we can maybe buy another younger defender like De Ligt. If he'll struggle then maybe it's better to bring someone with more experience or maybe even keep Vermaelen for another season.

Vermaelen deserves another season either way.
But you are right, with our lead Mina could play more than he would normally.

Zincubus

Banned

I've already seen reports that he'll be given starts this season to prove himself and if he's found wanting he will be loaned out to get experience .... Surprisingif true as I've seen people raving about him and so I half expected him to be a starter soon ...

FC B

It looks to me Barca's board is actually gone too much the other way around, they sign maybe too tall defenders like him and mathieu after years of having relatively short ones, especially in the center of defence.
I don't feel Mina will be a Umtiti like transfer but hope I'm wrong.

God Serena

I see no reason why he wouldn't get a good amount of minutes. Mascherano is well past it if Levante is anything to go by and should be leaving this window anyways, and Verm is one bad tip-toe away from landing on the injury list again, and we can't play every game with Pique and Umtiti...

FC433

He should get as many playing time as possible because there are not many decent options out there. If he is not good enough, we need to secure Ajax's CB.

FinBarcelonafan

I see no reason why he wouldn't get a good amount of minutes. Mascherano is well past it if Levante is anything to go by and should be leaving this window anyways, and Verm is one bad tip-toe away from landing on the injury list again, and we can't play every game with Pique and Umtiti...

Masch was good vs Levante, but he is leaving, so we need a replacement for him.

Messi983

Vermaelen deserves another season either way.
But you are right, with our lead Mina could play more than he would normally.

He does but I still don't believe he can stay fit for a whole season. If he'll keep up his good form and possibly have a good WC too then he'll probably generate interest from EPL clubs (he still has a good name there) and maybe it would be better to cash on him - whatever we can get - instead of keeping him for another season and then let him go for free when his contract expires.

Raketa10

Still no news. Some journalists said he’ll be in Barcelona today and presented tommorow but so far nothing official.

He does but I still don't believe he can stay fit for a whole season. If he'll keep up his good form and possibly have a good WC too then he'll probably generate interest from EPL clubs (he still has a good name there) and maybe it would be better to cash on him - whatever we can get - instead of keeping him for another season and then let him go for free when his contract expires.

If he continues to play like this and stays healthy I would definitely keep him for another season.

BarçaBarça

I fully agree. If we in any way can get a decent fee for Vermaelen this summer, we should do it! He can get injured at any time, so unless we are actually prepared to play with Mina + some Barca-B youngsters (or Marlon) we should sell.

Bringing Mina in will ease the pressure on our wage-structure, which is a very good side-effect of Mascherano leaving.

EDIT: Haha, Vermaelen out from training with a (very) small injury, as we discuss him :lol: How confident are people that we should keep him now?
(It will be completely unpredictable when he will be fit if he stays next season, imo)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans