Yerry Mina

Albo

Was really good today. Barca would be foolish not to use their 9 million option on him.

Yannik

never heard of this guy, then again I don't watch brazilian football. What's he like? Any comparable player?

xXKonan

never heard of this guy, then again I don't watch brazilian football. What's he like? Any comparable player?
He's tall (6'4) and Physically strong and good with the ball at his feet.

If I had to compare him to someone with similar skill sets and Physical attributes I would say perhaps Boateng?

navidjaan

Looks very clumsy, but apparently pretty good. Not sure he's that needed though, as we have Marlon and Pique as the two big CB types.

khaled_a_d

Looks very clumsy, but apparently pretty good. Not sure he's that needed though, as we have Marlon and Pique as the two big CB types.

Marlon isn't really a big CB at 185,That is pretty much the normal length/size for CB. Yerry is 195cm while Pique is 192 so that is totally different level of "big" than Marlon.
Though overall I get your point,it is really rare to be that tall and being able to be fast (at least Pique fast) or able to play in a more advanced defensive line like us.
Interesting player to put an eye onto nevertheless.

navidjaan

Marlon isn't really a big CB at 185,That is pretty much the normal length/size for CB. Yerry is 195cm while Pique is 192 so that is totally different level of "big" than Marlon.
Though overall I get your point,it is really rare to be that tall and being able to be fast (at least Pique fast) or able to play in a more advanced defensive line like us.
Interesting player to put an eye onto nevertheless.

Yeah, definitely. But I would definitely prefer Davinson Sanchez over Mina. Better imo, fits Ajax (so fits us) and more versatile (fast AND good in the air).

khaled_a_d

Yeah, definitely. But I would definitely prefer Davinson Sanchez over Mina. Better imo, fits Ajax (so fits us) and more versatile (fast AND good in the air).

Well,how many times we would accept a No from Davinson b4 we give up on him :lol:
We had a deal to sign him last summer and he rejected to join B team,offered him loan and still said no and eventually offered him a spot in 1st team and he still refused.
I hope he just thought Ajax is better for his development at this stage and he has nothing against us(i.e I hope he isn't RM fan) because there was rumors we are actually still after him.Robert seem like huge fan.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why would Pep Segura travel there though? He's responsible for the youth section.

xXKonan

Why would Pep Segura travel there though? He's responsible for the youth section.
Well they also say he was there to also visit his son who lives in Rio.

MD also posted this a couple of days ago (Credit goes to Barcabstuff for the translations).

[1/2] Pep Boada is in charge of scouting players for Barcelona, possibly for the B team, at the South American U20 Championship. [md]

[2/2] If Barcelona B win promotion to Segunda A, the club will try to strengthen the team with two or three talented foreign youngsters.

it's unrelated but we have some guys in South America as well looking at players already.

Last edited:
F

FlaFCB

Well sorry for the Triple Post.

But according to MD, we will sign Yerry, in January 2018.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...as-yerry-mina-fichaje-central-colombiano.html

The main reasons for this is Palmeiras gets to keep him a bit longer so they will have a chance to be able to win the Copa Libertadores.

No problem with triple posts when they're so far apart in time :)

Libertadores had a change in format. It's more like the UCL now. It will be from January to November, instead of being from February to July.

Home of Barca Fans