Yerry Mina

Messi983

Xavi Torres though isn't a fan of Yerry by the sounds of it and wants to club to not be baited by the low cost right now.

I understand his concerns and think there are currently some internal doubts/debates about Mina in the club as well. We are following other talented CBs with probably more upside and most of them have experience in top European leagues or even CL at younger age than Mina. But on the other hand we can get him for 9M which is nothing in todays market. Buy him and give him a year or two to see how he'll do. There are other good clubs like Dortmund with known and successful scouting departments interested in him so I don't believe he'll turn into a new Douglas. Of course he could still not be good enough (or won't fit to our defense) for Barça but in that case we can probably at least recuperate money invested in him and if he'll succeed then we'll get another steal like we did with MATS and Umtiti. God knows we need some more of this.

Another factor to consider with Mina signing is that we could be affraid we might lose our other top CB target (De Ligt?) in summer if Mina comes in now and will adapt quickly and play good in second half of the season. De Ligt (or another younger CB) would probably think twice about coming here if we'd have two established starting CBs and another younger already behind them so he'd start as a 4th CB. Of course we could promise to also give him playing time as DM when Busquets would be rested but he would still get much more guaranteed minutes in other clubs like Dortmund so he could go the Dembele way. Though with Bosz not in Dortmund anymore they could now be a bit less attractive option for De Ligt.

Of course a solution to prevent that would be to buy both De Ligt and Mina now and let De Ligt on loan at Ajax until summer (or just buy him now for summer). Or buy De Ligt in January and Mina in summer as it was first planned but that's unlikely.

Porque

Mina won't get European minutes if we keep stalling his move to Europe.

He is worth the gamble as a 3rd/4th option. Atleast he has no language barrier.

At worst he can be loaned for LaLiga experience next season.

Barcilliant

One of the problems is Valverde himself.

He just refuses to take any chances. I have not seen any effort on Valverdes part to develop any players.

Xaviniesta

Think of all the new Colombian Barca fans Bartomeu will get from this signing

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/GivingHeartyGeese' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' width='628' height='352' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

ronniecro

so even if we buy him in the summer he certainly won't be in the squad due to lack of experience which means we will surely send him on loan,ridiculous

Yannik

Think of all the new Colombian Barca fans Bartomeu will get from this signing

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/GivingHeartyGeese' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' width='628' height='352' allowfullscreen></iframe>

53af9d72876d7.gif

God I love the World Cup

Barcilliant

Would be a good move IMO. Him him some minutes in Copa and some game time against weaker Liga teams.

He is a talent but I hope Valverde doesn't bench him or send him on loan.

xXKonan

I do find it a bit funny how Journalists are talking about how Barca is worried about his lack of EU experience which to be fair is a good point but the part I find funny however is they proceed to write articles about how we consider de Ligt a possible January option.

de Ligt who's 18 years old and is in his second full season, playing for Ajax. Like I get it he's talented and all but he's only 18 and this is his second full time season at the top level, we shouldn't be blowing 40 million for him off the bat right now considering he's at the age that he needs to be playing.

Yerry will need some time to get adapted but it's better right now just to fork over the 9-12 million for Yerry than blowing 40+ Million on a 18 year old kid.

xXKonan

MD "Claims" Dortmund offered 25 million for Yerry and if we don't raise our offer he could be sold to them this winter.

lol what a bunch of Bologna.

khaled_a_d

I do find it a bit funny how Journalists are talking about how Barca is worried about his lack of EU experience which to be fair is a good point but the part I find funny however is they proceed to write articles about how we consider de Ligt a possible January option.

de Ligt who's 18 years old and is in his second full season, playing for Ajax. Like I get it he's talented and all but he's only 18 and this is his second full time season at the top level, we shouldn't be blowing 40 million for him off the bat right now considering he's at the age that he needs to be playing.

Yerry will need some time to get adapted but it's better right now just to fork over the 9-12 million for Yerry than blowing 40+ Million on a 18 year old kid.

De Ligt is far more proven on the European level tbf, I would take Eredivisie over Brazilian league and he has also played in Europa league team that reached the finals at the age of 17.
For his age he is far more proven than Mina, and it is normal that a guy like that would cost an arm and leg. Those young relatively proven players are the most expensive players in today market. gone those days that players aged 26-29 like Zidane and Figo becoming most expensive

Home of Barca Fans