Yerry Mina

BBZ8800

If Paulinho can adapt and walk into our starting midfield, Yerry Mina might very well be capable of doing the same thing in defense

Except that Paulinho as a person seems to be extremely mature, he is aged 29 and in his career he has already traveled half of the world and had to adapt to life and football in:
1. Lithuania
2. Poland
3. 3 Brasilian clubs
4. England
5. China
6. Barcelona

Yerry played only in Colombia and Brasil, on the other hand.
And he is aged 23.
I am not saying that he won't adapt. Who knows?

But don't draw comparisons with Paulinho.
That guy really is a special case in terms of mental strength and in a terms of adaptability.

Messi983

Expecting Mina to walk into our best XI is a bit too much. I will be happy if he will adapt in second half of this season (signing him before the end of this year and then give him some playing time in Copa games in January would be ideal) and then become a reliable 3rd CB next season when we'll (most likely) buy another younger CB. If he can at the end push Pique for his spot and either finally take it from him or make Pique to focus 100% on football again and get another year or two at the top level out of him then even better. But for now I just hope Mina can adapt quickly.

I was always for bringing one CB (Mina or another one) in January and other one in summer even before it was clear that Masche will leave now because I think it would be hard and possibly dangerous to try integrate two new CBs (probably both of them also without really top level experience) at the same time. If one will be here 6 months earlier then that transition could be a bit easier.

Raketa10

Mina for Mascherano :unsure:

I must admit I am a bit skeptical over this transfer. I am also not happy with him taking the non EU spot. IMHO non EU spots should be reserved for really great players and not squad players like Paulinho or Mina. If Coutinho is out target than we can incorporate only one of Mina/Arthur.

Last edited:

xXKonan

TV3, Cadena Ser all saying Mina is chosen to be Mascherano's replacement.

[tw]940612102884085761[/tw]

[tw]940600126934061056[/tw]

xXKonan

Cat radio said the club is worried about his lack of experience as he never played in europe.

They also mention they will have to renegotiate with Palmeiras so we have a chance at signing him in January. one of the main reasons the club wants to sign him however is because of his price. Xavi Torres though isn't a fan of Yerry by the sounds of it and wants to club to not be baited by the low cost right now.

Home of Barca Fans