Yerry Mina

Devils

I'd rather just sign someone who can replace them than hope Mina somehow learns how to play defense. Cuenca is more likely to develop into Barca quality than Mina is, and I don't even like Cuenca...

Barca and Madrid's strategy these days seem more focused on signing young players and hoping they work out. i.e. Dembele, Arthur, Umtiti, Mina, Malcolm, Semedo, Gomes etc.

The thing is, if we are to need another CB or two in a years time we'll probably make another Marlon or Yerry profile signing as opposed to big money alternative i.e. Van Dijk or Laporte type.

Might end up back at square one.

MTL_Barca

[tw]1021776390448979968[/tw]

Says Lyon are offering 30 million for Yerry.

Does Lyon have that much money that they can just splash it on an unproven defender? Would be surprising, would've thought only PL clubs throw money around like that.

Doubt its really true but if it is we need to sell. I don't even think he's that bad and i wouldn't mind keeping (loaning) him but 30M is so much money and we could go for a better CB next summer even for like 50M if we need to.

Making around 15M profit for just keeping him half a season would be too good to pass on, if a loan doesn't work out we risk talking about selling him for 10M next year.

Its also a nice opportunity for him, if he doesn't believe in making it at Barca thats probably his best chance because of the WC performance. He seems to be a cool guy so i wish him all the best but i don't think he would ever be starter material at Barca.

God Serena

Barca and Madrid's strategy these days seem more focused on signing young players and hoping they work out. i.e. Dembele, Arthur, Umtiti, Mina, Malcolm, Semedo, Gomes etc.

The thing is, if we are to need another CB or two in a years time we'll probably make another Marlon or Yerry profile signing as opposed to big money alternative i.e. Van Dijk or Laporte type.

Might end up back at square one.

Square one is generally where you end up when a major project fails. No point giving CPR to a corpse.

PhilS

How is lengler better than him? Serious question because I'm sure 99% of us know about as much about him as we did/do about mina

All I know is that Mina is bound to be a lot better for some other club than he will ever be for Barca. It's time to try again, this time with Lenglet.

GOAT_SUAREZ

I don't buy the 30M offer but even if it's 20M I would sell. He simply doesn't have a future here especially not with us going for de Ligt next summer probably.

FC433

He should go to Lyon and we should make it easy for them. Lyon and Ajax are the teams that we should do our best to keep a healthy relationship with.

Messi983

Be serious, Lyon won't pay 30M for Mina. Nowadays they are selling club who look for cheap players and sell them for profit. Club record transfer is Lisandro Lopez for 24M€ in 2009 and their most expensive transfer in last 5 years is Memphis Depay (16M€ in 2016).

Also, didn't Aulas said a few days ago they are not interested in Mina? Could be just a negotiating tactic though and they have interest but not for the rumoured price.

Some rumors coming forth than United are interested in him and are considering a bid.

If United is really interested our asking price should be 50M.

He should go to Lyon and we should make it easy for them. Lyon and Ajax are the teams that we should do our best to keep a healthy relationship with.

What did you mean with this?

Home of Barca Fans