Yerry Mina

Windhook

If he's not good enough, he's just not good enough.

I remember this forum had the same discussion about Gomes last summer when we should have sold him.

Well, Gomes is still adapting to Barcelona 24 months later, why wouldn't Mina be given the same treatment?:lol:

God Serena

The EPL is probably a better place for him. He's less likely to fall on his back when he tries to shadow someone with basic dribbling skills because there's a lot less of that over there.

God Serena

I'd sell him for 25m. I'd keep him otherwise.

No point keeping a 5th choice CB, he'd at best be able to hope for early Copa minutes and those should really be going to a B team CB. With Valverde apparently being impressed by Cuenca in training I Wouldn't be surprised to see that 5th spot go to him while he plays with Pimienta.

serghei

No point keeping a 5th choice CB, he'd at best be able to hope for early Copa minutes and those should really be going to a B team CB. With Valverde apparently being impressed by Cuenca in training I Wouldn't be surprised to see that 5th spot go to him while he plays with Pimienta.

We could sell one of Vermaelen or Mina depending on the offer. The one who stays will be 4th choice CB. It's important to have a 4th choice CB that can still be counted on. Mina can't be compared with some kid from Barca B. Come on... I know you hate him... but still.

God Serena

We could sell one of Vermaelen or Mina depending on the offer. The one who stays will be 4th choice CB. It's important to have a 4th choice CB that can still be counted on. Mina can't be compared with some kid from Barca B. Come on... I know you hate him... but still.

1.) Pique
2.) Umtiti
3.) Lenglet
4.) Vermaelen

Which of these would Mina be a better option than? At best he'd be 5th choice, and at that point it isn't about comparing him to a B team player, it's about using valuable minutes with little meaning on players who actually have potential, or could use the first team experience to improve and help the B team.

serghei

1.) Pique
2.) Umtiti
3.) Lenglet
4.) Vermaelen

Which of these would Mina be a better option than? At best he'd be 5th choice, and at that point it isn't about comparing him to a B team player, it's about using valuable minutes with little meaning on players who actually have potential, or could use the first team experience to improve and help the B team.

Depends on the state of Vermaelen. if he leaves or if he gets injured. But, yes, if we keep Vermaelen Mina can be sold basically, for a good sum.

God Serena

Depends on the state of Vermaelen. if he leaves or if he gets injured. But, yes, if we keep Vermaelen Mina can be sold basically, for a good sum.

We'll probably be just fine if our 4th choice CB gets injured, just as we have in seasons past with him occupying that role. Tbh I don't even think we need our 4th choice to be that reliable anyways, as finding yourself needing him to step up is as unlucky as finding yourself starting a CL knockout with your backup keeper.

serghei

We'll probably be just fine if our 4th choice CB gets injured, just as we have in seasons past with him occupying that role. Tbh I don't even think we need our 4th choice to be that reliable anyways, as finding yourself needing him to step up is as unlucky as finding yourself starting a CL knockout with your backup keeper.

And if it does happen it would be nice not to end up with the Pinto of defenders stepping in. But the good part is that I think Vermaelen has been fit last season for the most part.

Home of Barca Fans