Messi sentenced to 21 months in probation

goope

Sky News Newsdesk @SkyNewsBreak
#LionelMessi and his father have been sentenced to 21 months in jail for tax fraud but won't serve a prison sentence under Spanish law
www.twitter.com/skynewsbreak

I don't know the laws in other country, but in Spain it works as follows: if you don't have criminal records, you won't go to jail if you get a sentence of less than 2 years. So when there are cases like this (that is, somebody with no criminal records like Messi) the lawyers in general will be able to achieve a sentence below 24 months (kek at those cheeky 21 months).

In any case it's quite common. For regular people with everyday "normal" crimes it happens, usually judges are not assholes.

So yes, even if he is Messi and he is filthy rich, it's a common thing to go under 24 months for the first sentence.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He won't go to jail that's the bottom line.
Messi father should go to jail though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Our club has issued a statement supporting Messi:

FC Barcelona gives all its support to Leo Messi and his father with relation to the sentence for tax evasion handed out by the Provincial Court in Barcelona today.

The Club, in agreement with the Government prosecution service, considers that the player, who has corrected his position with the Spanish Tax Office, is in no way criminally responsible with regards to the facts underlined in this case.

FC Barcelona continues to be at the disposal of Leo Messi and his family to support him in whatever action he decides to take in defence of his honesty and his legal interests."

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
FC Barcelona should definitely support Messi.... He is definitely the biggest reason for the recent success.

But, I get the feeling that the club pledging their support to Messi, in this case, could affect us very, very badly. We already have a Masch who said he don't feel well supported by the club for not helping him with his tax fraud. We have Neymar Jr who I think would have actually committed a bigger tax fraud than Messi, probably a humongous one at that!

Last edited:

Total-Football

Celebrity priviliege.. him and neymar should be in prison.. or at the very least their fathers as their representatives.

F

Flavia

[tw]751788243880935425[/tw]

The club started a campaing supporting him. I'm a bit worried, with the epl rumors hovering again.

Sterlingfan2000

This campaign will backfire. And why not support him before the trial, now he have been found guilty. The timing is so wrong ... Bartemeu at its best

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans