Barcelona ordered to repay €47m over invalid land sale

Neeraj

"A Spanish court has ruled that Barcelona have to pay €47 million over a land deal from 2005 which has been deemed invalid, in what is the latest case to pit the current Blaugrana board against the previous regime lead by Joan Laporta."

"Barca sold the 10,000 hectare suburban site at Can Rigalt for €28.6m a decade ago, with the understanding that it could be developed for residential and commercial use. However, the purchasers Inmobiliaria Mar were unable to go through with the project.

"A court has annulled that deal and ruled that Barca must repay the purchase price, along with legal costs and interest, in a judgment which ruled that the club had not fulfilled all the requirements agreed at the time."

"The news was confirmed by the Camp Nou outfit, who explained in a statement that the proceeds of the sale were used by the then club president Laporta to balance that year's accounts."

http://www.espn.in/football/barcelona/story/2907797/barcelona-ordered-to-repay-%E2%82%AC47m-by-spanish-court-over-invalid-land-sale

You've got to be kidding me...

mampilly

"A Spanish court has ruled that Barcelona have to pay €47 million over a land deal from 2005 which has been deemed invalid, in what is the latest case to pit the current Blaugrana board against the previous regime lead by Joan Laporta."

"Barca sold the 10,000 hectare suburban site at Can Rigalt for €28.6m a decade ago, with the understanding that it could be developed for residential and commercial use. However, the purchasers Inmobiliaria Mar were unable to go through with the project.

"A court has annulled that deal and ruled that Barca must repay the purchase price, along with legal costs and interest, in a judgment which ruled that the club had not fulfilled all the requirements agreed at the time."

"The news was confirmed by the Camp Nou outfit, who explained in a statement that the proceeds of the sale were used by the then club president Laporta to balance that year's accounts."

http://www.espn.in/football/barcelona/story/2907797/barcelona-ordered-to-repay-%E2%82%AC47m-by-spanish-court-over-invalid-land-sale

You've got to be kidding me...

it may affect our transfer policies this year

FC B

If true and if Barca must pay now it is a must to sell some players in order to cover the debt and still be able to sign a few new players.

BigBarcaBoy

Would like to see how they got to 47 million, if the Spanish economy is anything to go by i would ask for a recalculation. Don't see any players being sold though.

Alik

47 million euros is a considerable sum. This will hurt.

It just doesn't stop does it?

frog-fcb

I might be wrong but should the buyers not have conducted surveys etc before actually buying the ground

M

Messi+Eto

The Spanish government, really hitting hard these days. . .

BBZ8800

And soon up to additional 17 Millions to be paid to DIS, which we agreed in the new Neymar's deal a few days ago.

So, from 2 weeks ago, we now have to pay additional 47M for a land sale+7M (at least) to 17M (maximum amount) to DIS as a part of new problems in Ney's (original) transfer from Santos to Barca.
Minumum 54 additional Millions.
Maximum 64 additional Millions.

Also, we signed a new deal with Ney which broke club's records.
Plus, Messi will probably ask for a renewal also (because of Ney and because of Messi's tax problems).

Things aren't looking too good for our financial structure in upcoming summers.

Basically, we have just lost one new extra signing worth 64 Millions, or two new guys like Umtiti for 32+32 Millions.

Last edited:

Devils

I'm sure we are in the process of negotiating other shady deals with Qatar + South America to help cover the expenses incurred by these previous shady deals.

Neeraj

You know how, sometimes, you keep hearing of terrible things and you get desensitized to them? I feel like I've seen and read so much of this shit over the last couple of years, it's not even hitting me as hard as it should. SO frustrating.

Home of Barca Fans