FC Barcelona to face Sampdoria in Gamper Trophy game

Pablo Escobar

FCBarcelona.com said:
Sampdoria will be FC Barcelona’s opponents in the 51st edition of the Joan Gamper Trophy on 10 August at Camp Nou, kick off scheduled for 8.30pm CET. It will be the first home game of the 2016/17 campaign for Luis Enrique’s team and following tradition, the first team will be presented to the fans prior to the game.
Barça and the Italian club will meet in the traditional season curtain raiser at Camp Nou in the campaign which marks 25 years since the blaugranes victory over the Serie A team in the European Cup final at Wembley, the first in the Club’s history.
The fans and members who wish to attend the game can buy tickets from 10.00am CET on Friday 1 July. They will be priced between 25 and 89 Euros and can be purchased via the Club’s website, fcbarcelona.com and the Club’s ticket offices.
As is customary for the Joan Gamper Trophy game, the Club is offering a 25% discount for FC Barcelona members and a 15% discount for Supporters’ Club members.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/footbal...6/fcbarcelona-to-face-sampdoria-gamper-trophy

1.Sampdoria again!?
2.Wasn't it Ajax?
3.Nobody cares to play in this game anymore? :D

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I was hoping Ajax because of Cruyff.

But... We did win our first European Cup against Sampdoria. Under Cruyff.

Galning

Ajax didn't want to because it was too late into their pre-season or something along those lines. Anyways, Sampdoria again is pretty boring. Shouldn't be hard to find another team of that calibre wanting to play us. Even if it is an away game for them.

Pablo Escobar

I'm interested to see if the reason we can't get new teams is that we thrashed ones like Santos, Leon or Napoli lately.

I didn't see the Sampdoria one especially because they didn't interest me and I remember how bad it was against City when we were lining up youngsters and they preferred to defend as if it was a Champions League SF against out best XI.

Home of Barca Fans