Marko Pjaca

Nucky

Beside Barca my other love is FK Partizan since I'm half serbian on my mothers side.. But when it comes to transfers on Balkan, then Dinamo Zagreb are number one.. Though Serbia isn't soo far behind, but you just have to admire Dinamo.. They are selling their stars for 25M.. Pure class bussiness..

Nucky

Yes he is a criminal but you can't deny Dinamo are doing good under him.. If my memory is correct in the last 6 years, Dinamo played CL group stage 3 times and 2 times in Europa League.. They like play European games every season.. Wich is a big thing for Balkan clubs.. Even my Partizan doesn't play Europe every season..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Another one leaves so young....
We could have had Modrić,Kovacic-Badelj midfield with Pjaca, Halilović and Mandzukic up-front. Corluka-Lovren cbs, Vrsaljko rb...

Can't fit Brozović, Jedvaj..

Damn.. Just read we also sold some 18y.o. to Wolfsburg for 10 mil.

BBZ8800

Another one leaves so young....
We could have had Modrić,Kovacic-Badelj midfield with Pjaca, Halilović and Mandzukic up-front. Corluka-Lovren cbs, Vrsaljko rb...

Can't fit Brozović, Jedvaj..

Damn.. Just read we also sold some 18y.o. to Wolfsburg for 10 mil.

Dinamo Zagreb sells players for higher amounts that Barca :(
Dinamo's youth academy is almost better than Barca's lately.

khaled_a_d

Dinamo Zagreb sells players for higher amounts that Barca :(
Dinamo's youth academy is almost better than Barca's lately.

Lame comparison,they are selling club who sells their best players.we sell our dead weight.
And our academy has been good lately,it is the club not being able to use it has been crap. Bellerin,Icardi,Keita Balde,Sanabria,Thiago among others has been performing well outside the club.

BBZ8800

I just checked:
Pjaca 25M, Juventus 2016'
Kovacic 11M, Inter 2013'
Brozovic 8M, Inter 2015'
Simunovic 7,5M, Celtic 2015'
Brekalo 6M, Wolfsburg 2016'
Jedvaj 5M, Roma 2014'
Vida 5M, Dinamo Kyev 2013'
Vrsaljko 5M, Genoa 2014'
Badelj 4M, Hsv 2014'
=76,5M in the last 4 summers.

I didn't even count "peanuts" transfers like Halilovic's and similar for 1-2 Millions.
It is around 80-90M with those smaller transfers in the last 4 summers.

Really insane numbers for "a smaller" team and for a smaller football academy (compared to academies of filthy rich European superclubs).

BBZ8800

Lame comparison,they are selling club who sells their best players.we sell our dead weight.
And our academy has been good lately,it is the club not being able to use it has been crap. Bellerin,Icardi,Keita Balde,Sanabria,Thiago among others has been performing well outside the club.

Ok.
I am just sad when we can't get anything for some of our players, and yet, not long ago, we labelled them as the next big thing etc.

Adama 10M, and he'll never return.
Deulo, we will get some money for him.
Tello, we can't get almost anything.
Halilovic, the next Messi by some, gone for 5M, I am quite sure that's it from his Barca's career (unless he explodes there and we bring him back to resell him, but he would need to raise his worth to 15-20-25M, so that we would earn something after paying a buyback of 12,5M after a 2nd season. You know my opinion about Halil, so I don't think that we will earn new money for him, more or less).
Bartra, a future club's captain, 8M.
Sandro, free transfer.
Bojan, the next big thing. peanuts.

I know, we keep our Xavis and Iniestas who are worth 50-100M.
But prices of our 2nd tier players are quite disappointing, I think that a majority will agree on that.
And there isn't too much of a demand for our 2nd tier players (except cases like Pedro and Fab, but Pedro was a starter and Fab won Wcs and Euros).
So, even they aren't classic 2nd tier players from our team.

I never rated Bartra, but I hoped that we will get at least 15M for him one day.
We got 8.
Tello, I also hoped that we'll get some money. It seems that we will get 0m for him in the end and that he will leave for free one day.

I don't think that it is only a board's fault.
Imo, our Xavis/Iniestas/Busis are out of this world players.
But our 2nd tier products seem to be just meh. We overrate them a lot, but in majority of cases, they don't reach our expectations, plus other teams also aren't too interested in buying them.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans