Marlon Santos

khaled_a_d

I don't know if Mascherano is even capable of losing his starting spot though. If Lucho would keep Adriano/Mathieu as first subs for Alba no matter how many games they cause us to lose I find it easy to imagine him keeping Masche as starter no matter how he plays.

Tarin used to start every game for Barca B and was still ignored by Lucho. Not sure why Lopez doesn't play Tarin when the defense is in such a shambles now but Marlon's signing is definitely a major factor. If Lopez's contract is really running out at around the same time as Lucho's that would probably be the best for us all around, refreshing both the B and first teams.

This is speculation from my behalf but I think Lucho put too much into Barca B coach opinion which he should since he can't keep watching B team along doing his duties as 1st team coach. And probably b/c he was in that position b4
So while Tarin was playing last year I think this season shows that Gerard doesn't rate him highly as he is losing starting place to someone like Martinez who looks Mediocre.

Jallo

This is speculation from my behalf but I think Lucho put too much into Barca B coach opinion which he should since he can't keep watching B team along doing his duties as 1st team coach. And probably b/c he was in that position b4
So while Tarin was playing last year I think this season shows that Gerard doesn't rate him highly as he is losing starting place to someone like Martinez who looks Mediocre.

I would agree with your statement if it want for the fact that when Tarin has played his been better than Martinez.

xXKonan

A Much better translation from a part of the Cadena Ser article on us looking at Mina and us nearly buying Davinson back in the summer and getting Marlon on Loan.

[tw]788096108513886210[/tw]

If this is true seems like Technicians don't think the La Masia CB's that are coming through are Promising enough compared to the Likes of Mina-Davinson-Marlon etc.

Albo

A Much better translation from a part of the Cadena Ser article on us looking at Mina and us nearly buying Davinson back in the summer and getting Marlon on Loan.

[tw]788096108513886210[/tw]

If this is true seems like Technicians don't think the La Masia CB's that are coming through are Promising enough compared to the Likes of Mina-Davinson-Marlon etc.

Seems reasonable. Shame Barca couldn't get Davinson Sanchez, he has been really good at Ajax.

Last edited:

navidjaan

Not reasonable at all. Tarin carried the B defense last season and still got zero chances.

But yes, La Masia is limited of truly great CB talent, and it's a position that has always been an issue. Puyol was a winger and right back in La Masia, so Pique and somewhat Bartra are pretty much the only success stories in recent memory. Across the different La Masia teams, there are only two **really** talented CB's: Arnau Olle (Infantil A) and Eric Garcia (Cadet A).

xXKonan

[tw]789428255531163648[/tw]

Using a crappy Translation.

The day after the injury Pique in the game against City, Marlon Santos trained with the first team as he has learned Weloba , Luis Enrique has any choice as to cover the losses on defense. Thursday Barça knocked around player and said that because psychologically prepared is likely to play against City. In the match in Manchester, part of the low Pique, Mathieu can not play the card that was Wednesday and Luis Enrique will not have many options in the heart of the defense.

Marlon, Nili and Cardona are the three team players who registered on the list of the Champions League and therefore there would be no problem in convening it. Furthermore Raul Cury Andre Sanllehí and are called around the player to tell him that Luis Enrique is delighted with Marlon and loves as a player and the attitude you have. Since the Brazilian arrived in Barcelona has been very focused on work and in order to succeed at the club. He lives close to the Sports City and as yet does not have a driving license, only makes train many hours and be home.

It seems that the debut of Marlon the first team is getting closer. Another possibility was to travel to Valencia but Gerard Lopez has finally summoned to play against Sabadell. The player was waiting to inform their environment as they would travel to Barcelona to see him play Miniestadi not know if they had to take a ticket to Valencia. After being waiting since yesterday, can now finally buy the ticket to Barcelona.

khaled_a_d

Not reasonable at all. Tarin carried the B defense last season and still got zero chances.

But yes, La Masia is limited of truly great CB talent, and it's a position that has always been an issue. Puyol was a winger and right back in La Masia, so Pique and somewhat Bartra are pretty much the only success stories in recent memory. Across the different La Masia teams, there are only two **really** talented CB's: Arnau Olle (Infantil A) and Eric Garcia (Cadet A).

Puyol was CB until LVG used him as a RB when he started promoting him. But his original position at the academy was CB AFAIK.
That said,Puyol & Pique aren't 100% La Masia product. Puyol arrived at the age of 17 and Pique left at same age and spent some important time of his development outside the club

navidjaan

Puyol was CB until LVG used him as a RB when he started promoting him. But his original position at the academy was CB AFAIK.

No. Puyol was used as a winger and full-back at Juvenil A and Barça B, and was then used at CB at the first team.

That said,Puyol & Pique aren't 100% La Masia product. Puyol arrived at the age of 17 and Pique left at same age and spent some important time of his development outside the club

Silliness. According to that logic, none of our La Masia players who have gone all the way are not "100%" La Masia products. Only Samper, if he gets back on the first team.

xXKonan

Looked good tonight and was very calm on the ball.

He likey will get called up for Granada due to Mathieu's Injury.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We really didn't have much to do in defense so it was more about not screwing up anything than watching him how he defends.
Espanyol barely had the ball and when they did they scored by Mathieu mistake.

Home of Barca Fans