Marlon Santos

xXKonan

Exactly, no reason to buy another young cb. Give the man a shot next to Piqué when we play 'weak' La liga teams.
Against weak La Liga teams I would play him next to Umtiti. I feel like their play styles are pretty compatible with each other and I want them to build up a solid understanding with each other.

If he's the real deal and clicks with Umtiti, we're set at the CB position for years to come. Afraid he might leave if he is though, Pique will keep him out of the starting XI for just a little too long.

Wouldn't mind if he were Valverde's go to sub CB for easier home games next season. Masch should still play the away games and the big games if Pique or Umtiti gets injured/suspended. Promote Marlon to full time third choice if he impresses enough.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Much better!

I just like how calm he is especially at his age. I feel like his style of play is compatible with Umtiti's (Pique-Mascherano) kind of way. Marlon talked a lot how his main influence Thiago Silva, and how he also based his play style off him. Not surprising considering Silva also spent time at Fluminense's academy, and was a key player for them later on before his move to Milan.

Once he gets more game time with the first team he will gain more confidence to be able to pass through the lines/long balls.

Home of Barca Fans