Marlon Santos

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He'll go on a loan as Verminator will be our 4th choice CB :facepalm:

We'll basically be playing with 3 CBs this season :lol:

Ritchie

Masch and Pique will both get injuries and need resting at 30+ so Marlon will get plenty of time.

Give him the Copa Del Ray games for starters.

xXKonan

Lol we are stuck with Verm because no one wants to buy him.

That's probably played a role in him staying due to that. Marlon on the other hand has loan offers from several La Liga teams.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Valverde just confirmed Marlon might leave because we have 5 defenders. What is wrong with having 5 defenders especially when one of them is vermalen. We have 8 midfielders and actively trying to sign more. First sell the dead weight in midfield not defence.

Messi983

If he'll go on loan he should go to La Liga team so he'll adapt to the league and he'll also accumulate time living in Spain to possibly get nationality next year so he wouldn't count as Non EU player. Only foreign team that was rumoured to be interested in his loan was Nice and with Seri deal not likely to happen that's probably also not actual anymore.

But there is no way we should seriously count on Vermaelen to stay healthy so I would rather keep Marlon unless Mina is coming now. But isn't he injured? How long will he be out?

Messi983

In that case we could just keep Marlon until January and see how he'll do. If he won't get enough playing time we can loan him for second half of the season and bring Mina in January. If Marlon will do good we can keep him and let Mina in Brazil until next summer. Which is what he'll probably prefer anyway as no player really wants to change a club 6 months before WC.

clemente

It better be loan, I would hate if we sold him, would end up a world class player the same season as is tradition. Liked him since the first game I saw, like Umtiti he is very active, does those small runs forward to pressure the ball and steal it quickly, but he is still kinda raw, so a loan to a higher table la liga club would be perfect.

God Serena

Umtiti, Mascherano, and Pique are more than enough defenders on their own tbh. Vermaelen will be injured for most of the season anyways. Valverde is probably banking on a B team CB being able to step up whenever the need for a 4th CB pops up.

Jombi

Umtiti, Mascherano, and Pique are more than enough defenders on their own tbh. Vermaelen will be injured for most of the season anyways. Valverde is probably banking on a B team CB being able to step up whenever the need for a 4th CB pops up.

Can a B team CB step up against RM or Atletico if Pique and Umtiti are injured/suspended? A 4th CB should be able to play any game, including CL knockouts.

God Serena

Can a B team CB step up against RM or Atletico if Pique and Umtiti are injured/suspended? A 4th CB should be able to play any game, including CL knockouts.

I wouldn't expect Marlon to be able to step up in any of those scenarios, either. He's barely above any B team CBs himself.

Home of Barca Fans