Marlon Santos

EdmondDantes

Yeah I see where you're coming from.

When it comes to CB's there's a good lucrative market especially young and talented ones. That's why you see a lot of teams looking in France and South America for CB's these days because it is possible to find them as well.

In Brazil a lot of teams usually cannot afford to turn down decent offers for players especially CBs. We got Marlon for around 5 Million? In total I think which was a bargain. I remember Fluminense fans were livid as hell because that is a drop in the bucket for a team like ours.

In France for some teams it's the same deal. Lenglet went for around 5 Million euros to Sevilla from Nancy a fee that is big for a team like that and we seen how talented he is. Big teams these days are always on the lookout for that New Varane(Using him as an example) buying a talented young CB who ended up becoming the real deal for cheap.

As far as I remember; we got Marlon from Fluminense's youth team after watching him play for one of Brazil's youth teams, no? I remember their fans were livid with their manager at the time not rating and promoting him to their first team so we took a punt on him. He would have cost a little more if it weren't for that.

Porto is buying 20 players for resell.
We can buy 2-3 young guys per year, loan and sell them. What is the problem?
Are we hollier than that?

About young brasilian cbs, one more thing: young wingers cost 40-50m straight from Brasil.
Young attackers aged 20 cost 30-50m.
So, it is hard to resell young wingers and attackers when they are already expensive while in Brasil.
And with that operation, there is way more risk involved in terms of potential resell income.

On the other hand: Davinson, Mina, Marlon...
Young quality cbs could be bought way cheaper and yet, there is a high interest for them in EPL.

I'd say only exceptional talents cost 40, 50 mil. I don't rate Vinicius much but I see Rodrygo as a Neymar tier talent, hence he cost that much. You can get really talented 'wonderkids' cheaper still. Leverkusen got Paulinho from Vasco for 20 and I read he's rated higher than Vinicius. Ajax got David Neres for 12 million and now rejected 40 million bids from Dortmund and Roma this summer. There's a bit of cash to be made there but it's not that clear cut.

Inter have a gem in Lautaro Martinez for not that much.

Catta

I get it what you are meaning. Barca would not be like Porto, Monaco, Benfica, etc., but more like Chelsea, buy cheap young players, loan them, if they make it they could sell them or add to the team, if they don't make it, no big deal it was a cheap gamble.

Jombi

I get it what you are meaning. Barca would not be like Porto, Monaco, Benfica, etc., but more like Chelsea, buy cheap young players, loan them, if they make it they could sell them or add to the team, if they don't make it, no big deal it was a cheap gamble.

Soon BBZ will start to bring up Henrique and Keirrison and various flops from long ago and then go on and on about how bad this is.

Catta

Soon BBZ will start to bring up Henrique and Keirrison and various flops from long ago and then go on and on about how bad this is.

I forgot about them. The club already tried to buy, loan and sell for profit, and it was an epic bust :lol:

khaled_a_d

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]
You need to remember EPL rules, player has to be
a-European b-played most international games c-Young and exceptional talent
Marlon deal failed because he didn't meet any of those standards. Mina is Colombian international so deal was coming through easily but we will fail to get a young Brazilian CB who is international for resale
Worth oting that Brexit will come in effecc next March, and there is a likely change in the rules with it

He isn't going to be wrong.
Just like any other plan, it is about how you execute it. And we were proven bad executing such plan tbh

Last edited:

Jombi

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]
You need to remember EPL rules, player has to be
a-European b-played most international games c-Young and exceptional talent
Marlon deal failed because he didn't meet any of those standards. Mina is Colombian international so deal was coming through easily but we will fail to get a young Brazilian CB who is international for resale
Worth oting that Brexit will come in effecc next March, and there is a likely change in the rules with it

He isn't going to be wrong.
Just like any other plan, it is about how you execute it. And we were proven bad executing such plan tbh

Simply focusing on CBs only from Brazil is not a plan. Its just wrong and stupid. BBZ8800 would argue against such an idea just a few weeks ago, bringing up the past flops.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Porto is buying 20 players for resell.
We can buy 2-3 young guys per year, loan and sell them. What is the problem?
Are we hollier than that?

About young brasilian cbs, one more thing: young wingers cost 40-50m straight from Brasil.
Young attackers aged 20 cost 30-50m.
So, it is hard to resell young wingers and attackers when they are already expensive while in Brasil.
And with that operation, there is way more risk involved in terms of potential resell income.

On the other hand: Davinson, Mina, Marlon...
Young quality cbs could be bought way cheaper and yet, there is a high interest for them in EPL.

Yes we are hollier than that. We buy players because we think they will serve our needs, not for resale. None of the big clubs do that. Buying players with the pure intention of selling them later is a big waste of resources for the scouting and sporting departments and distract them from focusing on doing their job, which is finding players that WE need.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He has not been given any squad number and considering the fact that there are 3 better players occupying the non-EU spots, he has to leave?

Home of Barca Fans