Marlon Santos

xXKonan

We got around 12 Million for Adama if I remember correctly.

that itself was a good deal at the time. :lol:

xXKonan

Do Real Betis need a CB?
I'm not sure but they are looking for a Left back. I would love for Marlon to remain in La Liga for Game time and we can watch him closer for his development and help gain him the time to help him eventually get a Spanish residency so he doesn't count as a Non-EU.

raki

True, but even if we bought him for only 110m, when you add 4 years of wages, taxes on wages, sign on fees for new extensions, penalties paid to courts, we probably spent more than 222m on him.

That´s just ludicrous and false.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
We got around 12 Million for Adama if I remember correctly.

that itself was a good deal at the time. :lol:

Wolves bought him for 20 million while Deulofeu the undisputed star in that era of Barca cantera is only sold for 13 million!!

BBZ8800

That´s just ludicrous and false.

How:
100-110 for a transfer fee, sign on fee for Neymar, for his dad, for his mom, for his dog, for his 13 friends
Some money paid to Santos for rights on some other players which was a part of this deal and just money laundering
10+ Millions paid as a penalty later due to cheating on Neymar's transfer
= that is already 110-120M
If Neymar's wage was around 10M, that means: 10M paid to Neymar and 10M taxes for that sum. So, Barca had to pay 20M in total.
In the last year, his wage was way higher, plus he probably earned some sign on fee for a new contract.
Anyway, if he only earned 10+10+10+10M for wages, that is 40M for Neymar and 40M for taxes=80M in total.

So, only for transfer fee, penalties and his wages you have 110+10+80=at least 200M, without money paid to Santos for scouting, other prospects, secret sing on fees, secret fees for a contract extensions.
So, in 4 years, we have probably spent 200-220M for Neymar.

raki

How:
100-110 for a transfer fee, sign on fee for Neymar, for his dad, for his mom, for his dog, for his 13 friends
Some money paid to Santos for rights on some other players which was a part of this deal and just money laundering
10+ Millions paid as a penalty later due to cheating on Neymar's transfer
= that is already 110-120M
If Neymar's wage was around 10M, that means: 10M paid to Neymar and 10M taxes for that sum. So, Barca had to pay 20M in total.
In the last year, his wage was way higher, plus he probably earned some sign on fee for a new contract.
Anyway, if he only earned 10+10+10+10M for wages, that is 40M for Neymar and 40M for taxes=80M in total.

So, only for transfer fee, penalties and his wages you have 110+10+80=at least 200M, without money paid to Santos for scouting, other prospects, secret sing on fees, secret fees for a contract extensions.
So, in 4 years, we have probably spent 200-220M for Neymar.

A lot of if´s regarding the transfer values. No facts

xXKonan

Back to BBZ's point about how Yerry's transfer or a hypothetical sale of Marlon would give us more money than any B team player we sold. I think we will probably see more deals like this in the future.

I feel like Vitinho, would have been bought by us if his fee was around the 5-8 Million mark. He didn't have a great season but he's one of those players you could sign on a permanent basis and send him on loan and if he impresses you could possible make a 10-12 Million profit off him from an EPL team willing to take the risk.

Problem is the buy option was 15 Million euros if I remember correctly, which in itself was steep considering the season he had.

BBZ8800

Konan, I think that we will continue to buy Cbs, not other positions.

La masia midfielders haven't brought us too much profit except Thiago.
And except guys whom we kept like Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Roberto.

But cms who are not good for Barca, like Samper, don't have too much value.
While Cbs who are not good for us, like Mina and Marlon could bring 20+10m profit.
Marlon is today probably worth similar to Rafinha.
And more expensive than Gomes and Denis...

I could see us buying Brasilian cbs for 5-8m and selling them for 15-20 in 1-2 years.

Look at Davinson Sanchez.
Bought for 5m, sold for 50.

It seems that a market for young good cbs is way more lucrative than for "soft" midfielders who are below our standard.

xXKonan

Yeah I see where you're coming from.

When it comes to CB's there's a good lucrative market especially young and talented ones. That's why you see a lot of teams looking in France and South America for CB's these days because it is possible to find them as well.

In Brazil a lot of teams usually cannot afford to turn down decent offers for players especially CBs. We got Marlon for around 5 Million? In total I think which was a bargain. I remember Fluminense fans were livid as hell because that is a drop in the bucket for a team like ours.

In France for some teams it's the same deal. Lenglet went for around 5 Million euros to Sevilla from Nancy a fee that is big for a team like that and we seen how talented he is. Big teams these days are always on the lookout for that New Varane(Using him as an example) buying a talented young CB who ended up becoming the real deal for cheap.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Konan, I think that we will continue to buy Cbs, not other positions.

La masia midfielders haven't brought us too much profit except Thiago.
And except guys whom we kept like Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Roberto.

But cms who are not good for Barca, like Samper, don't have too much value.
While Cbs who are not good for us, like Mina and Marlon could bring 20+10m profit.
Marlon is today probably worth similar to Rafinha.
And more expensive than Gomes and Denis...

I could see us buying Brasilian cbs for 5-8m and selling them for 15-20 in 1-2 years.

Look at Davinson Sanchez.
Bought for 5m, sold for 50.

It seems that a market for young good cbs is way more lucrative than for "soft" midfielders who are below our standard.

You want to turn us into a fucking FC Porto or AS Monaco?

We are not a club that buys players with the intention of selling them for profits later. Mina was an exception, not rule.

BBZ8800

You want to turn us into a fucking FC Porto or AS Monaco?

We are not a club that buys players with the intention of selling them for profits later. Mina was an exception, not rule.

Porto is buying 20 players for resell.
We can buy 2-3 young guys per year, loan and sell them. What is the problem?
Are we hollier than that?

About young brasilian cbs, one more thing: young wingers cost 40-50m straight from Brasil.
Young attackers aged 20 cost 30-50m.
So, it is hard to resell young wingers and attackers when they are already expensive while in Brasil.
And with that operation, there is way more risk involved in terms of potential resell income.

On the other hand: Davinson, Mina, Marlon...
Young quality cbs could be bought way cheaper and yet, there is a high interest for them in EPL.

Home of Barca Fans