Marlon Santos

xXKonan

Dude is physically strong for his age as well.

He's faced stronger teams on a daily basis than what Barcelona B have been. He's been touted as the next Thiago Silva, for his Calmness and rarely gets carded for terrible fouls. He's also a leader and good with the ball at his feet.

This isn't some Douglas deal at all, Marlon is considered to be a great prospect and I could see Tarin and him forming a pretty good partnership if he ends up being a starter.

khaled_a_d

Why the fuck is this guy called up to the first team before ever even playing for us when our #1 CB Tarin isn't? It's like playing for Barca B is a negative in Lucho's eyes nowadays.

Hmmm,I doubt anyone outside this forum will rate Tarin higher than Marlon.he is the better player & prospect.different in age isn't that big either.
Lucho called plenty of players to train with 1st team last year,from the older guys like Samper to Juvenil A players like Lee,Alena & Mujica.Alena was in a liga game squad too IIRC,at same time Tarin only got called when he was suspended which is sort of a team policy
So while Tarin might have been last year top CB in Barca B ,it seem that he isn't really highly rated by Lucho or the stuff and that is why a guy like Marlon is brought

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hmmm,I doubt anyone outside this forum will rate Tarin higher than Marlon.he is the better player & prospect.different in age isn't that big either.
Lucho called plenty of players to train with 1st team last year,from the older guys like Samper to Juvenil A players like Lee,Alena & Mujica.Alena was in a liga game squad too IIRC,at same time Tarin only got called when he was suspended which is sort of a team policy
So while Tarin might have been last year top CB in Barca B ,it seem that he isn't really highly rated by Lucho or the stuff and that is why a guy like Marlon is brought

Lucho is no god. He's had his moments of his misjudgements. Doesn't matter if he rates Tarin highly or not. Him not doing so doesn't mean he isn't good or that Marlon is a better prospect.

We can't know anything for sure. The only thing that's a fact right now is that Tarin was Barca B's best defender at the age of 18 in his first season with the team.

xXKonan

Depending on if Tarin also get's called up for Preseason, I think this maybe a case where Lucho doesn't really rate the current batch of "La Masia" Defenders that play in Barca B, or even in General.

He coached guys like Montoya,Bartra,Muniesa,Fontas and Bartra and Montoya were hyped quite a bit. But once Lucho, Took over they rarely got to play under him and both are no longer around. It seems like Lucho wants his CB's to not only be good on the ball but to be "Physically" Strong where they won't get bullied so easily.

Marlon seemed to have caught the eye of Lucho, and from the Video's I've watched he's calm under pressure with the ball, Physically strong. Wouldn't be surprised if he impresses Lucho when he gets the chance.

khaled_a_d

But that's your entire argument. "Tarin hasn't been called up as often as (Insert player here) so he must not be a good prospect" is the only argument I've ever seen you make against him.

That wasn't my argument at all.though again I understand it looked that way
The 1st line of my post was about ranking Tarin himself.I don't really think he is better than Marlon at all.
The rest was talking about the situation,the coach clearly doesn't rate him,all signs are indicating that.Lucho always called B players and I never get the argument he isn't supporting them.And Tarin never get called by him even if there was like a dozen of players called to 1st team(Jordi Suarez/Gumbau/Samper/Alena/Kaptoum/Mujica/Aitor/Lee/Paik/Cámara are the names i remember)

xXKonan

According to MD, Real tried to buy Marlon while we were negotiating with him for the loan deal.

Real apparently offered to pay the 8 million fee Fluminense, wanted and offered Marlon a spot on the main team but Marlon, turned them down.

Last edited:

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
All hail Barto the king is the hidden message of the arcticle.

Barto wants to gain the people on his side. Cheeky fucker.

:2guns::bartomeu:

F

Flavia

Cnze8aHXEAAU7O3.jpg:large

Trained with the 1st team today. We'll probably see him in action during this pre-season.

Home of Barca Fans